#71aNiceLayPosted 12/18/2012 9:19:35 AM
You're a myth.
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Currently Playing: Blops2, Skate3
#72NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:23:39 AM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
It's just a word created by people who regularly do bad.

LAG is real, but LAG COMPENSATION is not.

There are times where a single player will lag, and skip around, but that's not lag compensation.
The lag you're seeing him experience, he's experiencing the same thing on his screen.

Now days, anytime someone dies, it's because of lag compensation.
Everyone expects to flawless, or near flawless matches now days.

Your bullets "not hitting" is you getting outplayed, or overestimating the time needed to kill.

Lag Compensation isn't real, it's a myth.
Just like Santa Claus, the landing on the moon, and the Chupacabra.

Stopped caring. Lag comp exist. Man do i hate it when people with no lag talk this bs on gamefaqs.... oh wait it's Gamefaqs.

No, I've played Black Ops 2 as several locations, all very much different internet providers/speeds, and the game played the same.
Only difference was how often the place gained host, which still made no difference.

You only "get" lag compensation, when you choose to see it.
It's not really there, you just conjure it up.
#73DXiRoNMaNPosted 12/18/2012 9:25:38 AM
75 people ITT are clearly insane
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#74ThugLife247Posted 12/18/2012 9:47:04 AM
lol TC
---
I won't deny it i'm a straight ridah
you dont wanna **** with me
#75Erupt50Posted 12/18/2012 9:52:15 AM
It's not a myth but the majority of the time when people say they are experiencing lag comp they are actually experiencing old fashioned lag. But admitting that its "lag" suggests that the problem may be on your end(connection issues). Calling it "lag comp" puts all the blame on the devs. Therefore you never ever ever hear anyone complaining about "lag" anymore. Weird huh?
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#76CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 9:54:54 AM
NarutoTaio posted...

There are times where a single player will lag, and skip around, but that's not lag compensation.
The lag you're seeing him experience, he's experiencing the same thing on his screen.

Your bullets "not hitting" is you getting outplayed, or overestimating the time needed to kill.

Stopped caring. Lag comp exist. Man do i hate it when people with no lag talk this bs on gamefaqs.... oh wait it's Gamefaqs.

No, I've played Black Ops 2 as several locations, all very much different internet providers/speeds, and the game played the same.
Only difference was how often the place gained host, which still made no difference.

So you know more about the game then the developers? They admit there is lag compensation in the game and you still won't accept it. Why don't you take a brick and beat yourself in the skull until you can get a rational thought in your head.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#77NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 10:10:08 AM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
NarutoTaio posted...

So you know more about the game then the developers? They admit there is lag compensation in the game and you still won't accept it. Why don't you take a brick and beat yourself in the skull until you can get a rational thought in your head.

The developers never said lag compensation, only lag.
And lag will always be around, as long as there is the internet.
Lag compensation is the community's way of saying "i'm elite, but the game won't let me be"

Even with the worst internet, lag is kinda rare in Call of Duty
#78CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 10:15:05 AM
http://community.callofduty.com/message/106065898

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.

TU8: Networking enhancements, Theater improvements and fixes, Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp", Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k, Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate), Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns, bar the AA-12 and 1887), Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging, fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges, removal of StealthnBomber radar visibility in Color Blind mode.

Really TC? Then what the **** is this? Do you even read all the responses in your topic or is that so far above you that simple reading comprehension is a chore for you?
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#79DraconilianPosted 12/18/2012 10:16:39 AM
I voted no, because I feel like being contrary and because I know the "Yes" option will win anyway.
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#80darkshadowmasterPosted 12/18/2012 10:16:40 AM
I meant to edit my post & not delete it :\

http://community.callofduty.com/message/106065898

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.

TU8: Networking enhancements, Theater improvements and fixes, Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp", Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k, Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate), Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns, bar the AA-12 and 1887), Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging, fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges, removal of StealthnBomber radar visibility in Color Blind mode.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.