Would you rather have OP assault rifles?

#11Luminous_OnePosted 12/16/2012 10:48:05 AM
Erupt50 posted...
Nope, having smgs be the top class promotes moving around and therefore much more fun gameplay. ARs being dominant promotes camping/headglitching or "holding down an area" as some people like to call it.

I don't think its just the smgs that make a difference on this front. It is just part of a package that has led to this change.
#12Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 10:52:29 AM
Erupt50 posted...
Nope, having smgs be the top class promotes moving around and therefore much more fun gameplay. ARs being dominant promotes camping/headglitching or "holding down an area" as some people like to call it.

I Agree
#13fatclemenzaPosted 12/16/2012 10:55:50 AM
K, if that's what you need to tell yourself to feel better about sucking on the other 12 maps. lol

Nah, I'm still the best. ARs are just outclassed. Sorry to disappoint you.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#14chessmyantidrugPosted 12/16/2012 10:58:47 AM
That awkward moment when SMGs aren't overpowered ...
#15ManInBlack_77Posted 12/16/2012 10:59:39 AM
Erupt50 posted...

There is no such thing as "promoting camping". Campers camp, rushers rush, snipers snipe, etc, etc and they do not change period. People who camp in this game are the same people who have camped in every FPS and will camp I'm every one to come. No design change will ever alter that. The vast majority of .players have a particular style they like and that's what they do.

Only a tiny percentage of people actually alter their tactics as the situation changes. Most have their one preferred method and do not deviate. Design changes attempting to "discourage camping" are pointless and a waste of time.
---
Time magazine's Man of the Year in 2006! Really. Google it if you don't believe me.
#16Blunted247Posted 12/16/2012 11:09:20 AM
ManInBlack_77 posted...
Erupt50 posted...

There is no such thing as "promoting camping". Campers camp, rushers rush, snipers snipe, etc, etc and they do not change period. People who camp in this game are the same people who have camped in every FPS and will camp I'm every one to come. No design change will ever alter that. The vast majority of .players have a particular style they like and that's what they do.

Only a tiny percentage of people actually alter their tactics as the situation changes. Most have their one preferred method and do not deviate. Design changes attempting to "discourage camping" are pointless and a waste of time.

Give this man a cookie!
#17TheRisingSonPosted 12/16/2012 11:15:32 AM
I do best with ARs the way they are now. I can hit snipers from long range and SMG guys at mid range. They don't get close enough and when they do, quick hands switch to a handgun takes care of that.
#18geodANGERPosted 12/16/2012 1:21:12 PM
I rather have overpowered AR. In black ops the famas was my number one weapon .

I am not sure I like a balanced game anymore. I didn't like BF3 or MW3 after the type 95 patch at all

I like a weapon with an advantage.

Then I like using other weapons as a challenge but with out that awesome weapon to learn on it gets boring fast for me.
---
http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/geodanger25
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/geodanger25
#19fallenangemon0Posted 12/16/2012 1:25:50 PM
M16 in COD4 scenario?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUdge NO! I'll check my corners instead.
---
"When you get a hatemail in Call of Duty, you know you are doing something right."- FeelMyBlade
#20T_r_a_m_PPosted 12/16/2012 1:27:49 PM
Im actually alot better with ar's than smg's in this game, regardless of the map
---
Gamertag: BuSteD TramP
Ewgh thats gotta hurt!