Whoa! Major riot shield buff!

#1MaliceStrikerPosted 12/8/2012 9:06:01 PM
JK, it's still garbage.
I wish they would at least make it harder to scratch the surface.
After one encounter with an enemy who shoots it it practically becomes useless :(
---
Ahhhh, where's the THC?
PSN: MaliceStriker
#2gamester091Posted 12/8/2012 9:08:32 PM
MaliceStriker posted...
JK, it's still garbage.
After one encounter with an enemy who shoots it it practically becomes useless :(

Then how about you dont just walk towards someone with it.

Its a support item. If you use it that way, its really good
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#3TheBlueDeathPosted 12/8/2012 9:12:07 PM(edited)
gamester091 posted...
MaliceStriker posted...
JK, it's still garbage.

Except its not, at all.

It's bash ability is garbage, it's switch times are brutal, even with fast hands.

Even using it strictly as defense and focusing on stopping enemy fire, you go blind generally quickly and with this game's lag compensation system, you'll die from blocks you thought you blocked because the enemy can turn a second ahead of you.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#4flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 9:10:02 PM
It wears out?

lol

Even more useless...
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#5Swan3624Posted 12/8/2012 9:10:41 PM
I just use the "Window Washer" perk you unlock when you get your Assault Shield to Diamond. It adds two pipes to the sides of your assault shield, and if you press the right thumbstick down, it activates those pipes. It can only be used once every minute, but it's extremely useful.

Good luck, and hope this helps! :D
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#6kirbyparufoPosted 12/8/2012 9:14:11 PM
Please do not get my hopes up, TC. ;_;
---
I stink at video games. :D
#7MaliceStriker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:17:26 PM
Window Washer, wtf, am i just gullible or are you serious?
---
Ahhhh, where's the THC?
PSN: MaliceStriker
#8TheBlueDeathPosted 12/8/2012 9:17:42 PM
MaliceStriker posted...
Window Washer, wtf, am i just gullible or are you serious?

Gullible.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9gamester091Posted 12/8/2012 9:17:46 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
gamester091 posted...
MaliceStriker posted...
JK, it's still garbage.

Except its not, at all.

It's bash ability is garbage, it's switch times are brutal, even with fast hands.

Even using it strictly as defense and focusing on stopping enemy fire, you go blind generally quickly with this game's lag compensation system, you'll die from blocks you thought you blocked because the enemy can turn a second ahead of you.

Thats because you need to have a efficient class for it to be good.

Simply putting smoke grenades on with it makes it much better. In objective game modes, throwing a smoke near the objective and sitting in the smoke while facing the enemies spawn will not only get you point for blocking damage and assists, if its in Dom, you can pretty much capture a point with little to no trouble. And people are usually dumb enough to run into the smoke so its pretty easy to beat someone down.

Also playing with people who support you as much as you support them, the shield can drastically help out.

Hell i get hatemail from using it all the time
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#10TheBlueDeathPosted 12/8/2012 9:20:45 PM(edited)
gamester091 posted...

Thats because you need to have a efficient class for it to be good.

Simply putting smoke grenades on with it makes it much better. In objective game modes, throwing a smoke near the objective and sitting in the smoke while facing the enemies spawn will not only get you point for blocking damage and assists, if its in Dom, you can pretty much capture a point with little to no trouble. And people are usually dumb enough to run into the smoke so its pretty easy to beat someone down.

Also playing with people who support you as much as you support them, the shield can drastically help out.

Hell i get hatemail from using it all the time

I know what you're saying, I use the shield. You can do well with the shield, but you don't get that its garbage. I get it that you do well, but the shield isn't doing it. I'm telling you that you're flatout wrong if you think the shield is good. You had lag comp on your side or you were facing garbage, it doesn't work.

The shield just can't defend well with how this game works. In LAN settings it is a different story, but not in this game. I don't care how good you are given the lag compensation.
---