13 day ban for offensive emblems

#61CyhortI82Posted 12/12/2012 1:01:27 PM
Awesome. Great to see them taking it so seriously. Maybe it'll make people think twice before being d-bags.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#62Superman070776Posted 12/12/2012 1:01:38 PM
Cap1211 posted...
Yeah it is pretty harsh considering I am locked out of playing a game I payed 60 dollars for.

Reporting people for offensive emblems is offensive. This is America, where you are free to shock and disgust your fellow Americans with graphic depictions of the female anatomy.

All emblem reporters should be forced to permanently play as the Chinese, who in the future 2025 have Freedom Liquidation Squadrons dispatched to eliminate citizens found in possession of prohibited materials.

You have the right to be offensive, and we have the right to report it so you can be banned. You paid $60 for a Mature game, so act that way.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#63BobReillPosted 12/12/2012 1:01:56 PM
ITT
people breaking the rules that they agreed to not break and crying about being punished.

The problem is most peoples inflated sense of self. You think that as long as you are OK with it, that everyone else should just get over it, or not complain about it, not bothering to think that what you are doing is affecting other people. You think that the rest of society should bend to your will and be adjusted to your liking instead of you adjusting to societies needs. Its really just ignorance on its most basic level.
#64detfed91Posted 12/12/2012 1:02:45 PM
What was your emblem of anyways?
#65DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/12/2012 1:04:57 PM
Superman070776 posted...
Cap1211 posted...
Yeah it is pretty harsh considering I am locked out of playing a game I payed 60 dollars for.

Reporting people for offensive emblems is offensive. This is America, where you are free to shock and disgust your fellow Americans with graphic depictions of the female anatomy.

All emblem reporters should be forced to permanently play as the Chinese, who in the future 2025 have Freedom Liquidation Squadrons dispatched to eliminate citizens found in possession of prohibited materials.

You have the right to be offensive, and we have the right to report it so you can be banned. You paid $60 for a Mature game, so act that way.

Anyone who reports has no sack
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#66Superman070776Posted 12/12/2012 1:07:36 PM
I report, and I have four kids...so I have plenty of sack. Act mature, or go play Spongebob games. We don't need children cluttering up the game with stupid emblems. Maybe you want to see men's genitalia, but the rest of us don't.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#67BobReillPosted 12/12/2012 1:11:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#68NidtendofreakPosted 12/12/2012 1:15:01 PM(edited)
In a blown out analogy, it's like walking into Burger King spewing vulgarities and hateful speech at everyone you see and getting riled up because management made you leave. Sure, it's a free country, but privately owned establishments and content have the right to limit what you can and can't do.

Funny enough, I had nearly exactly this happen in a Burger King back when I was living in Texas. My family was eating in there with nobody else in the place. A black guy/African American/however you prefer to say it comes it, sits in the table right behinds us out of all of the tables, and begins to blast us with his MP3 player. What was playing was one of those few-but-still-existant black preachers who preach about how evil white people are. Got the management to tell him to either turn it off or get out.

Absolute freedom of speech only applies to public property. Once you enter private property or an online environment, the company that owns that particular building or area has completely control over what is and isn't allowed. When it becomes blatantly racist thats a bit of a grey area, but otherwise what they say goes.

More importantly, when you signed up to Xbox Live, you agreed to MS's rules. Their rules don't allow for vulgar images, and you agreed not to display them when you hit the "Agree" button. You signed away your rights to make such images on Xbox Live.

Also of importance is that Treyarch is bound to the ESRB ratings. The "online interactions are not rated" only applies to talking through mics, simply because you can't really control that, meaning that emblems and what are allowed to be shown as emblems are a part of the ESRB rating. If Treyarch wanted to allow genitals to be displayed, BO2 would have to be rated AO (Adults Only). That would kill their sales. How many stores do you know of that sell AO games? Not a whole lot. Because of that, even if Treyarch wanted to allow genitals to be displayed, they can't because of sales. Thus, they must crack down on such images harshly in order to keep their M rating.

Use your brains people: don't make the images. You already signed an agreement saying that you wouldn't make them, and Treyarch must punish you if you do.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#69manonfiyaPosted 12/12/2012 1:21:02 PM
BobReill posted...
ITT
people breaking the rules that they agreed to not break and crying about being punished.

The problem is most peoples inflated sense of self. You think that as long as you are OK with it, that everyone else should just get over it, or not complain about it, not bothering to think that what you are doing is affecting other people. You think that the rest of society should bend to your will and be adjusted to your liking instead of you adjusting to societies needs. Its really just ignorance on its most basic level.

This^
#70FreshSquillaPosted 12/12/2012 1:24:02 PM
BobReill posted...
ITT

How is the weather in Russia this time of year?
---
psn: AMERICAN_GRITS