Lag Compensation is a Myth

#1NarutoTaioPosted 12/18/2012 12:03:38 AM
Do you believe in Lag Compensation? - Results (392 votes)
Yes, it's as real as the Titanic
73.47% (288 votes)
No, it's as real as the Tooth Fairy
26.53% (104 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's just a word created by people who regularly do bad.

LAG is real, but LAG COMPENSATION is not.

There are times where a single player will lag, and skip around, but that's not lag compensation.
The lag you're seeing him experience, he's experiencing the same thing on his screen.

Now days, anytime someone dies, it's because of lag compensation.
Everyone expects to flawless, or near flawless matches now days.

Your bullets "not hitting" is you getting outplayed, or overestimating the time needed to kill.

Lag Compensation isn't real, it's a myth.
Just like Santa Claus, the landing on the moon, and the Chupacabra.
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 12/18/2012 12:04:22 AM
Obvi troll topic/10
---
Why are you comparing this to a game that came out on gamecube?? -GoogleMeBaby in regards to Super Smash Bros 64
#3NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:07:35 AM
HeartlessCharms posted...
Obvi troll topic/10

bad troll attempt on your part
#4ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 12:10:28 AM
Lel. That must be why this games p2p coding is a pile of **** along with MW3 (funfact: IW acknowledged its existence), but the original BO and MW2 still play fine to this day.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#5Foxx3kPosted 12/18/2012 12:11:05 AM
I'm sorry but that is incorrect.

Lag compensation very much exists, although many players use the term incorrectly.

The game has several issues at play. One is that awful connections lead to horrible lag. The other is that lag compensation ruins good connections.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6Frost_LASERPosted 12/18/2012 12:12:39 AM(edited)
There are many different types of lag compensation. Seems like Cod likes the rewind kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming)#Solutions_and_lag_compensation

Inb4lolwikipedia etc.
#7ThugLife247Posted 12/18/2012 12:11:52 AM
i feel like i read this exact topic word for word before
---
I won't deny it i'm a straight ridah
you dont wanna **** with me
#8NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:21:32 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
Lel. That must be why this games p2p coding is a pile of **** along with MW3 (funfact: IW acknowledged its existence), but the original BO and MW2 still play fine to this day.

Funny because "lag compensation" started with the Black Ops community
Just further proof that it doesn't exist, it's just a cop-out for when people do badly

People expect to dominate every game and every gunfight, and it's not obviously lagging, they call it lag compensation for them not being as good as they wanted
#9HereticKitsunePosted 12/18/2012 12:21:34 AM
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lag_Compensation

http://www.ra.is/unlagged/

Do some reading.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#10ThugLife247Posted 12/18/2012 12:24:33 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...

Funny because "lag compensation" started with the Black Ops community
Just further proof that it doesn't exist, it's just a cop-out for when people do badly

People expect to dominate every game and every gunfight, and it's not obviously lagging, they call it lag compensation for them not being as good as they wanted

you. don't. even. lift.

stop proclaiming you're good when you're in fact terrible. lying on the internet isn't going to help your cause, and spreading false info about the origin of "lag compensation" doesn't help either.
---
I won't deny it i'm a straight ridah
you dont wanna **** with me