Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#201seankimberley42Posted 12/19/2012 11:24:23 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
seankimberley42 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I wonder how many of the people acting like jackasses in this topic would be acting the same way if this discussion was being held face to face instead of on an Internet forum.

My guess is zero. Only online where ******* can hide behind a keyboard would people actually bash someone for performing any sort of compassionate and respectful gesture. It may not be much, but at least it's something. Then somebody makes a topic saying something like "CoD sucks" and you act like you want to kill him.

That alone tells me this site is full of children, either physically, mentally, or both, who are Olive Oyls in real life and Blutos online.

And I wonder how many of the people doing this ceasefire will then do absolutely nothing else yet feel like they contributed to something bigger than themselves. All this is, is a way to make YOURSELF feel better. It does nothing for the victims of this crime. It does nothing to change the gun laws or mental health issues. As I said before, at least someone who doesn't do this mat feel remorse or guilt at their inaction and actually go out and do something meaningful afterwards. Those that do this will have assuaged their guilt and feel like doing nothing is doing something.

Do you bash people for participating in moments of silence too?

I don't bash them, I tell them it's pointless and selfish. I also tell them to go out and do something that actually helps someone else and not their own feelings.

I'm sure you do that everytime you're in a place that says the Pledge Of Allegiance

What the hell does that have to do with what we are talking about? Oh that's right, nothing.
Let me ask you something about this ceasefire. What exactly is it hoping to accomplish? What does it do to help one single person affected by the shooting? And don't say awareness since the whole country is already aware of what happened.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#202TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/19/2012 11:29:17 AM
If you have to ask such a stupid question, you must have never said the Pledge of Allegiance.

As for what the ceasefire will accomplish, it won't accomplish a thing as far as I know. All I know is some people will do it as a gesture of compassion, kindness, and respect. Personally I won't do it because I've done things in other forms, but I'm not going to berate someone for choosing to do it. That's what adults do. Kids get on the Internet and talk ****.

Let me ask you this, what will you coming here and shoving your opinions down the participators' throats accomplish? Well, other than making you look like a rude and inconsiderate human being?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#203seankimberley42Posted 12/19/2012 11:40:49 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
If you have to ask such a stupid question, you must have never said the Pledge of Allegiance.

As for what the ceasefire will accomplish, it won't accomplish a thing as far as I know. All I know is some people will do it as a gesture of compassion, kindness, and respect. Personally I won't do it because I've done things in other forms, but I'm not going to berate someone for choosing to do it. That's what adults do. Kids get on the Internet and talk ****.

Let me ask you this, what will you coming here and shoving your opinions down the participators' throats accomplish? Well, other than making you look like a rude and inconsiderate human being?

So you admit the pledge of allegiance has nothing to do with this, that's good.

And as for compassion, kindness and respect? This is one of the most selfish ways to show it as you are literally doing nothing. It's a lazy selfish way to show respect for someone. And as I said before, it's counterproductive. By doing this (quite literally doing nothing) they make themselves feel better. By making themselves feel better, the are minimizing their chances of doing anything that actually helps anyone affected by this. But hey, you want any lazy and selfish way to show your respect, go ahead and do nothing for a day rather then doing something. That'll show em you care.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#204CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/19/2012 1:02:36 PM
YoungGganon posted...
SquigglyJustice posted...
Innocent people die around the world everyday from firearms etc, and putting the controller down for this tragic incident isn't going to help the fact that people blame videogames for these things. Maybe try and do something a bit more pro active like sign petitions for more controlled gun laws.

You do realize that the guy who committed this recent atrocity stole the guns right? Gun laws don't matter in this case, he would've taken them regardless.

actually, he didn't steal the guns. the guns were his mothers, NOT locked up the right way.

Doesn't live with his mother.
His mother's guns.
Mother's guns.
Mother's.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#205BrownGottiPosted 12/19/2012 1:25:18 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

So you admit the pledge of allegiance has nothing to do with this, that's good.

And as for compassion, kindness and respect? This is one of the most selfish ways to show it as you are literally doing nothing. It's a lazy selfish way to show respect for someone. And as I said before, it's counterproductive. By doing this (quite literally doing nothing) they make themselves feel better. By making themselves feel better, the are minimizing their chances of doing anything that actually helps anyone affected by this. But hey, you want any lazy and selfish way to show your respect, go ahead and do nothing for a day rather then doing something. That'll show em you care.

100% Agree!!!!! Could you imagine telling a parent who lost their child that you were going to stop playing video games for 24 hours in honor of their loss. If all of you in support, who feel so strongly about this issue, why don't you stop playing violent video games all together? Never play them again!!!

Oh yeah that's right. If enough people did it then actual change would occur, but no one is willing to take a stand.