Be honest, which game has the better multiplayer? MW2 or BO2

#31TimandEricPosted 12/18/2012 1:32:01 PM
craigdavis posted...
the real question is actually when will all the noobs stop crying over "over powered" guns and setups.

HOWEVER none of the two games this poll is about are that great. MW 1 was the best, is the best and the best there ever will be :) (sorry hitman)

BO2 is a misleading pos, but i still like it. MW2 had it right having shottys as secondarys. why was the spas over powered? just because it killed you?

i have enjoyed all cods, except W@W because i found the spawn deaths TERRIBLE! lol absolutely terrible. But loved the guns lol.

CoD games become crap when guns perks and things like that get nerfed or changed to look after the babies!!

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded portion. No.....just no
#32Choleric_LlamaPosted 12/18/2012 1:36:54 PM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
MW2 wasn't broken. IT wasn't unplayable. I still play it and the OMA/DC is a thing of the past. Everyone is hacking now but when you get those rare games where no one is hacking you get a great experience. This game is a bad experience all the time.

I have played at the very least twenty four hours of MW2 in the last month, and I have seen one hacked lobby. One. I have no idea what you're talking about.
---
"If I illegally downloaded all of Will Smith's songs, I wouldn't be arrested for music piracy, I'd be arrested for promoting horrible taste in music."
#33chessmyantidrugPosted 12/18/2012 1:40:31 PM
craigdavis posted...
why was the spas over powered? just because it killed you?

It had quite a ridiculous one-shot kill range. People complain about the R870 MCS, but the SPAS-12 in MW2 was considerably better. It was actually detrimental to aim down sights if you were using Steady Aim. The Model 1887 had a longer one-shot kill range, but a much slower rate of fire. The Striker was a joke and the AA-12 was used almost exclusively by corner campers. The Ranger had silly short range, but were extremely lethal up close, especially when Akimbo. The M1014 was like a slightly worse version of the SPAS-12: less range, but faster rate of fire.

TL;DR: SPAS-12 outclassed every other shotgun.
#34Dethklok510Posted 12/18/2012 1:41:16 PM
MW2 was by far the most fun I've had in a CoD game. In Black Ops 2, it's SMG everywhere. Gets old. At least in MW2 you die to a lot of different things (ump, acr, tubes/launchers, mlc knifers, quickscopers).

More variety is better.
#35SpydogKPosted 12/18/2012 1:47:19 PM(edited)
Actually the "pure" COD's were 1, 2 and 3 because they did not feature the RPG system. They weren't quite as popular however.

CO-SIGN. The kiddies today know nothing of Dawnville, Tujane, or Eder Damn.

When COD 4 first introduced the killstreaks and perks, it was a great idea because the maps were well designed with definite spawn points and the killstreaks were simple and fit every type of gameplay.

WaW made this even better by having larger maps and tanks on a few levels.This allowed for the experience of COD 4 set in WW2 on large scale maps and Treyarch's signature brand of wide open (yet balanced) gameplay.

MW2 ruined all this with the pro perks and the inevitable chaining of kill streaks to acquire nukes. This shifted the dynamic of gameplay to rely hugely on camping and finding whatever exploit or broken gaming mechanic existed to further one's kill streak.

Though Black Ops 1 made the series playable again, the fundamentals of the franchise have definitely changed for the worse.

Even though the single player has remained amazing, and though Treyarch has finally seemed to turn the corner on the mess that was this game the first month, I don't think any COD post- World at War is going to compare to the fun and the balance that was the first 5 (cannon) games of the series.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#36craigdavisPosted 12/18/2012 1:44:31 PM
quoting the two people regarding the SPAS being over powered and shottys shouldnt be secondarys?

1st off, shottys can actually shoot with decent range. which everyone should know really!

2nd, shottys as back up made sense, i wouldnt have touched them in that game if they were primary only! not worth it seeing as they get out ranged by EVERYTHING. plus i play hardcore, general rule of thumb lag asside, one shot should kill.
#37DutchZombiePosted 12/18/2012 1:45:04 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
craigdavis posted...

It had quite a ridiculous one-shot kill range. People complain about the R870 MCS, but the SPAS-12 in MW2 was considerably better. It was actually detrimental to aim down sights if you were using Steady Aim. The Model 1887 had a longer one-shot kill range, but a much slower rate of fire. The Striker was a joke and the AA-12 was used almost exclusively by corner campers. The Ranger had silly short range, but were extremely lethal up close, especially when Akimbo. The M1014 was like a slightly worse version of the SPAS-12: less range, but faster rate of fire.

So what??? I used the MP5 and even I didn't find shotguns that cumbersome. The only thing that secondary shotguns did was force people to play smarter. Apparently that's too much to handle for some...
#38Mumble_Posted 12/18/2012 1:46:18 PM
Anyone voting BO2 is having buyers remorse.
Anyone voting BO2 didn't have MW2 in its prime.
Anyone voting BO2 had a negative KD in MW2 but a positive in this.
---
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.
#39craigdavisPosted 12/18/2012 1:48:07 PM
also stop whining about SMG's, they are fine. GUNS KILL PEOPLE. SMG's have this myth that they are poor at range. whilst i wouldnt expect them to drop opponents 300m+ i would expect them to be deadly <100m which ALL of the CoD maps since MW2 have been. since MW2 maps have become smaller, so SMG's more relevant. i use shottys on MW3 because the maps are so small.
#40craigdavisPosted 12/18/2012 1:49:45 PM
DutchZombie posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
craigdavis posted...

So what??? I used the MP5 and even I didn't find shotguns that cumbersome. The only thing that secondary shotguns did was force people to play smarter. Apparently that's too much to handle for some...

EXACTLY!! i loved the mp5 from MW1 did u? didnt like it much in the others tho.