Be honest, which game has the better multiplayer? MW2 or BO2

#41SpydogKPosted 12/18/2012 1:52:18 PM
Anyone voting BO2 is having buyers remorse.
Anyone voting BO2 didn't have MW2 in its prime.
Anyone voting BO2 had a negative KD in MW2 but a positive in this.

1. Wrong. I had it initially and anyone reading my old posts would see I was bashing it, but the latest patches have fixed most of my issues.

2. Wrong. I had MW2 in its prime and was telling people that the gameplay was broken from the first week it was out.

3. Wrong. I had a great K/D in MW2 even through the first month with the rocket glitch and MLC, but once people figured out chaining nukes from certain classes and OMA/DC, I lost all interest from playing seriously, just ****ed around for fun and gave up on the game a couple months later.

Most objective critics of the series will tell you that MW2 was awful. The first month of Black Ops release was damn near a block party on the message boards, as people at the time were overjoyed that Treyarch brought some balance and sanity back to COD.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#42Mumble_Posted 12/18/2012 1:53:56 PM
craigdavis posted...
also stop whining about SMG's, they are fine. GUNS KILL PEOPLE. SMG's have this myth that they are poor at range. whilst i wouldnt expect them to drop opponents 300m+ i would expect them to be deadly <100m which ALL of the CoD maps since MW2 have been. since MW2 maps have become smaller, so SMG's more relevant. i use shottys on MW3 because the maps are so small.

Derail. Array. Afghan. Grid. Wasteland. Fuel. Interchange. Village. Probably more.

This is the only game where you can snipe people with SMGs.
---
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.
#43Proudleaf24Posted 12/18/2012 1:58:42 PM
MW2 in its prime was pure, gaming bliss. It's also important to mention that MW2 was truly when the youtube generation started to kick off. I remember watching the first videos from Sandy Ravage back then. Good times.

Also, MW2 is still, by far, the most colorful CoD. It's too bad we never really went back to that. :/
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#44craigdavisPosted 12/18/2012 2:00:45 PM
Mumble_ posted...
craigdavis posted...
also stop whining about SMG's, they are fine. GUNS KILL PEOPLE. SMG's have this myth that they are poor at range. whilst i wouldnt expect them to drop opponents 300m+ i would expect them to be deadly <100m which ALL of the CoD maps since MW2 have been. since MW2 maps have become smaller, so SMG's more relevant. i use shottys on MW3 because the maps are so small.

Derail. Array. Afghan. Grid. Wasteland. Fuel. Interchange. Village. Probably more.

This is the only game where you can snipe people with SMGs.

i said since mw2...
#45TimandEricPosted 12/18/2012 2:08:14 PM
DutchZombie posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
craigdavis posted...
why was the spas over powered? just because it killed you?

It had quite a ridiculous one-shot kill range. People complain about the R870 MCS, but the SPAS-12 in MW2 was considerably better. It was actually detrimental to aim down sights if you were using Steady Aim. The Model 1887 had a longer one-shot kill range, but a much slower rate of fire. The Striker was a joke and the AA-12 was used almost exclusively by corner campers. The Ranger had silly short range, but were extremely lethal up close, especially when Akimbo. The M1014 was like a slightly worse version of the SPAS-12: less range, but faster rate of fire.

TL;DR: SPAS-12 outclassed every other shotgun.

So what??? I used the MP5 and even I didn't find shotguns that cumbersome. The only thing that secondary shotguns did was force people to play smarter. Apparently that's too much to handle for some...

I don't want to get into an argument about how shotgun secondaries broke gun balance, because I could write an entire essay about it. But the one thing that almost everyone can agree on is that shotguns were much more powerful in MW2 than Black Ops 1 and 2. They were primary powered weapons, that much is a fact.

If you honestly don't think that the top-tier close range weapon being a secondary isn't a problem, then i guess MW2 is your game. However, there's a reason why they haven't put them as secondaries in any game since. Most likely because they realized it was a terrible idea.
#46BrownPackPosted 12/18/2012 2:09:08 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
Gunther482 posted...
But at least MW2 had good network code, it was frustrating, but at least it was playable. And to be honest I really didn't like MW2 that much, I would take BO I any day over MW2.

Regardless of how much you exaggerate the netcode problems of Blops 2, it's far from unplayable.

He's not exaggerating.
#47CatholicPriest7Posted 12/18/2012 2:11:40 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
MW3>MW2>Blops>Blops 2

MW3 was MW2 with toned down explosives.
MW2 was the most fun at the time game but technically MW3 does everything MW2 did and more.

