Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#191BrownGottiPosted 12/19/2012 7:03:26 AM
So what on Saturday, it back to virtual killing as usual? Doing this is nothing more than an empty gesture to make "you" feel like you are apart of the story. Your not helping anyone by doing this!!

Also, while your not playing video games on Friday, why don't you turn off the news, movies, comic books, rap and rock music, and stop doing every other form of entertainment that gets blamed when tragedy occurs.

More people die in car accidents than gun murders every year. Perhaps I should tell my boss I'm not driving in on Friday as well.
#192JammyBauer23Posted 12/19/2012 7:12:42 AM
I saw what you wrote. What a sick thing to say after such a tragedy. Wow man.
---
RIP the truth. GT: RIP JammyDegree. Fanclub members: 0
#193NinjaDeath911Posted 12/19/2012 7:20:35 AM
ffgameman posted...
I don't believe that playing video games causes violence - it's mainly a scapegoat for larger issues.

However, I will be taking a break from Call of Duty for "Ceasefire Friday" - spend one day without playing an online shooter in honor of the Newtown victims.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413319,00.asp

No

Every time you are online, and you hear a 12-16 year old cursing up a storm, making threats, using racial slurs, that is a product of BAD PARENTING

This game is FAKE, I'm not really killing anyone, its glorified laser tag

It is up to the PARENTS to raise their kids
#194BrownGottiPosted 12/19/2012 7:20:41 AM
JammyBauer23 posted...
I saw what you wrote. What a sick thing to say after such a tragedy. Wow man.

What I said isn't sick it's the honest truth. What's sick is the news outlets capturing still photos from over 200 yards away of loved ones finding out their children are dead. What's sick is interviewing a 6 year old hours after a mass shooting just to get a bump in ratings. What sick is that guns sales are at a 10+ year high since the tragedy occurred last Friday.

But I'm wrong??
#195SECRETSQUIRRRLPosted 12/19/2012 7:21:10 AM
YoungGganon posted...
SquigglyJustice posted...
Innocent people die around the world everyday from firearms etc, and putting the controller down for this tragic incident isn't going to help the fact that people blame videogames for these things. Maybe try and do something a bit more pro active like sign petitions for more controlled gun laws.

You do realize that the guy who committed this recent atrocity stole the guns right? Gun laws don't matter in this case, he would've taken them regardless.

actually, he didn't steal the guns. the guns were his mothers, NOT locked up the right way.
#196TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/19/2012 10:29:56 AM
I wonder how many of the people acting like jackasses in this topic would be acting the same way if this discussion was being held face to face instead of on an Internet forum.

My guess is zero. Only online where ******* can hide behind a keyboard would people actually bash someone for performing any sort of compassionate and respectful gesture. It may not be much, but at least it's something. Then somebody makes a topic saying something like "CoD sucks" and you act like you want to kill him.

That alone tells me this site is full of children, either physically, mentally, or both, who are Olive Oyls in real life and Blutos online.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#197seankimberley42Posted 12/19/2012 10:55:39 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I wonder how many of the people acting like jackasses in this topic would be acting the same way if this discussion was being held face to face instead of on an Internet forum.

My guess is zero. Only online where ******* can hide behind a keyboard would people actually bash someone for performing any sort of compassionate and respectful gesture. It may not be much, but at least it's something. Then somebody makes a topic saying something like "CoD sucks" and you act like you want to kill him.

That alone tells me this site is full of children, either physically, mentally, or both, who are Olive Oyls in real life and Blutos online.

And I wonder how many of the people doing this ceasefire will then do absolutely nothing else yet feel like they contributed to something bigger than themselves. All this is, is a way to make YOURSELF feel better. It does nothing for the victims of this crime. It does nothing to change the gun laws or mental health issues. As I said before, at least someone who doesn't do this mat feel remorse or guilt at their inaction and actually go out and do something meaningful afterwards. Those that do this will have assuaged their guilt and feel like doing nothing is doing something.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#198TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/19/2012 11:00:58 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

And I wonder how many of the people doing this ceasefire will then do absolutely nothing else yet feel like they contributed to something bigger than themselves. All this is, is a way to make YOURSELF feel better. It does nothing for the victims of this crime. It does nothing to change the gun laws or mental health issues. As I said before, at least someone who doesn't do this mat feel remorse or guilt at their inaction and actually go out and do something meaningful afterwards. Those that do this will have assuaged their guilt and feel like doing nothing is doing something.

Do you bash people for participating in moments of silence too?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#199seankimberley42Posted 12/19/2012 11:09:25 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

I don't bash them, I tell them it's pointless and selfish. I also tell them to go out and do something that actually helps someone else and not their own feelings.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#200TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/19/2012 11:19:11 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

I don't bash them, I tell them it's pointless and selfish. I also tell them to go out and do something that actually helps someone else and not their own feelings.

I'm sure you do that everytime you're in a place that says the Pledge Of Allegiance
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D