13 day ban for offensive emblems

#211JJroootPosted 12/13/2012 9:38:48 AM
FINALLY!!!

About time these immature people get whats coming to them.
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#212DigitalIncisionPosted 12/13/2012 9:39:40 AM
Don't wanna read this whole topic but is it confirmed that actual bans are being handed out (temporary) for gameplay, or is it just loss of emblem privileges?
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.
#213Tube_of_NoobPosted 12/13/2012 9:58:23 AM
I understand why people report racial things, and I also understand why you report dumb things like dolphins sodomizing random objects. But some stuff I dont understand if its edgy but funny why would you report that. I think what it boils down to is maybe that guy got the best of you in game and thats how you punish them.

Its this reason that I started reporting every dbz and pokemon emblem I see. Those douches are the ones who are offended by boobies and report them. You should NEVER report boobies.
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#214GRTooCoolPosted 12/13/2012 10:02:11 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
GRTooCool posted...
AirRawr_ posted...
lol people are really mad you cant have a dick emblem

its amazing.. I hope the world does end Dec 21st.

Would be cool if only morons died on that day. Earth would be so much better.

*Imagines a guy making a dick emblem. Clock strikes midnight, and he drops dead.*

I wish people that complain about DLC would all drop dead

I wish people that support it would drop dead too, oh wait. They're too busy dropping their pants and bending over. You win.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#215DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/13/2012 11:19:38 AM
GRTooCool posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
GRTooCool posted...
AirRawr_ posted...
lol people are really mad you cant have a dick emblem

its amazing.. I hope the world does end Dec 21st.

Would be cool if only morons died on that day. Earth would be so much better.

*Imagines a guy making a dick emblem. Clock strikes midnight, and he drops dead.*

I wish people that complain about DLC would all drop dead

I wish people that support it would drop dead too, oh wait. They're too busy dropping their pants and bending over. You win.

stop being such a cheapskate
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#216Velvet_LlamaPosted 12/13/2012 1:43:02 PM
Darxide posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
Mander1861 posted...
Cecil255 posted...
Velvet_Llama posted...
OK, lots of people still seem to have a hard time grasping why there's really nothing wrong with 3arc ****slapping you with suspensions for offensive emblems. Yes you paid for the game, yes most of you live in countries with legal protections of free speech. Neither one of those is relevant due to the ToS, as many in this thread have pointed out.

Think about it another way. Say you go to eat at a restaurant. You pay for your dinner, but while you're eating you start screaming racial slurs at the family eating at the table next to you. You're irritating and offending the other paying customers, diminishing their enjoyment of their meals. Would any of you be surprised if the management of the restaurant threw you out and told you never to come back? Because that's what's happening here, you're acting a fool, bothering other people, and the management is telling you to leave.

Nope.
Bad analogy.

Why? Help me to understand.

It's a bad analogy because Activision isn't banning kids who are yelling racial slurs in the pre-game lobby, and generally being disruptive during the actual game. That behavior diminishes the enjoyment of the game far more than an emblem.

A better analogy would be if you were in a restaurant wearing a T-shirt with a nazi dolphin shooting semen out of a dick shaped smg onto a woman's backside on it, but that's all you were doing. Would the management throw you out? Maybe, but they would likely ask you if you could change your shirt.

I already came up with the t-shirt example in a post subsequent to the one you quoted. And yes, you'd get thrown out. At the very least, as you noted, you'd be given the option of changing your shirt or leaving. So maybe 3arc should give a warning first, but the subject being discussed here isn't how 3arc should punish but whether they should or should not punish.

I'd also add that the added work of having to keep track of whether or not players have changed offensive emblems to something non offensive after being warned is kind of unreasonable. A brief ban, such as the 13 day ban seems to be a nice balance because it provides a strong sanction to first time offenders without resorting to a permanent ban.
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#217DarxidePosted 12/13/2012 2:15:07 PM
I'm just saying, you can yell the n-word as loud as you can on constant repeat in the lobby and during the game and Activision will do nothing, yet, a swastika earns you a two-week ban.

Something's wrong there.
#218Cat AstrophyPosted 12/14/2012 3:06:16 AM
Darxide posted...
I'm just saying, you can yell the n-word as loud as you can on constant repeat in the lobby and during the game and Activision will do nothing, yet, a swastika earns you a two-week ban.

Something's wrong there.

because they can't/don't log voice data..that would be mad expensive
#219billableskillsPosted 12/14/2012 3:09:23 AM
Just in time for 2X XP weekend!
WTG!
---
XBOX 360 Gamertag = o CYB0RG o
#220blacklabelicePosted 12/14/2012 3:15:47 AM
its probably just a 13 day ban from using the emblem editor

no need to get so worked up over it. im sure youre going to see alot more dick. especially with christmas just around the corner