We need an option to vote someone out of a lobby.

#1RazorSharp02Posted 12/17/2012 6:24:42 AM(edited)
I remember when I was playing Forza 4 online, at the end off each race everyone in the lobby was given the opportunity to vote 1 person they would like to see removed from the lobby. If you weren't racing clean or if you were not maintaining the level of performance the lobby wanted as a whole, you were out.

I would like to see something similar placed into CoD titles. We have all been a part of that objective game where 1 or more people refuse to play the objective and camp it up so they can improve or protect their k/d ratio. This is frustrating and drags the lobby down, ruining the integrity of the objective mode and drags down everyone's experience as a whole.

What do you think about the idea that at the end of each game each person was given a vote to remove 1 person from the lobby and if you received the most votes, or maybe if you receive over 50% of the overall vote, you're out. This wouldn't be a ban overall from online. You would just be removed from that particular lobby because other people didn't want to play with you anymore.

---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#2Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 6:29:04 AM
Full parties would just abuse it to vote out people that made them butthurt, either by words or just destroying them. If the vote was raised higher, people would just vote yes to go with the crowd. In World of Warcraft, they have a similar thing, and everyone ALWAYS votes yes no matter what so they don't ruffle feathers.
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/17/2012 6:31:03 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Full parties would just abuse it to vote out people that made them butthurt, either by words or just destroying them. If the vote was raised higher, people would just vote yes to go with the crowd. In World of Warcraft, they have a similar thing, and everyone ALWAYS votes yes no matter what so they don't ruffle feathers.

And...? Where's the problem?
#4RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 6:35:02 AM(edited)
Andrew_Ryann posted...

Maybe. But if you have 1 camper in an objective game like Dom who is not even trying to play the objective. But EVERYONE else is. I don't see the problem with the popular vote being to kick that person. Otherwise you have to leave yourself and end up in a potentially worse lobby. Which seems kind of backwards to me.

Remove the cancer. Not the healthy part. Yes there is potential to kick people for dominating. But guess what, if you're 46-12 and everyone else is 20-20 or so, the competitive integrity of the lobby is bad. If all the 20-20 people vote out the guy who is 46-12 the lobby will be more competitive for those who want to enjoy it.

I know it's not a perfect idea, buys its a lot better than the current set up for sure

---
KCCO & Mind the gap
#5BipBapBamPosted 12/17/2012 6:35:07 AM
No. It would be far too abused.
#6RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 6:36:21 AM
BipBapBam posted...

Define abuse? How is kicking a camper from Kill Confirmed who has 33 kills and 1 confirm abuse? If you're swearing and acting like an idiot and nobody likes you so they vote you out, how is that abuse? Please explain
---
KCCO & Mind the gap
#7PvtPorkSordPosted 12/17/2012 6:36:55 AM
. In World of Warcraft, they have a similar thing, and everyone ALWAYS votes yes no matter what so they don't ruffle feathers.

Ah yes. I'd get voted out because I was 1-2 lvl's lower than them even tho I would out DPS the team so I would aggro as much as possible to wipe them out. Good times.

I do agree we should be able to vote people out mid match if they're cheating/being a douch. I had 2 people body block me in a room for keeping a care package from the enemy after 1 of them died I killed the enemy and grabbed it. Would have loved to get them booted.
#8Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 6:37:15 AM
RazorSharp02 posted...
BipBapBam posted...

Define abuse? How is kicking a camper from Kill Confirmed who has 33 kills and 1 confirm abuse? If you're swearing and acting like an idiot and nobody likes you so they vote you out, how is that abuse? Please explain

"Hey butt buddies, I don't like this guys face, lets all vote him out"
"LOL OK"

That's how
#9RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 6:38:48 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...
BipBapBam posted...

"Hey butt buddies, I don't like this guys face, lets all vote him out"
"LOL OK"

That's how

That's a few and far between example. You're using the extremes for your argument. And a persons face isn't even visible. Please try again with a logical example.
---
KCCO & Mind the gap
#10forgotten0285Posted 12/17/2012 6:40:31 AM
this is a bad idea and it sucks. there is no way anything like this would ever be anything but annoying and time wasting for everyone.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.