Why are shotgun users so frowned upon?

#1nightmaresabinPosted 12/11/2012 11:15:47 PM
I'm trying to get Diamond camo on the shotguns. So I'm in a room, playing Team Deathmatch and using the S12. I end up going 30-12. Note: This is not bragging. It was probably the only time I've ever gotten 30 kills. I think I went something like 13-17 and 13-14 the next couple matches. Anyways, so after the match some players in the lobby are like "Feel better about yourself? Real skill running around with a 1 hit kill weapon." (which is funny because I was using the S12 and it's usually more like a 4 hit kill weapon)

It just rubs me the wrong way. Why are people so against Shotgun users? I'm sorry if it's my preferred playstyle. I just enjoy moving around the map. I'm a terrible sniper and can't stand using assaults and just camping up in windows. It's not even as if shotguns are overpowered. They are literally only useful in close quarters. If me and enemy spot eachother from 40 feet away, guess who dies. It's ridiculous that the KSG's slugs even disappear at a certain distance.

So what do you make of this? Is there a legitimate complaint to be had of Shotgun users? Anything overpowered about shotguns? Or do people just get butthurt because they dislike shotgun users ruining their sniping?
---
"L-block's chances of winning are 0. Thus he has no chance." -red13n
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 12/11/2012 11:17:12 PM
rule #1 of cod: if it kills you it's op
---
'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.
#3Swan3624Posted 12/11/2012 11:17:41 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
rule #1 of cod: if it kills you it's op

---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#4NInjaZiruPosted 12/11/2012 11:18:44 PM
The majority of CoD players are immature and can't manage their anger and/or get upset way too easily.
---
Robert_____Maze:
What? No. There has never been a decent military stratergy in history that has ended with "And then we shoot it with our lazor."
#5HeartlessCharmsPosted 12/11/2012 11:19:10 PM
Because shotguns are incredibly easy to use.
---
Why are you comparing this to a game that came out on gamecube?? -GoogleMeBaby in regards to Super Smash Bros 64
#6DraconilianPosted 12/11/2012 11:19:24 PM
BO2 is 30% corners 30% flanking 30% close range, and 10% mid range.

Shotguns excel in 90% of situations because they are one hit kill weapons.
Nobody likes getting one hit killed. It feels like you didn't even get a chance (and you probably didn't)

Shotgunners are always the thing that ruins my killstreaks. I have no hatred for you though. I hate Treyarch for making the maps so cramped.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#7Halo_ForeverPosted 12/11/2012 11:23:39 PM
In this one my main beef is that because of lag comp I don't have the same shotguns as everyone else, my R870 will get two hitmarkers before killing anything from 3 meters with center of mass ADS shots while everyone else can kill me out of a headglitch spot with a hipfire shot from 10 meters.

Thus I don't hate the shotguns or the shotgun users just the goddamned lag/lag comp.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#8FantasyHerbPosted 12/11/2012 11:25:21 PM
nightmaresabin posted...

So what do you make of this? Is there a legitimate complaint to be had of Shotgun users? Anything overpowered about shotguns? Or do people just get butthurt because they dislike shotgun users ruining their sniping?

This. Shotguns are not op people just whine when they die in cod. It never ends. My team has a uav/vsat up and I see a red dot running towards my location. I decide to let him come to me while setting up behind cover, I kill him and move on. I get called a camper. I used the ksg today since I just unlocked it and got 2 hate mails calling me trash. When I use a pistol only class I get called a tryhard, or get 'threats' from people that they will report me because I use a modded controller. I guess the only thing I should do is stand in the open with my knife out, and let everyone kill me. I still might get called out on it since I have a weapon equipped.
---
You keep looking, but you can't find the woods
While you're hiding in the trees
#9MegaTape13Posted 12/11/2012 11:33:43 PM
Draconilian posted...
BO2 is 30% corners 30% flanking 30% close range, and 10% mid range.

Shotguns excel in 90% of situations because they are one hit kill weapons.
Nobody likes getting one hit killed. It feels like you didn't even get a chance (and you probably didn't)

Shotgunners are always the thing that ruins my killstreaks. I have no hatred for you though. I hate Treyarch for making the maps so cramped.

This seem fairly true.
I'd probably somewhat bitter about shotguns too if I wasn't already being insta-killed by all of the other weapons.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#10ICantNameGudPosted 12/11/2012 11:41:59 PM
Lol I saw a whole team of SMG user crying because the final kill was our team with someone double killing them with a silenced remmy. I proudly shotgun, love hearing people freak out getting "swiped" with the M1216 or headshottes at a sniper window with the KSG. **** 'em if they crying, variation makes the game fun.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home