Lag Compensation is a Myth

#61_Elite_Bushido_Posted 12/18/2012 5:25:28 AM

It's just a word created by people who regularly do bad.

LAG is real, but LAG COMPENSATION is not.

There are times where a single player will lag, and skip around, but that's not lag compensation.
The lag you're seeing him experience, he's experiencing the same thing on his screen.

Now days, anytime someone dies, it's because of lag compensation.
Everyone expects to flawless, or near flawless matches now days.

Your bullets "not hitting" is you getting outplayed, or overestimating the time needed to kill.

Lag Compensation isn't real, it's a myth.
Just like Santa Claus, the landing on the moon, and the Chupacabra.

bad troll attempt on your part

---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://tinyurl.com/8pf75y8 http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#62ChaseBoistPosted 12/18/2012 5:49:12 AM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...

There are times where a single player will lag, and skip around, but that's not lag compensation.
The lag you're seeing him experience, he's experiencing the same thing on his screen.

Your bullets "not hitting" is you getting outplayed, or overestimating the time needed to kill.

Here's another thing: when people know that they're wrong and the TC is right, they call the TC a troll.

Kinda reminds you of lag comp, doesn't it?
#63darkshadowmasterPosted 12/18/2012 5:58:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#64Mander1861Posted 12/18/2012 6:05:06 AM
Lag is real just like the moon landing
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#65_Elite_Bushido_Posted 12/18/2012 6:25:54 AM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...

Here's another thing: when people know that they're wrong and the TC is right, they call the TC a troll.

Kinda reminds you of lag comp, doesn't it?

because devs talking about Lag Compensation feature and in MW3 the devs specifically said they made it to where people with bad connections will be able to fight people with good ones with their lag compensation but ended up making good connections bad... just flat out never happened? kthxbye
---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://tinyurl.com/8pf75y8 http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#66NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 7:34:54 AM
Fungum posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Fungum posted...
TC has not once acknowledged anything posted as proof of lag comp. Why are you guys still feeding?

they haven't proved anything, there is nothing to prove on the side of lag compensation

people think because they can do 37-3 one match, they should never be able to go 17-23, otherwise it's lag compensation, not their inconsistent skill

Yes, because IW, many tech articles, and countless websites addressing the lag comp in their own games, is offering no facts.

I hate people like you. You're not even good at trolling.

those tech sites aren't affiliated with IW or Activision, they are regular people when it comes to the game
they have no "inside" source
you can find contradicting articles on just about everything, including lag compensation
it's why i don't bother posting useless article links, to try to validate the truth of there being no lag compensation in Call of Duty
#67Frost_LASERPosted 12/18/2012 8:15:32 AM
NarutoTaio posted...
Fungum posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Fungum posted...
TC has not once acknowledged anything posted as proof of lag comp. Why are you guys still feeding?

they haven't proved anything, there is nothing to prove on the side of lag compensation

people think because they can do 37-3 one match, they should never be able to go 17-23, otherwise it's lag compensation, not their inconsistent skill

Yes, because IW, many tech articles, and countless websites addressing the lag comp in their own games, is offering no facts.

those tech sites aren't affiliated with IW or Activision, they are regular people when it comes to the game
you can find contradicting articles on just about everything, including lag compensation
it's why i don't bother posting useless article links, to try to validate the truth of there being no lag compensation in Call of Duty

Articles from actual video game developers offer a greater amount of proof than incessantly saying there is no lag compensation. Many have posted articles that lag compensation does indeed exist and I have given examples of how it works.

Where are the articles that dismiss its existence?
#68nuschler2212Posted 12/18/2012 8:24:57 AM
Frost_LASER posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Fungum posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Fungum posted...

Articles from actual video game developers offer a greater amount of proof than incessantly saying there is no lag compensation. Many have posted articles that lag compensation does indeed exist and I have given examples of how it works.

Where are the articles that dismiss its existence?

Anybody who has half a brain can do research and find that every FPS has some sort of lag compensation. They all don't have the same lag compensation.

Each lag compensation has different variables that can be adjusted.

To say that lag compensation is a myth is ridiculous.

I'm just going to ignore this topic creator.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#69ShadowUmbreon42Posted 12/18/2012 9:14:38 AM
NarutoTaio posted...

Stopped caring. Lag comp exist. Man do i hate it when people with no lag talk this bs on gamefaqs.... oh wait it's Gamefaqs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/VictiniExpert2400 You should go sub. Digimon World Dusk FC 0991-5020-3268
#70JiggaMan14xPosted 12/18/2012 9:18:37 AM
Two options here. Play a different game or mess with your internet speeds so you're on the good end of lag comp. Go into your router and keep a high download speed and dramatically lower your upload speed (around 500 kbps).