Why the **** do people keep picking Hijacked?!

#51buddhamonsterPosted 12/14/2012 10:09:06 AM
It's small, with narrow corridors that all funnel into a death zone in the middle.

In other words, it's easy to get a lot of kills in a short time with little effort.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#52BrostachePosted 12/14/2012 10:10:07 AM
Hijacked is the best map after Slums.

I like maps with the least amount of camp spots because i am good at fps games.
#53cbc72Posted 12/14/2012 10:35:34 AM
I have always said the most popular map ever would be an empty shipping container with a light in the middle and people just spawn and pull the trigger and hope for the best.
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#54aNiceLayPosted 12/14/2012 10:41:39 AM
Dome is circular so it's better than Nuketown and Hijacked.
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Currently Playing: Blops2, Skate3
#55cbc72Posted 12/14/2012 10:42:46 AM
TimandEric posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Same reason people kept picking Nuketown & Dome. It's in your face frantic killing, there is no hiding.

^^This so much. Treyarch basically just gave in to all the Nuketown fanboys and tried to build this whole game around that type of map design and gameplay. The majority of casual/inexperienced CoD players just enjoy a map where they can A) huck up a random grenade and get a kill, and B) run around in circles with a shotty or SMG and never have to ADS.

Just like Nuketown and Dome, Hijacked is a map where any idiot can just run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and still get double digit kills. Apparently, that's the unfortunate trend that this series is moving toward.

You basically have to play the game that way now.

I am far better with a shotgun just keeping on the move all the time than any other weapon or any other tactic.
---
Beast Mode!
#56UhOhJoePosted 12/14/2012 10:43:15 AM
It's the new Nuketown (If there wasn't Nuketown 2025).
---
http://i.imgur.com/YCgSb.jpg -by Four_Seasons
#57TimandEricPosted 12/14/2012 11:20:24 AM
cbc72 posted...
TimandEric posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Same reason people kept picking Nuketown & Dome. It's in your face frantic killing, there is no hiding.

^^This so much. Treyarch basically just gave in to all the Nuketown fanboys and tried to build this whole game around that type of map design and gameplay. The majority of casual/inexperienced CoD players just enjoy a map where they can A) huck up a random grenade and get a kill, and B) run around in circles with a shotty or SMG and never have to ADS.

Just like Nuketown and Dome, Hijacked is a map where any idiot can just run around like a chicken with its head cut off, and still get double digit kills. Apparently, that's the unfortunate trend that this series is moving toward.

You basically have to play the game that way now.

I am far better with a shotgun just keeping on the move all the time than any other weapon or any other tactic.

I agree, and that's why I'm arguing why the maps in the last two games have been terrible and have attributed to this problem. There are very few if any maps in this game where you are not constantly at "hip-fire kill distance" from a shotty or SMG. Call of Duty games up until MW3 didn't andshouldn't play that way.

Tiny, labyrinth like maps do not promote balanced combat, they just promote chaos and whoever gets "lucky". To me, it's just another intentional step by the developers towards their ultimate goal of "evening the playing field" by whatever means necessary.

It seems to me that they've basically just adopted the view of: "We need to appeal to the most people, so let's make this game so chaotic and random that everybody has relatively identical scores, so therefore no one will be too bad nor too good. Everyone is happy then right?"
#58MrArmageddon8Posted 12/14/2012 11:25:09 AM
Because people have really short attention spans and don't want to walk 20 more feet to find someone to shoot at. The smallest maps always tend to be the most popular.
#59coconutarmy1Posted 12/14/2012 11:35:32 AM
Only if it's Sonic '06 Sonic.
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.
#60cbc72Posted 12/14/2012 12:15:09 PM
MrArmageddon8 posted...
Because people have really short attention spans and don't want to walk 20 more feet to find someone to shoot at. The smallest maps always tend to be the most popular.

Yeah, and then a lot of the same people complain about bad spawns.

Brilliant!
---
Beast Mode!