So why play Dom if you aren't going to even try and capture a flag?

#1DougyBPosted 12/11/2012 1:34:51 PM
It really kinda pisses me off.

It's like people are allergic to the flags, especially B, which nobody seems to want to take ever. I'm the only idiot diving onto that thing and even with smokes, flak, etc it's really difficult to take or even maintain by yourself.

Why does this keep happening almost every game? I think I'm going to have to find a new game mode to play.
---
b
#2Lunacy182Posted 12/11/2012 1:36:20 PM
Because when people dive onto the flag with smoke, flak, etc it's really difficult to take.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#3spindler01Posted 12/11/2012 1:38:34 PM
Yeah, if everyone did that you'd never take it. I used to be the jump on with smoke and flak jacket but it's more useful to your team to, say, earn a lightning strike, strike all the routes from their base to B (i.e. the ramps in meltdown) and then jump on as they all try and run back to defend
#4DougyB(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 1:47:05 PM
spindler01 posted...
Yeah, if everyone did that you'd never take it. I used to be the jump on with smoke and flak jacket but it's more useful to your team to, say, earn a lightning strike, strike all the routes from their base to B (i.e. the ramps in meltdown) and then jump on as they all try and run back to defend

Yeah, I'm not implying that I smoke and dive on every flag. What I'm saying is it seems to be only me trying to actually take B, regardless of how I take it.
---
b
#5Pac_DanPosted 12/11/2012 1:51:33 PM
Because bad players want to pad their K/D.
---
These men have a supreme vow of celibacy, like their fathers, and their fathers before them....
#6DerwoodPosted 12/11/2012 1:55:12 PM
I played a match on Nuketown last night where 3 out of 6 players on my team had 0 captures.

That means they didn't even take the 2 easy "spawn flags" at the start of each round
---
PSN: ZipCity
Gamertag: LightSetDesign
#7darkshadowmasterPosted 12/11/2012 1:57:59 PM
Pac_Dan posted...
Because players want to pad their K/D.

---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#8Lunacy182Posted 12/11/2012 2:01:00 PM
Derwood posted...
I played a match on Nuketown last night where 3 out of 6 players on my team had 0 captures.

That means they didn't even take the 2 easy "spawn flags" at the start of each round

I never take the spawn flags. Helps me get a good vantage point on the other team as the head to b.

And also I've had many games where I never got one capture point. Defending is part of the game too.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#9gspot0909Posted 12/11/2012 2:01:52 PM
DougyB posted...
It really kinda pisses me off.

It's like people are allergic to the flags, especially B, which nobody seems to want to take ever. I'm the only idiot diving onto that thing and even with smokes, flak, etc it's really difficult to take or even maintain by yourself.

Why does this keep happening almost every game? I think I'm going to have to find a new game mode to play.

I agree with you OP. My buddy and I used to only play Dom, but we found that no one actually plays it the way it should be played. A lot of people just run around like its team death match. Its brutal. I can commiserate with you.
---
So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin'/ Help him with his load/ And don't go mistaking Paradise/ For that home across the road. - Bob Dylan
#10forgotten0285Posted 12/11/2012 2:04:52 PM
Pac_Dan posted...
Because bad players want to pad their K/D.

---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.