Why the **** do people keep picking Hijacked?!

#31Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/14/2012 9:03:07 AM(edited)
sonic_rockz posted...
Your name is Afghan Whig and you're calling people out on being kids and having ADD.

Haha, idiot, you don't even know what an Afghan Whig is

Hint: It has nothing to do with terrorists or Team America
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#32TimandEricPosted 12/14/2012 9:01:45 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Same reason people kept picking Nuketown & Dome. It's in your face frantic killing, there is no hiding.

^^This so much. Treyarch basically just gave in to all the Nuketown fanboys and tried to build this whole game around that type of map design and gameplay. The majority of casual/inexperienced CoD players just enjoy a map where they can A) huck up a random grenade and get a kill, and B) run around in circles with a shotty or SMG and never have to ADS.

Just like Nuketown and Dome, Hijacked is a map where any idiot can just run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and still get double digit kills. Apparently, that's the unfortunate trend that this series is moving toward.
#33belieberPosted 12/14/2012 9:04:52 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
Your name is Afghan Whig and you're calling people out on being kids and having ADD.

Haha, idiot, you don't even know what an Afghan Whig is

Hint: It has nothing to do with terrorists or Team America

what is an afghan whig?
---
twitter.com/meroloblornig
#34seankimberley42Posted 12/14/2012 9:04:56 AM
sonic_rockz posted...

He brings pertinent facts to support what he says and you insult his name. Good job.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#35MilordyPosted 12/14/2012 9:06:56 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Because http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg

I was incredibly tempted to post that but decided against it lol.

I'm on a boat!
---
[This administrator has been deleted by a signature]
#36GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/14/2012 9:11:12 AM
TimandEric posted...
Same reason people kept picking Nuketown & Dome. It's in your face frantic killing, there is no hiding.

^^This so much. Treyarch basically just gave in to all the Nuketown fanboys and tried to build this whole game around that type of map design and gameplay. The majority of casual/inexperienced CoD players just enjoy a map where they can A) huck up a random grenade and get a kill, and B) run around in circles with a shotty or SMG and never have to ADS.

Just like Nuketown and Dome, Hijacked is a map where any idiot can just run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and still get double digit kills. Apparently, that's the unfortunate trend that this series is moving toward.

You want large maps and players who employ strategy? Battlefield is that way. CoD has always been a twitchy, arcadey shooter. Things are what they are, and yet every year people act surprised.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#37darkshadowmasterPosted 12/14/2012 9:15:05 AM
GreatTroySensei posted...
TimandEric posted...

You want large maps and players who employ strategy? Battlefield is that way. CoD has always been a twitchy, arcadey shooter. Things are what they are, and yet every year people act surprised.

I think his beef with it is how they seem to be moving all maps towards that rather than mad that added a small CQC map.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#38Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/14/2012 9:17:33 AM
TimandEric posted...

What nonesense.

Yes, COD is an arcade twitch shooter. Previous CODs still had strategy and tactics. These past two cods have diminished intelligent play, BO2 more than ever
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#39GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/14/2012 9:20:12 AM
TimandEric posted...

I think his beef with it is how they seem to be moving all maps towards that rather than mad that added a small CQC map.

Yeah, because Yemen, Turbine and Aftermath are small maps that in no way encourage camping and puss play.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#40known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:25:55 AM
TimandEric posted...

Yeah, because Yemen, Turbine and Aftermath are small maps that in no way encourage camping and puss play.

First off, they are medium size maps compared to older CoD maps. In fact... Yemen would of been borderline small in some of the older games. Plus, LOL at you thinking a larger map encourages camping and puss play when you get that on the smaller maps as well. Hijacked encourages that greatly since you can literally sit and look at a spawn point and kill people out the spawn.
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323