Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#181poolmav2007Posted 12/18/2012 9:26:40 PM
Video games (not just mature games) can cause an increase in aggression which can lead to brief moments of violence. But acts such as these can't be analyzed.

Humans are very complicated. We are a complex web. There is not one thing in this world which defines even one of us. In this type of event; we can't even began to figure out why he did this. We're trying to figure out the irrational with rational thought. It doesn't work.

Sorry, enough said.

TC and other posters, do what you feel in your heart. But I think gamers who do not do a ceasefire are not being disrespectful.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#182gvandalePosted 12/18/2012 10:19:05 PM
Stay classy GameFaq's
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#183ReikokuNinjaPosted 12/18/2012 11:04:46 PM
People like the TC do things like this to remind themselves that they are a human being, indifferent from the victims of this tragedy. Flame him and others like him if you want, but it only shows that at least in public, you consider yourself above the human condition of compassion for others in the species. There are children with gifts under the tree that are going to be buried in the ground before Christmas and will never play with their toys or games again, this leads some members of the human ape genome to feel compassion and sympathy for their fellow ape's. Flame on if you want, but I understand the situation for what it is, and there fore support anyone division to either participate or not.

There can be no peace while everyone has a closed fist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReikokuNinja?feature=mhee
#184DutchZombiePosted 12/19/2012 3:38:52 AM
^Oh shut the hell up! I at least donated to charity to give gifts to poor kids for Christmas. What have you guys done? Not play COD for a day? Wow! You're all such great compassionate people for making yourself feel good about a tragedy because it sure doesn't help anybody else out!
#185liam_000Posted 12/19/2012 3:43:39 AM
Around 5000 children die everyday from drinking dirty water alone. I vote for a ceasefire on drinking any liquids on Friday instead.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#186CrackersTheCatPosted 12/19/2012 4:21:44 AM
Mander1861 posted...
CBrate posted...
SquigglyJustice posted...
Innocent people die around the world everyday from firearms etc, and putting the controller down for this tragic incident isn't going to help the fact that people blame videogames for these things. Maybe try and do something a bit more pro active like sign petitions for more controlled gun laws.

You do realize that the guy who committed this recent atrocity stole the guns right? Gun laws don't matter in this case, he would've taken them regardless.

You do realize if the guns weren't there to be stolen he wouldn't have the guns for this rampage?

No they dont, just move on.
They are literally that ignorant.

If I'm correct and what you are saying is that if his mom wouldn't have had the guns because of restricted laws then the kid wouldn't have stolen them, right?

Even if the mom didn't have the guns the kid still could have stolen them from somewhere else.Even if he couldn't get guns he could've used some other weapon like a knife or maybe explosives. Either way he still would've found a way to do this with guns or without. Firearms can't be blamed just because he used firearms. Sure, maybe they could put a little restriction on guns for people living with someone with a mental illness, but restrictions for everybody wouldn't be the way to go.

Oh and also something on topic, I give you credit for you posting this here TC and I think its a good thing to do for honoring the people that died.
---
Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon.
#187ish0turfac3Posted 12/19/2012 5:31:34 AM
Uhhh. No.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#188DiagnosisNinjaPosted 12/19/2012 5:34:45 AM(edited)
Are you kidding? There was absolute uproar because they turned the servers off for an hour on Call of Duty 4 for remembrance day of all things. They aren't going to be bothered when they could be padding their K/D.
---
X360 GT: Diagnosis Ninja. Play BF3; Castlevania HD, Mass Effect 3.
UK players unite!
#189ish0turfac3Posted 12/19/2012 5:37:16 AM
Mander1861 posted...
SteadfastNoob posted...
Not playing a shooter game for a day will accomplish nothing, the same as stricter gun laws will accomplish nothing since criminals don't care about laws anyway.

But the kid wasnt a criminal derp.

... he stole guns.. he killed his mom before the rampage.. not a criminal? Wow..
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#190ShadonicPosted 12/19/2012 5:50:36 AM
poolmav2007 posted...
Video games (not just mature games) can cause an increase in aggression which can lead to brief moments of violence. But acts such as these can't be analyzed.

Humans are very complicated. We are a complex web. There is not one thing in this world which defines even one of us. In this type of event; we can't even began to figure out why he did this. We're trying to figure out the irrational with rational thought. It doesn't work.

Take out the word Video, Games does exactly the same thing, how many times have we seen sporting stars do things, with thousands upon thousands of people watching them, that they've later regretted? A moment of madness is all it takes, but this madness can be brought on by nothing, or by anything.

the main issue with media is it's fixation between 'violent games make violent criminals' as opposed to the far more obvious / less sensational ' Violent criminals like violent games'

but in this case, it isn't even about what he was doing, he could've been playing tiddlywinks by himself, the biggest cause of this is his lack of connection with the outside world, and that is spawned by his seclusion from society, not what he was doing whilst secluded from it, violent imagery and such may have exacerbated it, but it isn't the root of the problem.

as far as topic goes, if it's what TC wants to do, theres nothing wrong with that, nor is there anything wrong with other people wanting to do the same, taking a day out to remind ourselves that a game is a game isn't something to poke fun of, then again nor does he profess to 'Change the world' with such a gesture, if something makes you feel better about yourself, and it's not causing harm to anyone, then do it.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?