Running high streaks is stupid, even if you can get them.

#1KryingKetchupPosted 12/13/2012 10:36:34 AM
Kill confirmed as an example. Lets face it, you don't get your high streaks every match.

For a generous average we'll say 1 in 4 matches of getting Lodestar, dogs, swarm.
Lodestar: 12 kills
Dogs: 15 kills
Swarm: 15 kills
Total: 42 kills.

Run UAV, Hunter Killer, Care-package. On average a good player should be able to get these 7 times per match. Average: 28 CP's, but I will factor in the loss of a package, and average it at 24. In those 24, I always land about 4 items AGR and above. Plus tons of lesser items that earn kills.

UAV: N/A
Hunter Killer: 22 kills
Kills From 24 Care Packages: 65
Total: 87 kills.

That is a little more than double the amount of kills from the high streaks. To have the high streaks come close, you would need a full chain in 2 out of 4 games, which the best players can rarely do. If you can get lodestar, dogs, swarm in half the matches you play, you're still earning 3 less kills.

More importantly, you aren't getting frustrated when you don't get them, your UAV's nearly up all game help the team and you to win. Even if they get shot down, 7 UAV's per match from 1 player is hard to combat. Plus the non-killing items from the package are also a huge help (guardians, counter UAV's). This score streak setup nets more kills consistently than anything else because of the frequency and ease of obtaining.

Tldr: In 4 matches, 42 kills from high streaks, but 87 kills from lower streak setups, plus you're helping yourself and the team with UAV's, and not getting frustrated at dying nearly as much. Only reason you would use high streaks should be if you're going for 100+ kills in a match.
#2supercoolisaacPosted 12/13/2012 10:38:41 AM
Except I do get my high streaks nearly every game. Nearly every game being 90%. Often times i'll get them 2-3 times. I didn't read past the second sentence because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#3fatclemenzaPosted 12/13/2012 10:39:48 AM
I use UAV/lighning/lodestar and I get the lodestar every few matches. I like getting big kill games. this topic sucks.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#4PharoahPelicanPosted 12/13/2012 10:40:07 AM
I use UAV, Counter UAV, and then something else. Right now Stealth Chopper, used to be Dragonfire. If I can get the UAV chances are I have the CUAV as well, and then with the bonuses from the two up at the same time it makes it easier to get the higher killstreak. I rarely get above around what a CUAV is worth in a single streak anyway so it works for me and when it pays off I win big.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#5forgotten0285Posted 12/13/2012 10:42:45 AM
what a **** topic.

I just made the change to higher scorestreaks and am enjoying great success with them.

how dare you undermine my achievements with this b***s*** a** topic.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#6BOSS52Posted 12/13/2012 10:45:01 AM
I play GW, so this guys topic is right as far as that game mode goes, it is the most efficient Scorestreak set up, period.

You want to boast about consistently getting those high KS's, let me run around in your game and let's see how many of those KS's you actually pull off.
#7LostOdyssey17Posted 12/13/2012 10:45:45 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Except I do get my high streaks nearly every game. Nearly every game being 90%. Often times i'll get them 2-3 times. I didn't read past the second sentence because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

lol no
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#8supercoolisaacPosted 12/13/2012 10:46:30 AM
BOSS52 posted...
I play GW, so this guys topic is right as far as that game mode goes, it is the most efficient Scorestreak set up, period.

You want to boast about consistently getting those high KS's, let me run around in your game and let's see how many of those KS's you actually pull off.

Go for it. Gt: supercoolisaac
---
#9supercoolisaacPosted 12/13/2012 10:46:53 AM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

lol no

You clearly have never played with me.
---
#10PharoahPelicanPosted 12/13/2012 10:47:40 AM
supercoolisaac posted...

I feel like getting Lodestar, VSAT, and Dogs once would be the hard part. After that you're basically set to keep getting them.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.