We need an option to vote someone out of a lobby.

#61TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/17/2012 8:58:14 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Ok since you played WoW, I'm sure you're familiar then with how it was abused in that game right?

"Hey everyone vote this guy out"
*Everyone votes*

I rarely ever saw anyone decline the invitation to vote someone out. All it took was a small suggestion to do so. Must be some psychological thing. And if you could get the popup to actually appear, that guys fate was sealed.

Ok and I've experienced the same thing in Counter Strike but people still voted to keep the guy in or at least asked a reason why they should vote to kick him. What's with the anecdotal evidence in this topic?

After reading through the pages, I see why we always get more of the same "rehash" with CoD. People shoot down new ideas left and right because they're paranoid about the idea being "abused." I don't even think that word holds any weight in the same community that considers using your ears to hear enemy footsteps as abuse, aka "sound whoring."

If you can't see the difference between CS culture and CoD culture, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Edit: Also, this isn't a "new" idea. Plenty of games have implemented it. I'm not baselessly shooting it down; I've legitimately seen it fail hundreds of times more than it succeeds.

And I've seen it succeed more than it failed. In both CoD and CS I've seen people run around for kills instead of trying to win the game, so the quality of community arguments holds no water to me. Kids can be useless in matches and so can adults. Just like another poster said, I don't think the CoD community is as infested with immature people as posters here like to portray, nor do posters here usually acknowledge the fact that the immature players can be of any age.

If you're that paranoid about it being abused because you think most players are so weak minded that they would vote someone out just because a stranger online told them to, then why don't you apply that same logic to them playing to win instead of for their kdr when someone tells them to? I can't tell you how many times I yelled at someone to play the objective and they still did what they want, but all of a sudden they'll listen to me when I say kick someone? Come on now...
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#62Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 9:08:39 AM(edited)
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Ok since you played WoW, I'm sure you're familiar then with how it was abused in that game right?

*Everyone votes*

I rarely ever saw anyone decline the invitation to vote someone out. All it took was a small suggestion to do so. Must be some psychological thing. And if you could get the popup to actually appear, that guys fate was sealed.

Ok and I've experienced the same thing in Counter Strike but people still voted to keep the guy in or at least asked a reason why they should vote to kick him. What's with the anecdotal evidence in this topic?

After reading through the pages, I see why we always get more of the same "rehash" with CoD. People shoot down new ideas left and right because they're paranoid about the idea being "abused." I don't even think that word holds any weight in the same community that considers using your ears to hear enemy footsteps as abuse, aka "sound whoring."

If you can't see the difference between CS culture and CoD culture, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Edit: Also, this isn't a "new" idea. Plenty of games have implemented it. I'm not baselessly shooting it down; I've legitimately seen it fail hundreds of times more than it succeeds.

And I've seen it succeed more than it failed. In both CoD and CS I've seen people run around for kills instead of trying to win the game, so the quality of community arguments holds no water to me. Kids can be useless in matches and so can adults. Just like another poster said, I don't think the CoD community is as infested with immature people as posters here like to portray, nor do posters here usually acknowledge the fact that the immature players can be of any age.

If you're that paranoid about it being abused because you think most players are so weak minded that they would vote someone out just because a stranger online told them to, then why don't you apply that same logic to them playing to win instead of for their kdr when someone tells them to? I can't tell you how many times I yelled at someone to play the objective and they still did what they want, but all of a sudden they'll listen to me when I say kick someone? Come on now...

Playing the objective forces them to do something they obviously don't want to do, and also puts their KDR at risk, which they definitely don't want to do. Whether or not Joe Random gets kicked out, they really don't care one way or another, so if another person plants the idea in their head that they should do it, they generally will just go ahead and do it, usually the only reason being "lol we just got that guy kicked". It takes a whole lot less effort to press "vote kick" then it does to play the objective. I don't really think the effort and risk between the two is comparable.
#63RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 9:13:02 AM(edited)
Andrew_Ryann posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Andrew_Ryann posted...

*Everyone votes*

Playing the objective forces them to do something they obviously don't want to do, and also puts their KDR at risk, which they definitely don't want to do. Whether or not Joe Random gets kicked out, they really don't care one way or another, so if another person plants the idea in their head that they should do it, they generally will just go ahead and do it, usually the only reason being "lol we just got that guy kicked". It takes a whole lot less effort to press "vote kick" then it does to play the objective. I don't really think the effort between the two is comparable.

