Why are shotgun users so frowned upon?

#21lolcharizardPosted 12/12/2012 12:07:05 AM
One shot to kill is hardly an argument against the shotguns seeing how only two out of the five shotguns can kill in one shot reliably.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#22Admiral_XyesPosted 12/12/2012 12:10:10 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
rule #1 of cod: if it kills you it's op

I was leveling my shotguns for diamond and I kept targetting this one particular camper. He would hide upstairs in Standoff with betties and shock charges littered on the stairs. I would run through them all and stand next to him and shoot him for a free one-shot kill.

"Oh my god shotgun ******. So cheap*

Meanwhile I was enjoying the delicious tears.

Seriously though, there is so much hate, that you might as well turn it into satisfaction and smile everytime you make someone rage.
#23SnakeEyes170Posted 12/12/2012 12:11:12 AM
it's just generic FPS trash talk

"you're a little ***** with your _____ you ****ing ******, why don't you use a real gun like the _____ instead of the overpowered ass ______"

blank 1: the gun you're using
blank 2: the gun they're using
blank 3: the gun you're using
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#24fringy123Posted 12/12/2012 12:33:55 AM
the fact that i always play chaos moshpit makes this a problem. shotguns take no skill and thats why they are terrible. people play gamemodes like headquaters or hardpoint and camp it out with a shotgun. how the hell am i supposed to take out a shotgun from point blank range with an smg when the shotguns are so effective up to 10 metres. the new patch makes it worse. the lag also makes shotguns a problem because lag doesn't affect someone who shoots once from the hip and kills you straight away
#25eddiethemcPosted 12/12/2012 12:54:53 AM
fringy123 posted...
the fact that i always play chaos moshpit makes this a problem. shotguns take no skill and thats why they are terrible. people play gamemodes like headquaters or hardpoint and camp it out with a shotgun. how the hell am i supposed to take out a shotgun from point blank range with an smg when the shotguns are so effective up to 10 metres. the new patch makes it worse. the lag also makes shotguns a problem because lag doesn't affect someone who shoots once from the hip and kills you straight away

It does, you just don't notice because it never registers that they're shooting at you, but they are... they are.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#26GamingAntPosted 12/12/2012 12:58:58 AM
fringy123 posted...
shotguns take no skill and thats why they are terrible.

So basically they are like every other gun in the game?
---
Bobcats 2013 NBA Champs. Dynasty Incoming.
#27SmakratPosted 12/12/2012 2:48:37 AM
It's because we upset them when they are so close to their scorestreak :)
#28SinCityKidPosted 12/12/2012 4:29:54 AM
It's fun beating laser smg's at their own game.