Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#161Mander1861Posted 12/18/2012 6:32:04 PM
SteadfastNoob posted...
Not playing a shooter game for a day will accomplish nothing, the same as stricter gun laws will accomplish nothing since criminals don't care about laws anyway.

But the kid wasnt a criminal derp.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#162xthunder7283Posted 12/18/2012 6:33:34 PM
dueric posted...
Dersu_Uzala posted...
This is on about the same level as liking cartoon characters on Facebook to fight breast cancer.

How about asking your local congressmen to push for better gun control laws, or something actually productive like that?

Because all better gun control laws do is make it so that criminals are the only ones who can get guns.

+respect
---
PSN: RussRock7283
#163YoungGganonPosted 12/18/2012 7:35:59 PM
SquigglyJustice posted...
Innocent people die around the world everyday from firearms etc, and putting the controller down for this tragic incident isn't going to help the fact that people blame videogames for these things. Maybe try and do something a bit more pro active like sign petitions for more controlled gun laws.

You do realize that the guy who committed this recent atrocity stole the guns right? Gun laws don't matter in this case, he would've taken them regardless.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#164CBratePosted 12/18/2012 7:45:37 PM
Innocent people die around the world everyday from firearms etc, and putting the controller down for this tragic incident isn't going to help the fact that people blame videogames for these things. Maybe try and do something a bit more pro active like sign petitions for more controlled gun laws.

You do realize that the guy who committed this recent atrocity stole the guns right? Gun laws don't matter in this case, he would've taken them regardless.

You do realize if the guns weren't there to be stolen he wouldn't have the guns for this rampage?
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#165Mander1861Posted 12/18/2012 7:47:08 PM
CBrate posted...

You do realize if the guns weren't there to be stolen he wouldn't have the guns for this rampage?

No they dont, just move on.
They are literally that ignorant.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#166Game Player05Posted 12/18/2012 7:49:22 PM
Mander1861 posted...
CBrate posted...

No they dont, just move on.
They are literally that ignorant.

It's not a gun crime, it's a mental illness crime. The kid shot his own mother in cold blood.

Ban mental illness.
---
Meh, new sig time.
#167Pawkie07Posted 12/18/2012 7:49:42 PM
CBrate posted...

A person doesn't need guns to go on a rampage.
#168Mander1861Posted 12/18/2012 7:52:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#169Blizzard09Posted 12/18/2012 8:07:17 PM(edited)
SteadfastNoob posted...
Not playing a shooter game for a day will accomplish nothing, the same as stricter gun laws will accomplish nothing since criminals don't care about laws anyway.

There is a reason that there is more mass murders with guns in the US then other countries (taking out third world and comy countries) and that reason is they hand out high power assault rifles like candy. Making it harder to get such weapons will make a difference, may not be a huge a difference but its a start.

US has stood by as this people buy this guns and mass loads of ammo and body armor and blame everything but their loose gun control laws. Its time something is done. Little kids suffered the price this time for doing nothing wrong. Its time to start somewhere to help stop this stuff from happening. Its ignorant to even think that the fact its way easy to get weapons in the US is a factor in the shootings. Its even more ignorance to think that making this weapon harder to get wouldn't help stop this from happening again.

Will that stop it completely? No but its a start to doing something other then talking about it happening. I mean its what the 11-12 shooting in few years now? how has not doing anything working? thats right it hasn't.

---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#170Black-IszPosted 12/18/2012 8:21:51 PM(edited)
I will gladly take part in this "Ceasefire Friday." Not because I think it will make a difference or honor the dead or anything like that. I will do it because I don't care for FPS games in the first place.