Lag Compensation is a Myth

#31NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:05:37 AM
Foxx3k posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.

no it's not, it's only "real" when someone does badly
it's never "real" when they do well

This is totaly false. I know when it's in my favor, I can soak 8 blood-red screens in one life, charge through automatic fire with a knife, half of all enemies don't see me in front of them, etc.

People exaggerate how much they are hit by it, but you're still ignoring the whole thing about IW admitting it's presence so I'm going to stop responding as you're either a troll or can't accept that this topic is at the least poorly worded.

You're. Wrong.

If you're basing what is shown on the killcam as what actually happened, that's not lag compensation, that's the kill cam not always accurately showing movement, damage, or recoil.

The kill cam shows what the server acknowledges as having happened.

Note this does not also apply to rendered films.

Yea sure, call it bad "netcode" or whatever, but it's not the lag compensation nonsense
#32NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:06:42 AM
supanova78 posted...
You must be a guy with bad lag.. Because anyone with a decent connection experiences gets killed by lag compo players daily. Every match im in there is at least one guy that can always kill me first in a face to face gun battle even if i shoot first at close range only to see in the kill cam that he shot first, or him run around a corner and shoot down the sights before i even raise my gun!! But before i died my gun was up and firing..

The worst ive seen are guys on a red bar with knife.. Disappearing and reappearing right in front of me causing me not to know where to shoot only to houdini on me and stab me.

that's lag
and there will always be lag, as long as there is internet
#33ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 1:16:52 AM
So this whole topic is because people say "lag compensation" instead of "poor netcoding"? Wow TC.

I also like how when I gave you the example of when I'm on the good side of whatever we're calling this, soaking red screens and enemies not seeing me etc, you ask me if I'm talking about killcams. Do you have poor reading comprehension or something?
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#34eddiethemcPosted 12/18/2012 1:18:52 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...
I don't know who's more delusional, the people that believe it's the cause of all of their deaths, or the people that believe it just doesn't exist at all. I put them in the same category.

It's real, calm down.

http://mp1st.com/2011/12/08/modern-warfare-3-improving-lag-compensation-and-banning-boosters-and-cheaters/

You keep demanding proof, and despite many links to such evidence you still cry foul. It's not my job to educate you on the quirks of connections.

If you really think lag compensation doesn't exist then there's nothing I can say to convince you.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#35NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:19:37 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
So this whole topic is because people say "lag compensation" instead of "poor netcoding"? Wow TC.

You and other people are pointing out flaws with the game, when it's obvious this game has flaws like almost every other game made
I'm agreeing it has flaws, but telling you lag compensation isn't one of them
#36ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 1:20:50 AM
Oh look, its Infinty Ward admitting lag comp is a thing! *bookmarks*. I've been saying they did for a month
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#37NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:21:22 AM
eddiethemc posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
eddiethemc posted...

It's real, calm down.

http://mp1st.com/2011/12/08/modern-warfare-3-improving-lag-compensation-and-banning-boosters-and-cheaters/

You keep demanding proof, and despite many links to such evidence you still cry foul. It's not my job to educate you on the quirks of connections.

If you really think lag compensation doesn't exist then there's nothing I can say to convince you.

look at Robert Bowlings quote, he never said lag compensation
you guys and the people writing that article did
#38NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:22:55 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
Oh look, its Infinty Ward admitting lag comp is a thing! *bookmarks*. I've been saying they did for a month

except they never said lag compensation, you guys continue to hold onto it so you have a reason to dashboard
#39ICantNameGudPosted 12/18/2012 1:27:53 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
ICantNameGud posted...

except they never said lag compensation, you guys continue to hold onto it so you have a reason to dashboard

I bet Robert Bowling could come to your house and explain exactly how it works to you, and you would continue to justify it away. At this point you've become fundamentalist, there's no point in this continuing. I was on the forums, we talked to their PR guy. If I wasn't on my phone I would consider dragging those threads up, but you would just come up with another excuse.

I will never stop laughing that you get this butthurt over people using a colloquial term instead of saying "shoddy p2p netcoding that needs to be tweaked" every time it's discussed.
---
#40jsommzePosted 12/18/2012 1:29:15 AM
if it's such a myth, why does it happen in custom games?
---
gamertag: CorBird
PSN id: CorBird