13 day ban for offensive emblems

#191AirRawr_Posted 12/13/2012 4:37:21 AM
People reporting emblems on a rated M game, no wonder they made Blops 2 so terrible..

They knew a bunch of 10 year old butt hurt try hards were going to be playing it..

Reporting an emblem is like being a hall monitor in high school, only the douches ratted you out..

online is not rated

brah
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#192rx7187Posted 12/13/2012 4:46:34 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
Activision has every right to suspend for what they deem "offensive" but wow some of you sound like such uptight jerks. why do you care if people are being "immature"? pretty sad that you get offended by stupid crap and then take the effort to report it. why not just grow a pair and move on?

Uhh why should we have to look at offensive crap on a video game? Ban the lot of them for good.
#193Gawl9427Posted 12/13/2012 5:44:12 AM
ha
ha
---
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz | 8GB DDR3 Kingston | 2x6950 2GB Unlocked | ASRock 970 Extreme4 | 650w XFX XXX Edition | Kuhler H20 620 |
Gamertag: Kether
#194Net SharkPosted 12/13/2012 6:02:07 AM
GOOD!!!!!! Really though I thought you just loose your emblem for a bit. There are lots of people with blank emblems on their player card.
---
Kid spelled backwards describes you best!!
#195DarxidePosted 12/13/2012 6:22:56 AM
Velvet_Llama posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Cecil255 posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
OK, lots of people still seem to have a hard time grasping why there's really nothing wrong with 3arc ****slapping you with suspensions for offensive emblems. Yes you paid for the game, yes most of you live in countries with legal protections of free speech. Neither one of those is relevant due to the ToS, as many in this thread have pointed out.

Think about it another way. Say you go to eat at a restaurant. You pay for your dinner, but while you're eating you start screaming racial slurs at the family eating at the table next to you. You're irritating and offending the other paying customers, diminishing their enjoyment of their meals. Would any of you be surprised if the management of the restaurant threw you out and told you never to come back? Because that's what's happening here, you're acting a fool, bothering other people, and the management is telling you to leave.

Nope.
Bad analogy.

Why? Help me to understand.

It's a bad analogy because Activision isn't banning kids who are yelling racial slurs in the pre-game lobby, and generally being disruptive during the actual game. That behavior diminishes the enjoyment of the game far more than an emblem.

A better analogy would be if you were in a restaurant wearing a T-shirt with a nazi dolphin shooting semen out of a dick shaped smg onto a woman's backside on it, but that's all you were doing. Would the management throw you out? Maybe, but they would likely ask you if you could change your shirt.
#196DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/13/2012 6:30:47 AM
rx7187 posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
Activision has every right to suspend for what they deem "offensive" but wow some of you sound like such uptight jerks. why do you care if people are being "immature"? pretty sad that you get offended by stupid crap and then take the effort to report it. why not just grow a pair and move on?

Uhh why should we have to look at offensive crap on a video game? Ban the lot of them for good.

maybe the violence in the game is offensive and it needs a federal ban. I'm sick of all the crybaby victims being offended by everything
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#197KANB1EPosted 12/13/2012 6:33:16 AM
Cap1211 posted...
I just got a 13 day ban for having an offensive emblem.
I thought it would only be like a 1 day ban, but it was 13 days.

Lulz yes. Run with an emblem that screams "I'm a douchebag", get banned. For about two weeks. Fantastic! Best new feature in BO2!
#198Gritzblitz56Posted 12/13/2012 6:47:38 AM
Dongs and swastikas dont offend me. They bore me. If you want to be edgy and offensive, try harder and be more original and funny with it.

Consider it a 13 day unoriginality ban if that makes you feel any better.
---
GT: Gritzblitz56
#199Net SharkPosted 12/13/2012 6:50:23 AM
I may make one that says Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays. Is that offensive? Where do you draw the line?
---
Kid spelled backwards describes you best!!
#200DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/13/2012 6:52:18 AM
Net Shark posted...
I may make one that says Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays. Is that offensive? Where do you draw the line?

exactly, some people might be offfffenddddeeddd by that. I'm just as offended by a hammer and sickle as I am by a swastika, why is that OK?
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron