Lag Compensation is a Myth

#11Kyle1022Posted 12/18/2012 12:25:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUGKyWrepA

:/
#12ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 12:25:37 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Lel. That must be why this games p2p coding is a pile of **** along with MW3 (funfact: IW acknowledged its existence), but the original BO and MW2 still play fine to this day.

Funny because "lag compensation" started with the Black Ops community
Just further proof that it doesn't exist, it's just a cop-out for when people do badly

People expect to dominate every game and every gunfight, and it's not obviously lagging, they call it lag compensation for them not being as good as they wanted

I like how you conveniently don't address tha IW acknowledged it's existance because that destroys this entire thread. They even had a PR guy on their forums telling people they were "working on it" but good hosts nerfing their connections "wasn't the answer" because they had no intention of doing anything and don't want the good hosts to dry up.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#13NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:31:06 AM
ThugLife247 posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Lel. That must be why this games p2p coding is a pile of **** along with MW3 (funfact: IW acknowledged its existence), but the original BO and MW2 still play fine to this day.

Funny because "lag compensation" started with the Black Ops community
Just further proof that it doesn't exist, it's just a cop-out for when people do badly

People expect to dominate every game and every gunfight, and it's not obviously lagging, they call it lag compensation for them not being as good as they wanted

you. don't. even. lift.

stop proclaiming you're good when you're in fact terrible. lying on the internet isn't going to help your cause, and spreading false info about the origin of "lag compensation" doesn't help either.

lol?
i'm stating facts

never said i was good, though i am
and never said i did lift, though i do
#14ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 12:33:13 AM
No TC, we know you don't even lift. It's too late now.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#15Foxx3kPosted 12/18/2012 12:35:52 AM
Kyle1022 posted...

There are stationary enemies. On his "live feed" he aims right at them. On the theater feed he's aiming five feet to the left. How does that happen? ON A STATIONARY ENEMY?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#16ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 12:39:45 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

There are stationary enemies. On his "live feed" he aims right at them. On the theater feed he's aiming five feet to the left. How does that happen? ON A STATIONARY ENEMY?

I had a death on nuketown where I died immediately on spawn, killcam showed me walk forward a few feet. That doesn't even make sense. The game is ****ed
---
#17ChaseBoistPosted 12/18/2012 12:40:10 AM
Kyle1022 posted...

Every single one of those deaths were due to bad aim.
#18eddiethemcPosted 12/18/2012 12:40:10 AM
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#19Kyle1022Posted 12/18/2012 12:42:09 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

Lol I wish I could tell you. I don't have it happen to me as often as he apparently does, but it occurs in about half the games I play, and it's annoying as f***. When I lose several firefights that I know I should have won but didn't because of lag compensation, I just feel like quitting. And most times I do.

It's a shame too. If lag compensation wasn't in this game, it'd be one of the best CoDs to come out in a long time in my opinion. But with lag compensation being such a big problem for me, I barely put it over MW3.

While I'm talking about my dislike for this game...on an unrelated note, the zombies in this game SUCKS. Yet another reason why I hate it. I seriously think they made Tranzit as bad as possible so that people would HAVE to buy the DLC.
#20NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:42:20 AM
eddiethemc posted...
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.

no it's not, it's only "real" when someone does badly
it's never "real" when they do well