Either leaving game ban is fake, or very very lenient.

#31TecmoB0Posted 12/10/2012 3:31:24 PM
i still havent been hit
---
Despondent transponder
#32i2KxLeniNxPosted 12/10/2012 3:36:12 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
I backed out of a pregame lobby and got it.

Didn't even receive a warning message prior and i didn't dashboard anytime.

This happened to me yesterday.
---
TIP: Saving survivors will get you lots of PP!
#33dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:38:12 PM
i2KxLeniNx posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

It wasn't because of backing out of a lobby. This I can guarantee with 100% confidence.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#34imthestuntmanPosted 12/10/2012 3:40:36 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
It's extremely inconsistent.

It would have to be really inconsistent. The way people are talking here, they leave one lobby and get banned. IMO, that's BS.

Check my games history from last night. If there were a ban, I almost certainly should have qualified for it.

But either way, if it is indeed just all f***** up, that's good news.

to be fair its only a 60 second probation so its not like it is a huge thing. and its not bs, people get banned for not even leaving. lobbies being closed to it. it is just really really inconsistent.
---
A number of polite gentlemen requested I change my signature. So i did.
I want my Minecraft Xbox 360 Wedge Antilles skin.
#35dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:42:54 PM
imthestuntman posted...
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
It's extremely inconsistent.

It would have to be really inconsistent. The way people are talking here, they leave one lobby and get banned. IMO, that's BS.

Check my games history from last night. If there were a ban, I almost certainly should have qualified for it.

But either way, if it is indeed just all f***** up, that's good news.

to be fair its only a 60 second probation so its not like it is a huge thing. and its not bs, people get banned for not even leaving. lobbies being closed to it. it is just really really inconsistent.

I think it's actually more consistent than people think.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#36scurry13Posted 12/10/2012 3:48:10 PM
My buddy and I were playing last night, we were in a party, and we did back out of a couple games prelau ch (mainly that downturn-ish map) but no warnings or anything, then got a message that my buddy was on probation for leaving games (was a minute probation). Still....
#37supercoolisaacPosted 12/10/2012 3:50:20 PM
dueric posted...
i2KxLeniNx posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

It wasn't because of backing out of a lobby. This I can guarantee with 100% confidence.

Except I watched tom stream the day after the patch. He tried quitting out of an FFA game and it gave him a warning message that he'd be put on probation if he went through with it.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#38dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:57:38 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
i2KxLeniNx posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

Except I watched tom stream the day after the patch. He tried quitting out of an FFA game and it gave him a warning message that he'd be put on probation if he went through with it.

Has he been live streaming since the game launched? How do we know his actual history?

Either way, the post you quoted was regarding backing out of pre-game lobbies.
---
#39doomedsunsoulPosted 12/10/2012 3:58:49 PM
I think it's all about host migration BUT it has to include the lobby. Several times last night i would be sitting in the lobby waiting for enough people to join and there would be the host migration in the lobby then after getting tired of waiting(i play unpopulated game modes now)i'd back out and get the one minute ban.

This was WITHOUT getting into any game at all.

When i leave a game i never get banned.

Sometimes when there is a failed host migration and it tosses everyone back into the lobby i will get banned IF i leave that lobby.
#40seankimberley42Posted 12/10/2012 4:04:21 PM
dueric posted...
fatclemenza posted...
Have you ever dashboarded or been dashboard disconnected by someone else in the past?

I'm talking all the way back to launch?

Oh I have plenty of hosts dashboard me for sure. I've turned the system off mid match out of rage as well a bunch of times if you count that as me dashboarding lol

See. I think what the update did was make everything cumulative from launch.

It seems there is no "grace period". Meaning even not quitting for a certain amount of time isn't clearing your record, so to speak.

So basically what's happening, if people aren't flat out lying, is the bans are adding up. So now people are getting them for seemingly no reason and tying them to simple things like leaving lobbies and s***. When in fact they are getting them for past actions.

From my tests I can only assume that simply leaving games is not a factor. I have a 0.50 WL as my reference. LOL

I don't think it's cumulative since my record is roughly the same (0.50) since launch from leaving games. I should state I play alone usually and will automatically leave any game in progress where the team I joined is getting destroyed. My theory is that the algorithm being used to decide who gets banned is flawed. I don't dashboard but I leave so many games I should have been hit with the ban at least once by now.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice