Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#131sonic_rockzPosted 12/18/2012 5:25:38 PM
Turtlemayor333 posted...
As far as Black Ops 2 goes I've been in a state of "ceasefire" for about three weeks now.

---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#132CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 5:25:39 PM
Sorry I am not doing any "Ceasefire". This is exactly what the terrorists want us to do. To do something that isn't part of our normal lives. I will be playing because I can.

That is also part of it. If you show that you have been affected the terrorists win and they will do it on a larger scale once again to evoke a bigger reaction.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#133Teh_5_StarzPosted 12/18/2012 5:26:13 PM
ffgameman posted...
Why all the hate for just a simple gesture?

Do it, don't do it, whatever - but stopped acting like those who are doing it are idiots.

this

anyway, im probably in. I have finals anyway....
---
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525
#134TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/18/2012 5:31:45 PM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
dueric posted...
Kenichi34 posted...
It's a nice little gesture to show everyone we care, and aren't mindless as many seem to believe. Yes, it won't change anything but it's a simple gesture of compassion. I'll take part in it to honor the victims.

A gesture of compassion? Now I've hard it all.

If you wanna honor the victims, find one of 1000 websites set up to do such a thing.

It is a gesture of compassion. Are there better ones? Yes, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a gesture of compassion.

No wonder this world is so ****ed up. People like you and many others here will defend a damn video game to the death if somebody says something bad about it but someone shows their respect for the shooting victims in their own way and you tear him down. This board is absolutely pathetic.

The fact that you don't understand the entire point of this is the problem. Let me explain it to you. We don't feel the gesture is the problem. The problem is the gesture has nothing to do with the tragedy. Zero. Absolutely nothing. They say that they don't believe video games caused it yet try to grief people into them giving up said video games for a day even though they say it has nothing to do with it. It is hypocritical.

Nice of you to try and explain it to me but you obviously didn't read through the topic or even the link in the first post. The guy in the article who came up with the idea states it clear as day. It's a gesture of peace, and if anything he would like you to donate to the families. He simply asked people to do it, that's not griefing them, it's called ASKING.

Again, If you don't want to do it, then don't. Nobody is "griefing" you into doing it, nobody is forcing you to do it, you don't have to if you don't want to. Don't tear down others for doing it just because you don't want to though. What the hell is so hard about that for all of you to understand?

Like I said before, it's pathetic for so many of you here to go in your little video game defense mode and insult people just because they said something bad about a damn inanimate object but turn around and tear someone down for showing some respect for the victims in their own way. Grow the **** up.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#135tennis99Posted 12/18/2012 5:33:19 PM
No I won't take part in this. Yes the situation is terrible, just awful. But what else can you expect from a society like America's where guns run rampant. Someone in this topic mentioned earlier about how this guy would have found guns either way no matter where he was and this is definitely false. In a more liberal country this guy would definitely not have had such easy access to guns. The problem lies with America. And no I won't take part in not playing CoD for a day, I see no reason to.
---
inukshuk47
#136CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 5:33:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#137CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 5:37:14 PM
No I won't take part in this. Yes the situation is terrible, just awful. But what else can you expect from a society like America's where guns run rampant. Someone in this topic mentioned earlier about how this guy would have found guns either way no matter where he was and this is definitely false. In a more liberal country this guy would definitely not have had such easy access to guns. The problem lies with America. And no I won't take part in not playing CoD for a day, I see no reason to.

No he would have access to full automatic weapons which can be easily smuggled into the country. The smuggling of weapons into the US with the ban of guns would shoot through the roof. Instead of buying semi-automatic weapons we will be getting fully automatic weapons that allow to drop a classroom of people just by spraying. There are already tons of illegal fully automatic weapons existing on the market and that is with a legal way to get them.
---
#138TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/18/2012 5:40:06 PM
You obviously can't read between the lines. If it has nothing to do with it why even bring it up? Are you dense? He brings it up for a reason and says what he said for a reason. That whole thing was an agenda and if you don't believe that then you have serious mental issues because that should be obvious to all but the mentally challenged.

Sounds like your little video game defense mode kicked in and made you paranoid. Now you're throwing a little hissy fit because you think he has some sort of anti-video game agenda. You just proved my point about pathetic individuals getting all uptight about some damn video games. Until he gives me a reason to think otherwise, I'm gonna believe the guy is saying what he means. Sounds like you're the one who has issues, or snorting more than just caffeine. You don't know him, you know nothing about him, yet you're telling me I should read between the lines instead of thinking he's saying what he means.

Have a good evening.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#139CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 5:41:40 PM
You obviously can't read between the lines. If it has nothing to do with it why even bring it up? Are you dense? He brings it up for a reason and says what he said for a reason. That whole thing was an agenda and if you don't believe that then you have serious mental issues because that should be obvious to all but the mentally challenged.

Sounds like your little video game defense mode kicked in and made you paranoid. Now you're throwing a little hissy fit because you think he has some sort of anti-video game agenda. You just proved my point about pathetic individuals getting all uptight about some damn video games. Until he gives me a reason to think otherwise, I'm gonna believe the guy is saying what he means. Sounds like you're the one who has issues, or snorting more than just caffeine. You don't know him, you know nothing about him, yet you're telling me I should read between the lines instead of thinking he's saying what he means.

Have a good evening.

You have a good evening being a dog who accepts everything that is handed to him instead of thinking for yourself. That is ok with me. I will sit back and think about inconsistencies and illogical arguments. Thank you and good night.
---
#140duericPosted 12/18/2012 5:43:05 PM
New internet meme. "Videogame defense mode".

When to use: When you have no other logical argument.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member