Blops 1 was unbalanced as there was little reason to use anything other than a famas or AK74u before it's nerf. The game had great maps but it really didn't have variety due to how they structured the perks and the guns. From perks to gun choices ... you saw less variety in Blops 1 than in any of the last four CoD games. So while nothing was "broken" ... nothing was balanced either.

Blops 2 is ok ... but awful maps kill this game in TDM for me. I can tolerate it in objective game modes but I like normally prefer TDM and TDM just has zero flow due to the map design and spawns. ... trying to avoid getting shot from behind feels impossible.

Also IW's games always have superior graphics, steadier framerate, better clearer surround sound that actually enhances gameplay, better hit detection, better netcoding, the character models seems bigger and clearer to see at distance (even with Blops 2's smaller maps, I find it harder to see enemies at times in Blops 2 at a distance than I do in MW2 or MW3 ... I guess that is why Target Finder is so popular).

Get your eyes checked out.

I haven't played MW2 for a long time so I'm not sure if this is still true but it has the best graphics of the series. BUT blacks ops 2 is infinitely better looking than MW3 and it's pretty close to MW2.

Black ops 2 has progressed since black ops 1.
MW3 went backwards from MW2.

MW3 has terrible graphics compared to MW2. Horrendous map design even. I'm not even talking about gameplay, the maps are literally visually unnappealing and bland. None of the maps stood out.

I can't even match the MW3 maps with their names because they were so forgettable. I mean I remember village and dome but only because dome was popular, not because it was good.

I can't help you if you seriously think MW3 is the best COD(a very unpopular opinion) but to say that it did everything MW2 did is just plain ignorant.

Consider this:
-How does a rehash degrade technically and graphically after 2 years?
-All the maps look the same for the most part

MW3 was probably my most anticipated multiplayer FPS of all time and after it came out I spent the rest of the year playing bf3 which was a decent game at best.
---
Religion is a man-made device to enslave the minds of the weak.
#48BrownPackPosted 12/18/2012 2:19:44 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
craigdavis posted...
why was the spas over powered? just because it killed you?

It had quite a ridiculous one-shot kill range. People complain about the R870 MCS, but the SPAS-12 in MW2 was considerably better. It was actually detrimental to aim down sights if you were using Steady Aim. The Model 1887 had a longer one-shot kill range, but a much slower rate of fire. The Striker was a joke and the AA-12 was used almost exclusively by corner campers. The Ranger had silly short range, but were extremely lethal up close, especially when Akimbo. The M1014 was like a slightly worse version of the SPAS-12: less range, but faster rate of fire.

TL;DR: SPAS-12 outclassed every other shotgun.

LOl, someone didn't play MW2. The Spas-12 might've had a "ridiculous" one-shot kill range, but remember, it was also one of the slowest firing shotgun as well, and even then, there are times when you will only get hitmarkers with it.

I can't believe how many people underestimate the Striker. The Striker was stronger, and had a more effective range than the AA-12, but it's downside was that it had a reload speed similar to that of the Spas/M1014. The Striker is overall my favorite shotgun easily.

The M1014 was overall better than the Spas according to a tier list I've seen somewhere. The M1014 had a slightly lesser range than the Spas, but it made up for it with the way faster rate of fire. The biggest downside to the M1014 was it's small mag, which even with Extended mags only had 6 shells at most. This is my most reliable shotgun for SND.

The Spas was a great shotgun, and in Free For All, it is clearly the best, but in other gametypes, it shines just as bright as the others.
#49BrownPackPosted 12/18/2012 2:21:27 PM
Proudleaf24 posted...
MW2 in its prime was pure, gaming bliss. It's also important to mention that MW2 was truly when the youtube generation started to kick off. I remember watching the first videos from Sandy Ravage back then. Good times.

Also, MW2 is still, by far, the most colorful CoD. It's too bad we never really went back to that. :/

As much as MW2 is my favorite Cod, it's not the most colorful one. BO2 is more colorful, and MW3 is the most colorful (albeit only on the DLC maps)
#50OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/18/2012 2:23:18 PM
CatholicPriest7 posted...

MW3 was probably my most anticipated multiplayer FPS of all time and after it came out I spent the rest of the year playing bf3 which was a decent game at best.

Maybe you mean Black Ops 2 looks better from an artistic perspective because from a technical aspect ... MW2 and MW3's engines are a good step above Black Ops 2's.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Now playing: Black Ops 2, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3