13 day ban for offensive emblems

#171DrFeelgood1984Posted 12/12/2012 6:08:06 PM
As stupid as it is for everyone to draw dolphins skeeting everywhere, that is a really harsh penalty. Did Treyarch consult Roger Goodell or something? You bought the game and they included an emblem editor knowing full well that their target audience is going to draw inappropriate things with it. Honestly, I think an emblem editor ban would be more appropriate. Delete the offensive emblem and prohibit that player from creating emblems for whatever timespan is deemed appropriate. You should still be allowed to play the game you paid $60 for.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#172DawgwoodPosted 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
As stupid as it is for everyone to draw dolphins skeeting everywhere, that is a really harsh penalty. Did Treyarch consult Roger Goodell or something? You bought the game and they included an emblem editor knowing full well that their target audience is going to draw inappropriate things with it. Honestly, I think an emblem editor ban would be more appropriate. Delete the offensive emblem and prohibit that player from creating emblems for whatever timespan is deemed appropriate. You should still be allowed to play the game you paid $60 for.

They can still play campaign and local combat training. They knew what they were doing when they made their goofy little emblems, serves them right.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#173veggie530Posted 12/12/2012 6:19:07 PM
oh ho ho yes allow me to report people with nazi emblems even more
#174DigitalIncisionPosted 12/12/2012 6:35:17 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
Why removing emblems is the only winning move:

"Haw haw haw....I'm gonna make a dong emblem...even though I know this is very much frowned upon, and I could be disciplined...haw haw!!!"

vs.

"Wee...running around with an assault rifle...killing everyone I see sure is fun! Wow!! Look at the blood splatter off of that guy I just shot with a rocket launcher!! WHAAAA???? An emblem of a dong???? I'M OFFENDED!!!!"

On one side you have goofballs who just want to annoy people...on the other you have weaklings who lack the ability to just ignore foolishness that goes HAND IN HAND with the internet.

Doesn't matter, against the rules.
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.
#175ish0turfac3Posted 12/12/2012 7:20:57 PM
You idiots do realize that treyarch has the right to monitor and do what they want to said user who abused their emblem creator right?

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech.. idiots.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#176thebatzPosted 12/12/2012 7:24:54 PM
I'm doing my part reporting them.
when I paid $59.99 for a game, it wasn't to be killed by someone with a penis or swastika in their emblem.
---
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/dnno1/Christmas/darkseid-vs-santa-2.jpg
#177Aether KnightPosted 12/12/2012 7:25:39 PM
You know I'm wondering to what degree do they ban certain pictures of genitalia?. Like say for instance i make a rough sketchy outline of an "offensive penis" am I still subjected to the same punishment as someone who spent time designing a penis making sure to get all the flesh tones, shape etc. just right. At some point you should stop and think "Well I am offended by this penis emblem, but damn that is some fine work"...

Oh and those "You draw penises, so you must me gay" comments are hilarious. Seriously, Its there for shock value more than anything. Besides, what if who is drawing them is a female, eh? (unlikely..sure...but ya never know...)
---
erutangis siht gnidaer yb efil ym fo sdnoces detsaw tsuj I
#178Majora1988Posted 12/12/2012 7:26:57 PM
You know I'm wondering to what degree do they ban certain pictures of genitalia?. Like say for instance i make a rough sketchy outline of an "offensive penis" am I still subjected to the same punishment as someone who spent time designing a penis making sure to get all the flesh tones, shape etc. just right. At some point you should stop and think "Well I am offended by this penis emblem, but damn that is some fine work"...

Oh and those "You draw penises, so you must me gay" comments are hilarious. Seriously, Its there for shock value more than anything. Besides, what if who is drawing them is a female, eh? (unlikely..sure...but ya never know...)

Nothing says shock and edgy like dicks. I'm sure everyone in Mrs. Henderson's homeroom was really impressed by it.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#179MidgardDragon99Posted 12/12/2012 8:22:17 PM
lulz, stupidest thread on the front page yet.

Note: this isn't the government, it's a private business. You have no guarantee of free speech with them, they can choose to refuse you service for any reason. If they don't want offensive content, then that's that, end of story, you got banned for breaking their rules. Next time quit worrying so much about showing off your penis drawing skills and just play the awful game.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#180ZukkusPosted 12/12/2012 8:26:08 PM
The Soviet Union came with great features like informing on your neighbors.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss