We need an option to vote someone out of a lobby.

#41Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 8:52:48 AM
bigbug1992 posted...
rcommee posted...
Will someone please show the wookie some attention.

Me'thinks Wookie has earned quite a few ignores recently, for saying things people don't agree with.

Its just way too obvious of a troll bait, especially when he keeps spamming it. Its like saying "Why exactly was it bad that those kids were killed last week?". Subtlety works wonders if you're trolling
#42Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/17/2012 8:58:35 AM(edited)
Andrew_Ryann posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
rcommee posted...

Me'thinks Wookie has earned quite a few ignores recently, for saying things people don't agree with.

Its just way too obvious of a troll bait, especially when he keeps spamming it. Its like saying "Why exactly was it bad that those kids were killed last week?". Subtlety works wonders if you're trolling

Asking to explain why its unfair for the majority of a lobby to kick one person, is on par with asking why it's bad that CHILDREN were murdered at a school? And I'm the troll?
#43Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 9:07:55 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
bigbug1992 posted...
rcommee posted...

Asking to explain why its unfair for the majority of a lobby to kick one person, is on par with asking why it's bad that CHILDREN were murdered at a school? And I'm the troll?

Majority of lobby != party, which is what you were asking about. You're rephrasing it to make it sound better. The party chose to play together, the rest of the players didn't choose to play with them. On top of their opponents having the advantage of knowing each other and working together, now they have to be subjected to being kicked if they displease the party?

If everyone in the lobby is random, they'll choose whatever the first option is that's given to them to get it off the screen. If it's yes, then you have kicks that have no basis, and if its no, I doubt anyone will ever be kicked by the system.

There's a real response, although we all know that's not what you wanted.
#44darkshadowmasterPosted 12/17/2012 9:09:37 AM
I remember Wolfenstien on Xbox years ago had this ability.

It was abused to high hell. People would kick you for the sake of kicking you. Like others have said, when the kick was initiated people would just click yes for the hell of it.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#45nightphantom850Posted 12/17/2012 9:14:53 AM
RazorSharp02 posted...
I remember when I was playing Forza 4 online, at the end off each race everyone in the lobby was given the opportunity to vote 1 person they would like to see removed from the lobby. If you weren't racing clean or if you were not maintaining the level of performance the lobby wanted as a whole, you were out.

I would like to see something similar placed into CoD titles. We have all been a part of that objective game where 1 or more people refuse to play the objective and camp it up so they can improve or protect their k/d ratio. This is frustrating and drags the lobby down, ruining the integrity of the objective mode and drags down everyone's experience as a whole.

What do you think about the idea that at the end of each game each person was given a vote to remove 1 person from the lobby and if you received the most votes, or maybe if you receive over 50% of the overall vote, you're out. This wouldn't be a ban overall from online. You would just be removed from that particular lobby because other people didn't want to play with you anymore.

Usually there's more than one camper though so it would make so sense. Also I can see people voting the one giving the whoop ass usually the highest prestige etc.
---
NWalterstorf- "Splinter Cell will turn into a dead series if it doesn't clean up its act."
GT:nightphantom085
#46Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/17/2012 9:15:05 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...

Majority of lobby != party, which is what you were asking about. You're rephrasing it to make it sound better. The party chose to play together, the rest of the players didn't choose to play with them. On top of their opponents having the advantage of knowing each other and working together, now they have to be subjected to being kicked if they displease the party?

If everyone in the lobby is random, they'll choose whatever the first option is that's given to them to get it off the screen. If it's yes, then you have kicks that have no basis, and if its no, I doubt anyone will ever be kicked by the system.

So it's unfair because you believe they'd implement a system that didn't need the majority vote and because your psychic powers revealed to you that everyone will always vote a certain way no matter what? Just to clarify.
#47brandonk42Posted 12/17/2012 9:17:34 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I still don't see the problem with a party booting people from a lobby.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me judging from our conversation in another topic where you have been less then steller with logic.
#48Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 9:21:33 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

So it's unfair because you believe they'd implement a system that didn't need the majority vote and because your psychic powers revealed to you that everyone will always vote a certain way no matter what? Just to clarify.

Every single game I've played with this, people vote almost exclusively in this manner. Everyone else in the thread is also telling you this. What else do you want, a scientific study across every single game that has a vote kick telling you this too? Majority vote always picks the first option because the majority don't really care, they just want the annoying popup off their screen.
#49RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 9:23:39 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

Every single game I've played with this, people vote almost exclusively in this manner. Everyone else in the thread is also telling you this. What else do you want, a scientific study across every single game that has a vote kick telling you this too? Majority vote always picks the first option because the majority don't really care, they just want the annoying popup off their screen.

So don't make it a pop up. Similar to map voting. You don't HAVE to vote. It's an option?

Again I realize its not a realistic thing because so many are against it. Just for debates sake though. What would you say to that?
---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#50Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 9:25:59 AM
RazorSharp02 posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

So don't make it a pop up. Similar to map voting. You don't HAVE to vote. It's an option?

Again I realize its not a realistic thing because so many are against it. Just for debates sake though. What would you say to that?

The majority would never be reached by randoms; only full parties would cause it to pass. If the majority is based on who votes, it will always pass because only those that care will to vote at all. This isn't that hard to figure out.