So if Joe Random doesn't want to play the objective then they should be removed from the game where the rest of us do want to. And if they don't care one way or the other if they do get kicked then why should we continue to put up with them in the lobby?

Their KDR is their problem. We want to play domination/SnD/KC or whatever and they want to play TDM in our lobby. One of these is not like the others.

---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#64TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/17/2012 9:13:43 AM
Well I guess the best thing to do to settle this is put it in the next game and see who the community acts with it to determine whether to keep it or not. No use in tossing around theories.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#65TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/17/2012 9:18:21 AM
Good point Razor, especially in the 2nd paragraph. It's like if Deight Howard wanted the best blocked shot record in Laker history so he purposely let's people take shots in hopes that he can block the shot and pad his numbers. The team would be pissed, the fans would be pissed, but hey he should be able to play however he wants. He's having fun and the coach shouldn't abuse his power by taking him out the game.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#66DOSFPosted 12/17/2012 9:21:18 AM
Voting system + CoD community = never a good thing.

See Black Ops before they patched in the limit to how many times one map can be played.
---
"I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU! Right after I get done rubbing my arse against this wall." - Arctic_Sunrise
#67Andrew_RyannPosted 12/17/2012 9:23:44 AM
RazorSharp02 posted...
So if Joe Random doesn't want to play the objective then they should be removed from the game where the rest of us do want to. And if they don't care one way or the other if they do get kicked then why should we continue to put up with them in the lobby?

Their KDR is their problem. We want to play domination/SnD/KC or whatever and they want to play TDM in our lobby. One of these is not like the others.

I said the rest of the lobby probably doesn't care that this guy is camping, not that he himself doesn't care that he gets kicked. Also you have to be careful here; how do you know this guy was camping hardcore the entire game? Because he has no caps? He may have been running ahead of the cap defending it the entire time (or attempting to). *You* may be skilled at the game enough to ascertain this, but I'm betting most people are not. A lot of people seem to think stopping for a single second is someone camping. Some people think its not camping unless they are in a dark corner. I just feel like its going to be abused a lot more than legitimately used.

If you want it in though, don't argue about it here; complain to Treyarch. They seem to love implementing community feedback, regardless of whether its actually a good idea. Their games seem to be more fan made than game designer made.
#68CyrusdarkfurPosted 12/17/2012 9:26:14 AM
I would say not to have a system in place for in the lobby between games based on what others have said about abusing it.
Now they should implement a system for voting to kick during the game for your teammates if a teammate is doing really bad. I get really tired of losing games because some scrub is -8 and worse, i would definitly want to remove them from the game to balance out the teams somehow.
#69aLmosT_bLinDPosted 12/17/2012 9:27:56 AM
a vote against your team only would be better. But this would ruin everything just people's match xp and their challenges earned. all kinds of factors would come in.
---
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.
#70RazorSharp02(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 9:32:02 AM(edited)
Andrew_Ryann posted...
RazorSharp02 posted...

I said the rest of the lobby probably doesn't care that this guy is camping, not that he himself doesn't care that he gets kicked. Also you have to be careful here; how do you know this guy was camping hardcore the entire game? Because he has no caps? He may have been running ahead of the cap defending it the entire time (or attempting to). *You* may be skilled at the game enough to ascertain this, but I'm betting most people are not. A lot of people seem to think stopping for a single second is someone camping. Some people think its not camping unless they are in a dark corner. I just feel like its going to be abused a lot more than legitimately used.

If you want it in though, don't argue about it here; complain to Treyarch. They seem to love implementing community feedback, regardless of whether its actually a good idea. Their games seem to be more fan made than game designer made.

I'm not saying I can tell either. I'm average AT BEST at this game. I won't lie about that. But say we are on Drone. And there's the alley off to the side of the left from where sniper hill is. And someone is camping there the whole match looking for rushers. That can be considered helpful by some and not by others depending on your POV. I get that. I mean in all reality, almost ANY kill in Dom is "beneficial" seeing as how when you respawn you now have to run all the way back and try again.

But let's looks at KC, 2 days ago I was in a lobby with a guy who averaged 3% confirms across the games. (Yes I was irritated enough to take the time to do the math). That guy should be booted but there were 4-5 randoms that were getting along well so we didn't want to leave. It works both ways.

And I agree Treyarch has the appearance of listening to the community too much. This could be a good or it could be a bad idea. And I don't go on their forum. I only come here, kinda one dimensional in that regard.

---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02