I lied, this patch was amazing.

#61fatclemenzaPosted 12/8/2012 4:07:41 PM
If you don't back out in the first place then nobody else is shoved into the game you just left. It works both ways.

Can't blame people for leaving when they're 6 randoms against a team of 4+. The matchmaking should trend parties vs. parties.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#62x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 12/8/2012 4:09:03 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
darkace77450 posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...
Glad I didn't buy the season pass then, and haha at Treyarch trying to tell us when we can or can't quit playing. To think I thought IW was bad...

They're not telling you when you can or cannot quite playing, they're telling you you're a **** for quitting so many times in such a short span of time.

And the game is a ***** for putting me in games in progress nonstop. Seriously, the system is so flawed. Punish those that quit if they started the game not a person who joined in progress.

If you don't back out in the first place then nobody else is shoved into the game you just left. It works both ways.

I didn't step foot into the game so I will quit. Not my mess to deal with and I'm bit going to be victim to lightning strikes as soon as I spawn because I was not even 1 death responsible for such score streak. I never died once nor did I spawn. No thank you, give us a no join in progress or people will leave.
#63supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:11:32 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
darkace77450 posted...
They're not telling you when you can or cannot quite playing, they're telling you you're a **** for quitting so many times in such a short span of time.

And the game is a ***** for putting me in games in progress nonstop. Seriously, the system is so flawed. Punish those that quit if they started the game not a person who joined in progress.

I didn't step foot into the game so I will quit. Not my mess to deal with and I'm bit going to be victim to lightning strikes as soon as I spawn because I was not even 1 death responsible for such score streak. I never died once nor did I spawn. No thank you, give us a no join in progress or people will leave.

Completely agree that you should neither be given a loss or be put on probation for leaving a game that you didn't even spawn into. Doubt it'll do anything, but ill try tweeting vonderhaar
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#64Zero IXPosted 12/8/2012 4:12:36 PM(edited)
Saizen13 posted...
So we will be punished when the host is lag switching and locking us in place making the game unplayable and we want to find another lobby? lol... They just don't get it.

Come on. That's an incredibly niche scenario that won't even apply to 99% (probably higher) of matches.

I get and accept that there are a lot of players dealing with frustrating lag issues that I'm apparently not encountering to the same degree, but I can't help but feel like people overblow the issue to conspiracy theory levels.

If the quit bans are only 60-120 seconds per, I can't see how this would be an issue for anyone who isn't a compulsive dashboarder.

fatclemenza posted...

Can't blame people for leaving when they're 6 randoms against a team of 4+. The matchmaking should trend parties vs. parties.

This is a really good idea but with connection requirements it might not be very practical.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#65darkace77450Posted 12/8/2012 4:12:51 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Nice "I'm not going to have to deal with this **** match because someone else quit, let the next guy deal with it" attitude. Or perhaps you'd prefer no one get thrown into matches that are in progress, so that the losing side can quit and the winning side never get to finish a match? Because that sounds fantastic.
#66x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 12/8/2012 4:16:19 PM(edited)
darkace77450 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Nice "I'm not going to have to deal with this **** match because someone else quit, let the next guy deal with it" attitude. Or perhaps you'd prefer no one get thrown into matches that are in progress, so that the losing side can quit and the winning side never get to finish a match? Because that sounds fantastic.

You will always have people who won't care so give the choice. No matter what you say I will back out. Its not my problem. I'm going to get the loss one day or another and spawn killed immediately. I've tried playing these but immediately am hit by a kill streak at initial spawn. No, I'm not dealing with it. You want to do so go ahead. The game gives no true incentive to stay and a 1 minute probation is a joke. I'll just go grab a drink. If the initial player quit out that's his teams issue. I will not fill the spot that the player helped cause the hole.
#67billnye69Posted 12/8/2012 4:18:33 PM
There is a probation? I back out right at the start if the game puts me in a game on one of the 4 maps I refuse to play.

I've never been "punished"
---
The worst mistake a game developer can make is listening to the community. Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are the ending result.....enough said.
#68veggie530Posted 12/8/2012 4:18:52 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Before it was only for people who dashboarded or turned off their xbox. Now it's there for quitting out of games as well :D

That isn't true...
#69supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:22:56 PM
veggie530 posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Before it was only for people who dashboarded or turned off their xbox. Now it's there for quitting out of games as well :D

That isn't true...

Yes it is.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#70PDXRoverMechPosted 12/8/2012 4:25:19 PM
I had a "timeout" after I left three matches. One my daughter had to use the potty. 2nd one she spilled her juice. 3rd one I got stuck in a 2 vs 6 Dom game. It really didnt bother me. As long as I can get in lobbies where half the players don't quit then I'm ok with it.