Why did they take out hardcore spawn time?

#11DigitalIncision(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:18:42 AM
W0NG_FAI_HUNG posted...
DigitalIncision posted...
W0NG_FAI_HUNG posted...
DigitalIncision posted...
Now games play like core. It's just 100% people running around with SMGs trying to exploit the spawns. I don't get why they added this. Why are they trying to get hardcore mode to be like core mode?

I'm still winning and stuff, just wondering why.

Also, did they increase the general move speed of everybody in the game?

Unless it takes a whole clip to kill someone it's still not like core. I myself don't play HC because of the wait time when one dies. Now after reading your post I will be playing HC mode now. Thanks for the info TC

You're welcome, and yes, it's just like core now. The way the game flows, that is. Which you know is what I was talking about

Lol know I don't kow what your talking about like I said I don't play HC. So if I don't play it how can I know what your talking about. It's very clear your upset with the new change and I'm sorry that your upset. However in your very thread you seem to be in the minority here so it sounds like they did a good thing.

Yes, I am upset. I thought I made that clear .. this is how hardcore has WORKED since the beginning. Why change it now? It's making it more like core. Everybody has an SMG and lightweight, nobody doing anything but spawning, running, and trying to spawn camp.

I made this topic to ask if anybody had official reasoning. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, oddly. I don't mean to offend you guys by having a differing opinion and if I came off rude, I'm sorry.
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.
#12Scottydont19Posted 12/9/2012 2:31:18 AM
Wait. Its like core now? Did they add the HUD and make guns kill in more than 1-2 bullets? Nope. I think its a good thing if people are less inclined to camp. The spawn timer and the fact the HC is a camp fest were the reasons I didn't play it.
#13DigitalIncision(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:34:20 AM
Scottydont19 posted...
Wait. Its like core now? Did they add the HUD and make guns kill in more than 1-2 bullets? Nope. I think its a good thing if people are less inclined to camp. The spawn timer and the fact the HC is a camp fest were the reasons I didn't play it.

No you don't get it. People are MORE inclined to camp. Spawn camp. That's the problem. They took it from being a tactical gametype in which, yes, you could run into people who are annoying to play, but now it's just the same exact thing as core as far as the flow of gameplay goes. And this is coming from someone who is NOT a camper. I can't play a game where I camp. It's not fun,
---
Digi
#14chessmyantidrugPosted 12/9/2012 10:52:40 AM
Before they removed the spawn timer, hardcore TDM was a campfest. I hated it, but I felt like it was the only way I could get a fair chance in gunfights. The only thing I have noticed with the change is the spawn system is still broken. I was playing on Yemen yesterday and got five or six kills from the tunnel because they other team kept spawning on top of me. I eventually died because the game refused to spawn them anywhere else.

I could get behind the idea of a respawn constant of five seconds instead of a timer everyone goes by. It seemed like every time I died, I would wait 15 seconds before spawning. I would spend about one-third of the game spectating a teammate. That's just boring. If I wanted to do that, I would go play S&D.
#15markywhoPosted 12/9/2012 10:55:01 AM
lol 3arc made hc tdm and kc mw3.5 since everything kills fast. but if you want the old school hardcore just play ctf! they have respawn timer! hur durr!
#16DigitalIncision(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:57:01 AM
Make it the same timer, but 10 seconds. Or even 8. I know it's simple math, but a lot of people take this game way too seriously and are under too much pressure to consistently remember when to spawn camp if it's something like eight seconds. That would be neat.

I just don't get it, really. It seemed an unnecessary change. And almost all the people who are talking about it being a good change don't even play hardcore (see: this topic).
---
Digi
#17Stryker_StormPosted 12/9/2012 11:02:43 AM
David Vonderhaar posted a tweet asking fans "for a friend" if they wanted the spawn timer removed, I'm guessing the majority of players said yes.
---
This is my PSN. There are many like it, but this one is mine: StrykerStorm
#18chessmyantidrugPosted 12/9/2012 11:18:25 AM
markywho posted...
lol 3arc made hc tdm and kc mw3.5 since everything kills fast. but if you want the old school hardcore just play ctf! they have respawn timer! hur durr!

CTF has a spawn timer in core as well. I feel like all objective-based games should have a respawn timer.

The biggest issue with having no respawn timer is spawns are nearly instantaneous because there's no killcam. I'm probably in the minority, but I usually watch the killcam when I play core. It gives me a little insight as to what the player is trying to do and why he killed me.