We need an option to vote someone out of a lobby.

#51Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/17/2012 8:29:38 AM(edited)
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

Majority of lobby != party, which is what you were asking about. You're rephrasing it to make it sound better. The party chose to play together, the rest of the players didn't choose to play with them. On top of their opponents having the advantage of knowing each other and working together, now they have to be subjected to being kicked if they displease the party?

If everyone in the lobby is random, they'll choose whatever the first option is that's given to them to get it off the screen. If it's yes, then you have kicks that have no basis, and if its no, I doubt anyone will ever be kicked by the system.

There's a real response, although we all know that's not what you wanted.

So it's unfair because you believe they'd implement a system that didn't need the majority vote and because your psychic powers revealed to you that everyone will always vote a certain way no matter what? Just to clarify.

Every single game I've played with this, people vote almost exclusively in this manner. Everyone else in the thread is also telling you this. What else do you want, a scientific study across every single game that has a vote kick telling you this too? Majority vote always picks the first option because the majority don't really care, they just want the annoying popup off their screen.

It doesn't have to be a popup. It could be like....dammit I can't remember the game, I'll edit when I do, but you could vote to kick someone, and there was no popup, however, they DID get kicked if enough people did it.

If someone is annoying/griefing enough to where people will stop what they're doing and put in a vote, then it works without popups.

Edit: It was LFR in WoW. You went to someone's name, clicked "Vote to Kick" and it took a certain number of votes before there was a popup, so I was wrong about the "no pop up" thing. But that's pretty much what I was describing: having everyone have to pick the name themselves, no popup. And of course, there could/would be some kind of limit so people didn't vote kick everyone they wanted to.
#52Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 8:30:29 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
It doesn't have to be a popup. It could be like....dammit I can't remember the game, I'll edit when I do, but you could vote to kick someone, and there was no popup, however, they DID get kicked if enough people did it.

If someone is annoying/griefing enough to where people will stop what they're doing and put in a vote, then it works without popups.

Could work, but the number of votes it takes would be a real problem. Too low and parties dominate it, too high and I don't think it would ever pass, unless the person is literally the anti christ, and even then his own team probably doesn't care.
#53TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/17/2012 8:32:13 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Full parties would just abuse it to vote out people that made them butthurt, either by words or just destroying them. If the vote was raised higher, people would just vote yes to go with the crowd. In World of Warcraft, they have a similar thing, and everyone ALWAYS votes yes no matter what so they don't ruffle feathers.

They can just implement it like Counter Strike where only enough votes from members of the same team meant you would get kicked. The votes are anonymous so nobody would know who voted yes, no, or nothing at all. That was the first time I ever played a game with a vote to kick option and it felt so good to get rid of people who didn't want to contribute to winning.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#54RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 8:33:45 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Could work, but the number of votes it takes would be a real problem. Too low and parties dominate it, too high and I don't think it would ever pass, unless the person is literally the anti christ, and even then his own team probably doesn't care.

This would be the happy medium then right? No pop ups. It's an optional vote that requires say, 7 or 8 Votes to kick? Then if you're sound whoring or just being a bad team mate and also playing in a manner that extremely irritates the other team as well, enough to cause them to take the time to vote you out, it would work?
---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#55Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 8:35:03 AM
Ok since you played WoW, I'm sure you're familiar then with how it was abused in that game right?

"Hey everyone vote this guy out"
*Everyone votes*

I rarely ever saw anyone decline the invitation to vote someone out. All it took was a small suggestion to do so. Must be some psychological thing. And if you could get the popup to actually appear, that guys fate was sealed.
#56Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 8:38:08 AM
RazorSharp02 posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

This would be the happy medium then right? No pop ups. It's an optional vote that requires say, 7 or 8 Votes to kick? Then if you're sound whoring or just being a bad team mate and also playing in a manner that extremely irritates the other team as well, enough to cause them to take the time to vote you out, it would work?

Yeah I mean I think that would probably not cause any problems, but at the same time I sincerely doubt anyone would ever be voted out by it. Most people don't care how other people on their team play; as long as THEY'RE not the ones getting griefed, they won't care enough to vote. Just my opinion, since I personally don't care if someone on my team is camping. It only becomes a problem when they start doing it to me.
#57Wookie_Is_BackPosted 12/17/2012 8:40:52 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Ok since you played WoW, I'm sure you're familiar then with how it was abused in that game right?

*Everyone votes*

I rarely ever saw anyone decline the invitation to vote someone out. All it took was a small suggestion to do so. Must be some psychological thing. And if you could get the popup to actually appear, that guys fate was sealed.

Yes, full aware and so was Blizzard which led to changes on how often you could vote to kick, as well as the majority vote being 4 if you were in a party of 3. Most people just wanna fly through and get their points though, just like how most people just want to play the game. If an entire team is on Hijacked and they're spawn trapped, a quick vote and the game continues. Same goes for people that are up 2-0 in CTF and just hold the flag while slaying for more points.
#58TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/17/2012 8:40:59 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...

*Everyone votes*

Ok and I've experienced the same thing in Counter Strike but people still voted to keep the guy in or at least asked a reason why they should vote to kick him. What's with the anecdotal evidence in this topic?

After reading through the pages, I see why we always get more of the same "rehash" with CoD. People shoot down new ideas left and right because they're paranoid about the idea being "abused." I don't even think that word holds any weight in the same community that considers using your ears to hear enemy footsteps as abuse, aka "sound whoring."
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#59Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 8:48:35 AM(edited)
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

*Everyone votes*

Ok and I've experienced the same thing in Counter Strike but people still voted to keep the guy in or at least asked a reason why they should vote to kick him. What's with the anecdotal evidence in this topic?

After reading through the pages, I see why we always get more of the same "rehash" with CoD. People shoot down new ideas left and right because they're paranoid about the idea being "abused." I don't even think that word holds any weight in the same community that considers using your ears to hear enemy footsteps as abuse, aka "sound whoring."

If you can't see the difference between CS culture and CoD culture, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Edit: Also, this isn't a "new" idea. Plenty of games have implemented it. I'm not baselessly shooting it down; I've legitimately seen it fail hundreds of times more than it succeeds.
#60chem1calburnPosted 12/17/2012 8:54:47 AM
Voting to kick worked well in Socom, but I think that the communities these days, especially in Call of Duty, are generally too immature. It would definitely be abused.
---
I think, therefore I game.