Either leaving game ban is fake, or very very lenient.

#1duericPosted 12/10/2012 2:59:48 PM
So last night I went on a mission to see just how the quit ban worked. Here are some of the things I did,

1) I left every game I joined in progress.

2) I left random fresh games off host and on.

3) I left pregame lobbies as much as I could

4) I dashboarded one time.

Here's what I found. After a ton of "normal" quits, I still hadn't received any warnings or anything. So the next game I dashboarded. (Well, I actually just signed out and back in during a game. Same thing)

As soon as I signed back in I was given the warning stating to finish games or you could be subject to temporary suspension.

For the rest of the night I played normally. Leaving games in progress, rage quitting etc,, and have still NOT received any probation.

My conclusion is that it's incredibly hard to get "legit quitting" probation. Or, that it was just one huge rumor.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 12/10/2012 3:01:26 PM
I backed out of a pregame lobby and got it.

Didn't even receive a warning message prior and i didn't dashboard anytime.
---
People don't kill people, guns kill people.
#3forgotten0285Posted 12/10/2012 3:02:38 PM
I hope this is the case for me.

Personally, I don't quit very often, but if I am in a mood I will back out of every game in progress just to save myself the pain and suffering of being a mercenary to some other downtrodden bastard's lost cause.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#4jamejamePosted 12/10/2012 3:03:30 PM
There's a glitch where it doesn't affect certain people. I actually had it. I've rage quit more than most of my friends who get the probation constantly (and I mean constantly, we'll be playing in a party, get lagged out, I won't be on probation but they will), yet before yesterday I never had it. I decided to let a friend of mine download my account ot his Xbox to do a glitch and get him the same level as me, and upon returning my account, I'm getting probation constantly.
#5dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:04:08 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
I backed out of a pregame lobby and got it.

Didn't even receive a warning message prior and i didn't dashboard anytime.

I'm sorry but I do not believe you.

This isn't me using logic and reason to come to a conclusion. I actually tested it in game through several hours of playing.

There has to be some other factor at work for you to have gotten probation.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6imthestuntmanPosted 12/10/2012 3:05:14 PM
dueric posted...
So last night I went on a mission to see just how the quit ban worked. Here are some of the things I did,

1) I left every game I joined in progress.

2) I left random fresh games off host and on.

3) I left pregame lobbies as much as I could

4) I dashboarded one time.

Here's what I found. After a ton of "normal" quits, I still hadn't received any warnings or anything. So the next game I dashboarded. (Well, I actually just signed out and back in during a game. Same thing)

As soon as I signed back in I was given the warning stating to finish games or you could be subject to temporary suspension.

For the rest of the night I played normally. Leaving games in progress, rage quitting etc,, and have still NOT received any probation.

My conclusion is that it's incredibly hard to get "legit quitting" probation. Or, that it was just one huge rumor.

i get non legt ones more than legit ones, regardless of frequency of quitting.
---
A number of polite gentlemen requested I change my signature. So i did.
I want my Minecraft Xbox 360 Wedge Antilles skin.
#7XtypegamerPosted 12/10/2012 3:05:15 PM
I disconnected my RJ-45 cable and did not get the probation.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 12/10/2012 3:09:13 PM
Saturday morning, I was on a leaving spree. On a match of Slums (hate that **** map) I was about to leave. When I selected "yes" for leave game, another message came up stating I would be put on probation for leaving, so I stayed the rest of the match. In the lobby, I messed with my classes, only to see they voted Slums again, so I left. At that point upon trying to hit the "public match" on the menu, I had a 60 second ban.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#9supercoolisaacPosted 12/10/2012 3:10:33 PM
It's extremely inconsistent.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#10DigitalIncisionPosted 12/10/2012 3:10:47 PM
I quit out of join in progress matches or whenever I actually, you know, have to go. Like if something came up, etc. I've never been on probation, except for days when I don't ever quit myself, and get booted due to the host leaving/lobby closing. That's the only time I've ever got probation.
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.