Lag Compensation is a Myth

#21Kyle1022Posted 12/18/2012 12:44:44 AM
ChaseBoist posted...
Kyle1022 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUGKyWrepA

:/

Every single one of those deaths were due to bad aim.

Some maybe, but not all. And in the comparisons you can CLEARLY see the difference in where the enemy actually is and where it says the enemy is while he's playing so don't give me that. Look at the one at 1:30, it's blatantly obvious.
#22ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 12:45:06 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.

no it's not, it's only "real" when someone does badly
it's never "real" when they do well

This is totaly false. I know when it's in my favor, I can soak 8 blood-red screens in one life, charge through automatic fire with a knife, half of all enemies don't see me in front of them, etc.

People exaggerate how much they are hit by it, but you're still ignoring the whole thing about IW admitting it's presence so I'm going to stop responding as you're either a troll or can't accept that this topic is at the least poorly worded.

You're. Wrong.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#23ChaseBoistPosted 12/18/2012 12:45:09 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.

This man is right. I haven't blamed one of my deaths on "Lag Compensation" ever, and I don't plan on it. All of you just need to man up and realize you suck at the game and that blaming deaths on something that can't even be proven is extremely laughable.
#24NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:49:13 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...

It's real, calm down.

This is totaly false. I know when it's in my favor, I can soak 8 blood-red screens in one life, charge through automatic fire with a knife, half of all enemies don't see me in front of them, etc.

People exaggerate how much they are hit by it, but you're still ignoring the whole thing about IW admitting it's presence so I'm going to stop responding as you're either a troll or can't accept that this topic is at the least poorly worded.

You're. Wrong.

Link where IW said "lag compensation?
They probably said lag or server issues, and you guys added compensation at the end
#25Frost_LASERPosted 12/18/2012 12:50:37 AM(edited)
ChaseBoist posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...

It's real, calm down.

This man is right. I haven't blamed one of my deaths on "Lag Compensation" ever, and I don't plan on it. All of you just need to man up and realize you suck at the game and that blaming deaths on something that can't even be proven is extremely laughable.

It's the reason why you don't have to lead your shots in a laggy match to hit someone.

In games with little to no lag compensation like Lost Planet if a player was lagging to hurt them at all you would have to guess where they would appear because the image on your screen is behind and won't register any hits. In Cod you shoot the image of the enemy player and get hits and kills. People have just confused lag with lag compensation.

Lag compensation is not imaginary.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Latency_Compensating_Methods_in_Client/Server_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization
#26NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:51:03 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...

It's real, calm down.

You're. Wrong.

If you're basing what is shown on the killcam as what actually happened, that's not lag compensation, that's the kill cam not always accurately showing movement, damage, or recoil.
#27Foxx3kPosted 12/18/2012 12:51:57 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...

It's real, calm down.

You're. Wrong.

If you're basing what is shown on the killcam as what actually happened, that's not lag compensation, that's the kill cam not always accurately showing movement, damage, or recoil.

The kill cam shows what the server acknowledges as having happened.

Note this does not also apply to rendered films.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#28HereticKitsunePosted 12/18/2012 12:53:15 AM
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Latency_Compensating_Methods_in_Client/Server_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization

Aha, that was the link I was looking for. My Valve wiki link works somewhat, too, but the main one was the Unlagged one I linked.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#29flagg2kplusPosted 12/18/2012 12:53:25 AM
Everyone who complains about so called Lag Comp, is just some bad and/or try hard who just needs to get better internet or get better.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#30supanova78Posted 12/18/2012 1:04:05 AM
You must be a guy with bad lag.. Because anyone with a decent connection experiences gets killed by lag compo players daily. Every match im in there is at least one guy that can always kill me first in a face to face gun battle even if i shoot first at close range only to see in the kill cam that he shot first, or him run around a corner and shoot down the sights before i even raise my gun!! But before i died my gun was up and firing..

The worst ive seen are guys on a red bar with knife.. Disappearing and reappearing right in front of me causing me not to know where to shoot only to houdini on me and stab me.
---
Currently Playing - PC - Monkey Island 1, PS3 - DMC4, X360 -NG2, PS2 - Dynamite Deka, WII - Mario Kart, NDS - FF Tactics A2, PSP - Tekken DR, Arcade - MSHVSSF.