Why the **** do people keep picking Hijacked?!

#41rowewheelesPosted 12/14/2012 10:30:53 AM
For the same reason everybody picks Slums; these maps generally lead to higher net XP gain than other maps because of the higher number of kills per player.
---
GT - BrownEyeBlew24
#42GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/14/2012 10:32:16 AM
known2FAIL posted...
First off, they are medium size maps compared to older CoD maps. In fact... Yemen would of been borderline small in some of the older games. Plus, LOL at you thinking a larger map encourages camping and puss play when you get that on the smaller maps as well. Hijacked encourages that greatly since you can literally sit and look at a spawn point and kill people out the spawn.

Medium compared to... what, Zoo and Discovery? God, I effing hated those two.

Hijack spawns seem tolerable on TDM. Granted, they switch all day which is redonk, but spawn camping in objectives modes isn't unique to Hijack, and it's not new to CoD.

The map itself is chaotic, but fun. Yemen's "Quick, everyone pick a window!" not so much.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#43TimandEricPosted 12/14/2012 10:44:19 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
TimandEric posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Same reason people kept picking Nuketown & Dome. It's in your face frantic killing, there is no hiding.

^^This so much. Treyarch basically just gave in to all the Nuketown fanboys and tried to build this whole game around that type of map design and gameplay. The majority of casual/inexperienced CoD players just enjoy a map where they can A) huck up a random grenade and get a kill, and B) run around in circles with a shotty or SMG and never have to ADS.

Just like Nuketown and Dome, Hijacked is a map where any idiot can just run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and still get double digit kills. Apparently, that's the unfortunate trend that this series is moving toward.

You want large maps and players who employ strategy? Battlefield is that way. CoD has always been a twitchy, arcadey shooter. Things are what they are, and yet every year people act surprised.

I think his beef with it is how they seem to be moving all maps towards that rather than mad that added a small CQC map.

Exactly, I don't mind that small, chaotic maps exist in this game. I would occasionally enjoy a map like Wetwork, Nuketown, etc. just to add some chaotic variety to the other medium and long range maps. It is however, a mistake to have every map inspired by this type of thinking.

You can thank the Nuketown obsessed fanboys for making the devs think that the majority want shoebox sized maps, and subsequently (starting with MW3) influencing the map design to the extent where we now have a game full of CQC clone maps. I don't wanna play Battlefield or Halo, I want to play Call of Duty. I would just like some variety in the maps...
#44ish0turfac3Posted 12/14/2012 10:46:06 AM
I hate the map even though though I usually win.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#45NidtendofreakPosted 12/14/2012 10:46:24 AM
known2FAIL posted...
First off, they are medium size maps compared to older CoD maps. In fact... Yemen would of been borderline small in some of the older games. Plus, LOL at you thinking a larger map encourages camping and puss play when you get that on the smaller maps as well. Hijacked encourages that greatly since you can literally sit and look at a spawn point and kill people out the spawn.

Hijack spawns seem tolerable on TDM. Granted, they switch all day which is redonk, but spawn camping in objectives modes isn't unique to Hijack, and it's not new to CoD.

The map itself is chaotic, but fun. Yemen's "Quick, everyone pick a window!" not so much.

Medium compared to most of WaW's maps, Wasteland, Derail, Estate, Afgan, Array...

The only map in this game that comes close to large is Turbine. Too bad it still mostly plays like a tiny map because there is so much junk everywhere. Basically take a small map, and then add an outside ring with a few higher points for sniping.

Camping on Yemen? You must have some terrible lobbies, its mostly RnG unless it's SnD when I play. There will be one or two guys who move around more slowly, but they're still moving from point to point normally. Heck, Yemen is my favorite map because the way its designed almost forces a quasi true medium sized map style of play that you would get from other CoDs. Almost works like Karachi from MW2: a few people who hover around certain areas, everyone else running from sight line to sight line.

Hijack on the other hand? I've had enemies literally spawn two steps behind me after I killed them. In regular TDM. On the front end of the boat I got behind a camper, killed him, then he spawned just around the corner in the very last piece of cover without a TI. What a joke of a map. It needs to be scrapped and redone. Widen it by a good 25%, get rid of all of the white headglitching posts around so many of the corners, expand the basement and actually put spawns in there, remove the middle hut, have the "outside" of the boat path be on both sides of the boat not just the jacuzzi side, widen the open areas of the up top sniping areas.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#46DepreceV2Posted 12/14/2012 10:46:36 AM
known2FAIL posted...

Tolerable on TDM? Lol wut? What other game mode do you play besides TDM? FFA? The spawns are horrible. They aren't tolerable at all. This is a video on Domination on Hijacked that JUST STARTED. Proves that Hijacked is a terrible map with HORRIBLE spawns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYi5IETGcpY
---
This is a message board. I don't care about my spelling or grammar on GFaqs. You don't like my grammar mistakes? Get over it.
#47known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 10:50:31 AM
known2FAIL posted...

I had no problem with Zoo or Discovery. The spawns weren't crap and you could actually flank effectively on those maps. Not like Hijacked where if you flank you will get shot in the back by the enemy that just spawned... or if you just sit down and camp you will STILL get shot in the back by the enemy that just spawn. It is a horrible map. Period. There is no way to defend it.
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#48Xian042Posted 12/14/2012 10:54:29 AM
I like it a lot. Raid is my favorite, but I can hang with Hijacked any time. I think the layout of the obstacles and interiors are more intuitive than whats picked up on first glance. Its good quick fun.
---
Ouch! What do you do?
#49WarchildPosted 12/14/2012 11:05:21 AM
Suspended?! I quit all the time, never been suspended.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#50NejiHyuga900Posted 12/14/2012 11:05:43 AM
Hijacked is an awesome map with terrible spawn points. I love small maps because you can get multiple kills easily and this map reminds me of Wetworks which was my favorite CoD4 map. Treyarch does need to fix the spawn points for Hijacked though by adding removing some spawn points on the deck and add some spawn points below the deck.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900