Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#11trakrunr4evrPosted 12/18/2012 10:57:59 AM
I'm in
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#12ADemonicMuffinPosted 12/18/2012 11:02:34 AM
He says he's not going to be playing online shooters.

...so he's going to play single player Far Cry, or Skyrim?
#13RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/18/2012 11:03:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14AWarAmp84Posted 12/18/2012 11:06:40 AM(edited)
Nah, I'm busy Friday night but if I make it home at a decent hour I'll be playing. Why should I suffer because of some nutjob went over the deep end while having access to a s*#*load of firearms? All of this happening in a country with super lenient gun regulations which I don't even live in!? Yeah, I'll be playing for sure.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#15ffgameman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:10:18 AM
Why all the hate for just a simple gesture?

Do it, don't do it, whatever - but stopped acting like those who are doing it are idiots.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#16ffgameman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:11:24 AM
outlawstar289 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
This cease fire is moronic.

This is like the day of silence for that gay kid who was hung up on the gate, even though he was a little ***** that was murdered for drug related issues, he just happened to be gay

I'm sorry, but if you have kids, tell them how much you love them, not this idiotic form of protest/respect

this

What's it supposed to accomplish? "We don't think games cause violence but we're going to do this symbolic gesture that makes it look like we do"

It's similar to something a local gun shop owner did this past weekend. I'm sure as a gun aficionado he isn't placing most of the blame on guns - but he did close his shop for the weekend in respect of the victims.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#17Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/18/2012 11:19:33 AM
ffgameman posted...
outlawstar289 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
This cease fire is moronic.

This is like the day of silence for that gay kid who was hung up on the gate, even though he was a little ***** that was murdered for drug related issues, he just happened to be gay

I'm sorry, but if you have kids, tell them how much you love them, not this idiotic form of protest/respect

this

What's it supposed to accomplish? "We don't think games cause violence but we're going to do this symbolic gesture that makes it look like we do"

It's similar to something a local gun shop owner did this past weekend. I'm sure as a gun aficionado he isn't placing most of the blame on guns - but he did close his shop for the weekend in respect of the victims.

I would call that a bad buissiness man
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#18KabtheMentatPosted 12/18/2012 11:21:43 AM

Do it, don't do it, whatever - but stopped acting like those who are doing it are idiots.

Because it's ignoring the larger issue. Which isn't video games, or guns, or violence in the media. It's crazy people not being called out before they go off the deep end.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#19PharoahPelicanPosted 12/18/2012 11:25:18 AM
How does this honor them? How does this support the families? How does this do anything?
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#20Afghan_Whig777Posted 12/18/2012 11:26:55 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

Because it's ignoring the larger issue. Which isn't video games, or guns, or violence in the media. It's crazy people not being called out before they go off the deep end.

Some of it still has to do with how much more we still need to understand psychological disorders and signs

Lets also not pretend the mother is so innocent, she had two weapons laying around the house. Why does a school teacher need TWO guns exactly?

A mother who WORKS with kids didn't see the signs of her troubled son? Sounds like bad parenting, but we don't know the whole story so I'll reserve my judgement for now
---
GT: Arcade Fire87