Forget nerfing guns, buff the others

#1Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/9/2012 12:15:53 PM
Treyarch tried, but there isn't really a solution to nerfing the smgs at reasonable levels

Instead, they truly need to buff every gun in this game that's not an smg

ESPECIALLY Lmgs. Holy hell, the guns themselves are great but they're not really usable

I think taking away the idle sway in the AR class was a right step, AR's can actually kill at long distances now (they could before, but they required enemies with no cover and refusing to move).

So--lets buff every other class, and buff the crappier shotguns. Nerfing isn't going to work, you can't blame the smgs, they aren't better than any other COD (although this is the first COD ever where there's genuinley no bad smg).
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#2MG42_CHEFPosted 12/9/2012 12:25:21 PM
LMGs need faster ADS more than anything else.

SCAR H needs reduced recoil, and it should be a 2SK at Five Seven 2sk range.

B23r and KAP40 should be a 4sk, nothing else will make a difference.

FAL and SMR, should have their fire caps raised so you can't over sample them, and would make those with trigger fingers less gimped than those who abuse the not so nerfed FAL SF. Also, SMR should get a bonus HS multiplier at long range so at most it takes 2 shots if one shot hits the head.

SMGs can't be nerfed without making them useless, and they are only as powerful as the mpas let them be.

Snipers, only way to balance snipers is a HS only, or just remove them from standard MP.

Shotguns just need a slight damage or pellet increase much like MW3 Ext Mags glitch.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#3fatclemenzaPosted 12/9/2012 12:27:31 PM
Treyarch is nerf-happy. There's still completely outclassed trash guns in BO1 that never got any attention, but rather than make them competitive, they just nerf others.

Although the AR sway removal was a great change.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#4Arcanine2009Posted 12/9/2012 12:44:54 PM
MG42_CHEF posted...
LMGs need faster ADS more than anything else.

SCAR H needs reduced recoil, and it should be a 2SK at Five Seven 2sk range.

B23r and KAP40 should be a 4sk, nothing else will make a difference.

FAL and SMR, should have their fire caps raised so you can't over sample them, and would make those with trigger fingers less gimped than those who abuse the not so nerfed FAL SF. Also, SMR should get a bonus HS multiplier at long range so at most it takes 2 shots if one shot hits the head.

SMGs can't be nerfed without making them useless, and they are only as powerful as the mpas let them be.

Snipers, only way to balance snipers is a HS only, or just remove them from standard MP.

Shotguns just need a slight damage or pellet increase much like MW3 Ext Mags glitch.

Its people like with unreasonable ideas that ruin the cod series. Do us a favor and break your disc.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#5Afghan_Whig777(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:31:11 PM
Remove sniper rifles from the game? Thats...well...

Sniper rifles themselves don't need a nerf, but the aim assist needs to be drastically reduced. I actually think the quickscopes make MW2's look like a job, the only thing holding them back is the horrible maps that holds them back from being competetive

LMGS definitely need a quicker ADS.

AR's still need a buff to their drop off range

I'm personally relieved about the 870 nerf, but I'm not 100% sure if it was fair or not. They did make some maps really unpleasant though
---
GT: Arcade Fire87