Be honest, which game has the better multiplayer? MW2 or BO2

#11Kovalchuk_Posted 12/18/2012 10:20:19 AM
imo MW2 was the peak of CoD.

The only thing that I hated was OMA/DC but that was late in the games life.

other then that the game was stellar.
---
What's the best way to shave your ass?
#12bigbug1992Posted 12/18/2012 10:21:29 AM
I prefer playing BO2, but i would rather take guns that work too well than guns that barely work at all
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards.
#13OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/18/2012 10:33:32 AM(edited)
MW3>MW2>Blops>Blops 2

MW3 was MW2 with toned down explosives.
MW2 was the most fun at the time game but technically MW3 does everything MW2 did and more.

Blops 1 was unbalanced as there was little reason to use anything other than a famas or AK74u before it's nerf. The game had great maps but it really didn't have variety due to how they structured the perks and the guns. From perks to gun choices ... you saw less variety in Blops 1 than in any of the last four CoD games. So while nothing was "broken" ... nothing was balanced either.

Blops 2 is ok ... but awful maps kill this game in TDM for me. I can tolerate it in objective game modes but I like normally prefer TDM and TDM just has zero flow due to the map design and spawns. ... trying to avoid getting shot from behind feels impossible.

Also IW's games always have superior graphics, steadier framerate, better clearer surround sound that actually enhances gameplay, better hit detection, better netcoding, the character models seems bigger and clearer to see at distance (even with Blops 2's smaller maps, I find it harder to see enemies at times in Blops 2 at a distance than I do in MW2 or MW3 ... I guess that is why Target Finder is so popular).
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Now playing: Black Ops 2, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
#14TimandEricPosted 12/18/2012 12:06:48 PM
It's tough to say. I had fun playing MW2 in its heyday, but the flaws in that game were the result of extremely unbalanced game mechanics, as opposed to the connection and lag issues that plague BO2.

I've been noticing a lot of MW2 love lately as well. To me, the game has developed a sort of cult/nostalgic following because people loved to use all the ridiculously unbalanced setups because it was just "fun" to them. It was "fun" to spam grenades with OMA/DC. It was "fun" to have a class that was dominant at all ranges due to shotguns being secondaries, and it was "fun" (as well as the beginning of) for the "camp for killstreaks" style of play.

I liked the maps, guns, and the core mechanics of the game itself, but people tend to mistake their personal "love" for that game with "balance", which is the most important aspect of a competitive FPS. In those regards, the game was borderline broken, but many people still hail it as the "best" or their personal favorite because they either loved using, or conveniently forgot about things such as OMA/DC, MLC knifers, care-package glitch, Javelin-glitch, killstreak chaining, Akimbo model 1887s, deathstreaks, etc. etc.
#15chessmyantidrugPosted 12/18/2012 12:11:11 PM
Modern Warfare 2 was primarily about one thing: Tactical Nukes. Far too much boosting went on to truly enjoy the game. Then there was always that one person who was using One-Man Army with Danger Close and grenade launchers. Once that combination was discovered, online multiplayer was ruined. And before that, there was the infamous Javelin glitch.

Modern Warfare 2 had so many things wrong with it and Infinity Ward did such a horrible job patching the game that it became unplayable.
#16SinIcePosted 12/18/2012 12:18:45 PM
mw2 without question...i play that game to this day almost every night and i have 0 problems with hack/glitches

wanna know how to avoid those ppl? play hardcore... its all i play and now there are less than 1k ppl in that playlist so we have a core group of "regulars" 99% of which are cool, older(20+) , guys that just have a good time, no hack no glitches, just the occasional n00b tube (GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH F$%@ING TUBES)

so all of you who think mw2 is all hacks come play some HC TDM with me and the guys

XBL: CallMeJuicyJay
#17chessmyantidrugPosted 12/18/2012 12:26:50 PM
SinIce posted...
mw2 without question...i play that game to this day almost every night and i have 0 problems with hack/glitches

wanna know how to avoid those ppl? play hardcore... its all i play and now there are less than 1k ppl in that playlist so we have a core group of "regulars" 99% of which are cool, older(20+) , guys that just have a good time, no hack no glitches, just the occasional n00b tube (GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH F$%@ING TUBES)

so all of you who think mw2 is all hacks come play some HC TDM with me and the guys

I'd rather play HC TDM in Black Ops 2. I actually prefer HC KC. I also don't feel like playing against a team full of people using Cold Blooded, which makes killstreaks practically useless. And people complain about Ghost in this game.
#18SinCityKidPosted 12/18/2012 12:27:55 PM
OMA DC rules out MW2 for any of these polls.
#19SinIcePosted 12/18/2012 12:28:17 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
SinIce posted...

I'd rather play HC TDM in Black Ops 2. I actually prefer HC KC. I also don't feel like playing against a team full of people using Cold Blooded, which makes killstreaks practically useless. And people complain about Ghost in this game.

so you wont play because you can't rack up 40 kills with cheap a$$ killstreaks???

nvm you're right stay in BO2 you belong there
#20liquid_cakePosted 12/18/2012 12:29:51 PM
The only thing I like about Modern Warfare 2 was the Spec Ops. MW3 was all around garbage, but I did like CoD4, so I dunno what happened really.