Think I'm done with this game. This is even worse than MW3

#31Falcon XPosted 12/15/2012 12:17:32 AM
Haikou11 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Haikou11, why do you like this game? Whats better about it than other CODs?

Its not better than other CODs, except MW3. That imo was the worst COD by far. Support screwed it up even worse than the crap maps and the only guns anyone used were the msr and the mp7. The weapon proficiency was ok but I just didnt enjoy it at all. For some reason I enjoy this game, and no I have never been good at any call of duty, my highest KD is 1.2 in Black ops 1 for a while, and lowest was .79 or something in MW2. I love how prestige works in Black Ops 2, and I do see the lag compensation as a problem, it doesnt effect me much, it hurts high killstreak players a lot more than my kind. The guns are nice and I love earning camos and prestiging weapons.

This is a good post. While the maps are indeed poorly designed and the game has the worst netcode in CoD history, I will say that it has the best guns and Create a Class system out of any CoD by far. All of the guns are extremely balanced (yes, SMGs dominate, but that is due to map design) yet very different from each other, which is truly impressive. For example, Black Ops had very balanced ARs, but that's mainly because all of them were reskinned copies of each other. This game balanced the guns while making them each unique in some way. Also, I love the way leveling up your weapons works here. Much better than the points system from BO1. To be honest, I now find leveling up in past CoDs boring. It's a shame it took them so many iterations to develop such a good change. Now if only the game was actually fun to PLAY...
---
Blah.
#32duericPosted 12/15/2012 12:22:00 AM
I thought MW3 was the worst of the series.

However, in hindsight, it's a better than this game. Kind of. I mean, I could have fun with MW3 despite it's GLARING issues.

Every time I pop this game in, I just lose interest really fast. This game is just flat out boring. There's little to no satisfaction. There simply can't be in a game that determines your success rate before you even spawn in.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#33laidiesmann24Posted 12/15/2012 12:28:15 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
MG42_CHEF posted...
You are just receiving the bad end of the lag comp, most of the 'problems' are minor nuisances that are exacerbated via the lag.

Lag comp isn't the sole reason I hate this game

I'm losing fights to people with 1.30 kdrs

That just...well, it just didn't happen in other CODS. I wasn't challenged by players below 1.80 on average in other CODS

In this? People run around the corner, shoot me instantly with their 900 ROF gun, and move on

For one, kd is not or at least should not be the be all end all measure of skill. By saying you never lost a gunfight to people with 1.30 kd's(you couldnt even check peoples kd until BO unless you're talking about in match kds) just shows your head kind of big when it comes to COD. A person with a .90 kd can outshoot me for all i know. You know multiple people can play on one account....

That being said, I agree with most of what you said.
#34supercoolisaacPosted 12/15/2012 12:29:10 AM
I love this game.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#35Soul_On_DisplayPosted 12/15/2012 12:34:35 AM
I'm just going to repost what I mentioned earlier in a similar post about why BO2 is better than MW3.

"How is it not better? Besides the destructive game pace that makes combat random and lowers chances of survival and overall fun factor, and the lag issues, BO2 has done mostly everything else right.

Map size in this game could be seen as a problem, but if you manage to lower pace through some of the other existing options, it wouldn't be as bad as it is now (like adding respawn waves in objective games). MW3 had linear and small maps as well, which also brought upon the same kind of stupidly fast pace combined with lag issues to boot. Both the pace and the lag in MW3 might not be as bad as it is in BO2, but MW3 also has all the other mistakes it has made and continues to hold. Sitrep pro, being the biggest one, IMO. I honestly prefer the MW2 tubes over SRP."

Really, what people are truly reacting to is how the combat always happens to throw players in a position in which they cannot win, thus ending their streak very easily and abruptly. The constant lack of success means you can't do as well as you could in older CoD games, and I personally don't even blame the player. Anyone who says that people need to "get better" are really just being ignorant. BO2, from a technical standpoint, cannot be considered the worst. From a gun standpoint? Perhaps. I don't enjoy this game much simply because there will be a random event in the combat that will kill me beyond my control, simply because BO2 is just too much of a cluster f***. Technically, it is better than MW3, but I still had far more ease in getting massive streaks than I do in this game. That, TC, is the main reason why this game is often disliked.

I can't say I disagree.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#36Zero IXPosted 12/15/2012 12:49:14 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
I love this game.

---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#37RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/15/2012 12:57:28 AM(edited)
I like the smaller more arcade feel this COD presents. And not getting high scorestreaks is cool with me. Im so glad 3 choppers arent up in the air every 3rd game like they were in previous COD games. I like that it is a faster getting kill and being killed kinda game. I like that the faster feel and bit more chaoticness has cut down on camping. I like the fact that majority of the games its hard for people to run off kill streaks and call in a bunch of BS. The only thing wrong with this game imo is the lag. I think it is a well balanced game weapon wise. Both within each division and overall. Scorestreaks dont ruin the game and turn it into a sideshow FPS that isnt even about shooting each other like previous ones were. I love the variety of the maps. Fix lag and Id be happy as hell.

With that said BF3 still better and cant wait for aftermath to hit in a few days :)
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#38GreatKiraLordPosted 12/15/2012 1:03:22 AM
Haikou11 posted...
Nothing is worse than MW3.
#39MegaTape13Posted 12/15/2012 1:12:36 AM
I'm fairly underwhelmed by this game, and the common lag issues are frustrating for me. I can appreciate the sentiment behind a lot of the BO1 complaints now, even if I still disagree strongly.

Other than lag and perhaps the maps, I can't really find anything wrong with this game. I'm not sure why I don't like it more.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#40BossfellaPosted 12/15/2012 1:13:32 AM
The fact that ridiculous nonsense happens to everybody else, as well as myself, makes it much easier to stomach. Every time I know I shoot a guy first and I die, I know I'll do that exact same thing to somebody else.
---
Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back.