ITT: We discuss the weapon changes and how different they actually are

#1XxOblivion77Posted 12/8/2012 11:40:52 PM
MSMC: Recoil is increased to the point where it's harder to kill people from long range, but the SMG function of it remains the same. I feel that Suppressor is a bad choice now however, as that one less bullet is precious at range.

PDW: For some reason it seems like the recoil is more manageable. Now I use this over the MSMC O_o

M8A1: Not very different, it's a 4 shot burst so not a big deal that the 3 burst kill range is reduced. You just have to be more accurate. Now it's more viable to use a suppressor on it. Not to mention there's less idle sway on the ARs now, improving its counter sniping ability.

R870: Right where I like it. It's still very powerful, but you don't get any ridiculous one hit kills. They balanced it as best as they could in comparison to the original stat design of the weapon (I'd personally give shotguns really tight crosshairs with a slightly shorter range so it isn't easy mode, but that's just me).

Haven't tried anything else. I bet the M27 is more ACR-like now though.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
BO2 lag compensation gave me an aneurism.
#2ICantNameGudPosted 12/8/2012 11:45:45 PM
It's disappointing I won't score amazing 40ft OSKs anymore. But I'm equally relieved it won't happen to me again. The other guns honestly feel the same killing and being killed, my friend who isn't good at all is going positive with 20kills using the M8A1.

I was learning to use the other shotties and the 870 really seems to be the only thing with a noticeable difference.

This is all IMO if course
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#3XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:57:47 PM
Agreed, I think people overreacted. The changes are subtle, but necessary and good.
---
#4VelociswaggerPosted 12/9/2012 12:05:22 AM
M27 is not like the ACR. It has the same recoil, but not the same damage and ROF
#5XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:05:53 AM
M27 is not like the ACR. It has the same recoil, but not the same damage and ROF

OH REALLY?! I HAD NO IDEA!
---
#6clegg105Posted 12/9/2012 12:07:11 AM
The only thing I have noticed at all besides slightly more recoil is fewer UAV's, which is great! They did a good job with this patch
#7AngelicTouch99Posted 12/9/2012 12:27:19 AM
I havent really noticed anything. The R870 seems to randomly fire confetti and the patch is just some I rage about now when it happens lol.
#8AlexanaxelaPosted 12/9/2012 1:15:05 AM
I'm still confused about these "ridiculous one shot kills" for the r870. Pump actions in mw3 and black one shotted farther
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#9XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:19:21 AM
I'm still confused about these "ridiculous one shot kills" for the r870. Pump actions in mw3 and black one shotted farther

They were way more inconsistent and it wasn't farther. MW3 weapons were all OP.
---
#10AlexanaxelaPosted 12/9/2012 1:23:26 AM
yes every weapon in mw3 was op, holy crap why do I even try and have a discussion with people
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.