Either leaving game ban is fake, or very very lenient.

#21williamk_85Posted 12/10/2012 3:31:19 PM
i was playing yesterday and the host rage quit making me get disconnected, then it wouldn't let me sign back into the black ops servers so i put in mw3 for a couple matches. when i went back to black ops later that night i had the ban for 1 minute saying i had to finish my matches. what kind of bs is this ban thing? banning people for getting disconnected when the host rages?
---
PSN - williamk_85 XBL - williamcod85
mw3 - 1.312 PSN - 1.701 XBL and going up
#22dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:33:06 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Have you ever dashboarded or been dashboard disconnected by someone else in the past?

I'm talking all the way back to launch?

Oh I have plenty of hosts dashboard me for sure. I've turned the system off mid match out of rage as well a bunch of times if you count that as me dashboarding lol

See. I think what the update did was make everything cumulative from launch.

It seems there is no "grace period". Meaning even not quitting for a certain amount of time isn't clearing your record, so to speak.

So basically what's happening, if people aren't flat out lying, is the bans are adding up. So now people are getting them for seemingly no reason and tying them to simple things like leaving lobbies and s***. When in fact they are getting them for past actions.

From my tests I can only assume that simply leaving games is not a factor. I have a 0.50 WL as my reference. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#23dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:35:59 PM(edited)
supercoolisaac posted...

what is this i dont even

Someone I pissed off on their alt that's ignored.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#24markywhoPosted 12/10/2012 3:35:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25supercoolisaacPosted 12/10/2012 3:36:21 PM
dueric posted...
fatclemenza posted...
Have you ever dashboarded or been dashboard disconnected by someone else in the past?

Oh I have plenty of hosts dashboard me for sure. I've turned the system off mid match out of rage as well a bunch of times if you count that as me dashboarding lol

It seems there is no "grace period". Meaning even not quitting for a certain amount of time isn't clearing your record, so to speak.

So basically what's happening, if people aren't flat out lying, is the bans are adding up. So now people are getting them for seemingly no reason and tying them to simple things like leaving lobbies and s***. When in fact they are getting them for past actions.

From my tests I can only assume that simply leaving games is not a factor. I have a 0.50 WL as my reference. LOL

I have never dashboarded, turned off my xbox mid game, or even quit out of games normally. Yesterday I got the "couldn't connect to host" error and it put me on a probation for 60 seconds >_>
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#26dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:37:08 PM
williamk_85 posted...
i was playing yesterday and the host rage quit making me get disconnected, then it wouldn't let me sign back into the black ops servers so i put in mw3 for a couple matches. when i went back to black ops later that night i had the ban for 1 minute saying i had to finish my matches. what kind of bs is this ban thing? banning people for getting disconnected when the host rages?

That has always been the case since launch.

If you get disconnected because a host dashboards, it counts against you as if you had done the dashboarding.
---
#27dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:38:18 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
fatclemenza posted...

I have never dashboarded, turned off my xbox mid game, or even quit out of games normally. Yesterday I got the "couldn't connect to host" error and it put me on a probation for 60 seconds >_>

You have most certainly been in games where the host dashboarded and it didn't reconnect. Right?

That's the same as you dashboarding to the game.
---
#28TweakzPosted 12/10/2012 4:06:19 PM
It's s**t if you ask me. Tonight 2 of us are playing a game, it gets connection problems and goes back into the lobby. 1 of are team mates joins party chat and we think ok we will pull out and start new to add him.
How the f**k should that result in a timed ban forcing us to twiddle are thumbs while we wait.
---
GT - hXcREWOLF
#29moridin7632Posted 12/10/2012 4:14:21 PM
I agree with dueric.

The bans/probation are all from disconnecting issues(dashboarding, turning of the system, non host migration etc...) and will effect anyone that has these issues whether they are on purpose or not.

Which is exactly the point I always brought up when people cried and whined about dashboarders needing to be punished. How is the game supposed to determine if you dashboarded or it was legitemate.

I have a win/loss of .44 I believe right now. It is that low because I quit out of a lot of matches. At launch I had a terrible issue with being seconds behind everyone else and I quit a lot of matches early. Now that only happens when I am host so I don't quit as often.

I have never recieved probation for quitting like that(hit start, go down to quit match, click ok) and I never dashboard.

I have recieved a 1 minute probation once though and I believe I understand why. Like Dueric said it all adds up and there are times that the host doesn't migrate and the lobby is kicked from the game(this counts). Then I was kicked from 2 games in hardcore in a row for team killing(idiots knifing my betties) and I was put on probation.

So I think anytime you are disconnected without quiting out of a match you are on your way to probation. Even if its not your fault.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#30dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:26:20 PM
moridin7632 posted...
I agree with dueric.

The bans/probation are all from disconnecting issues(dashboarding, turning of the system, non host migration etc...) and will effect anyone that has these issues whether they are on purpose or not.

Which is exactly the point I always brought up when people cried and whined about dashboarders needing to be punished. How is the game supposed to determine if you dashboarded or it was legitemate.

I have a win/loss of .44 I believe right now. It is that low because I quit out of a lot of matches. At launch I had a terrible issue with being seconds behind everyone else and I quit a lot of matches early. Now that only happens when I am host so I don't quit as often.

I have never recieved probation for quitting like that(hit start, go down to quit match, click ok) and I never dashboard.

I have recieved a 1 minute probation once though and I believe I understand why. Like Dueric said it all adds up and there are times that the host doesn't migrate and the lobby is kicked from the game(this counts). Then I was kicked from 2 games in hardcore in a row for team killing(idiots knifing my betties) and I was put on probation.

So I think anytime you are disconnected without quiting out of a match you are on your way to probation. Even if its not your fault.

Yeah. I'm convinced it has to be this way.

I used to get the quit ban in Reach all the time. In this game I have't gotten it once and I am an abusive rage quitter to say the least.

In the time since I've had this game I dashboarded twice. Once because of boosters during the first week, and then again last night. Last night's produced a warning and that's it.
---