Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#31fullmonty1984Posted 12/18/2012 12:03:58 PM
bcon1208 posted...
Well considering I'll be driving me and my wife to Missouri for Christmas that day, I think I will participate. On a serious note, it's honorable to do anything in your power to honor those hurt by this tragedy. Even something this simple, says so much.

What does it say? Exactly what does it say?

"I'm taking a break because a guy who i assume to mentally unstable committed a terrible crime and is now dead."

That shows respect. That shows honor.

No, it shows nothing. It shows you think you will somehow change the world with this insignificant gesture that literally means nothing. Bravo. I hope it makes you sleep better at night,.
---
"Oh we're mandos, our combat prowess is second to none blah blah blah mandos make me horny"-WesJanson
#32Lord_XandrosPosted 12/18/2012 12:04:44 PM
A guy in China slaughtered 23 school children with a knife, with his motive being something like "worlds going to end on the 21st anyway!".

But since it doesn't involve America or firearms, and couldn't be blamed on CoD or any other video games parents might not have heard of (like Assassin's Creed), it only got a small, teensy three line section right after a two page spread on an article on how CoD influenced this guy to kill his mother and these children and teachers.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#33DKryptonPosted 12/18/2012 12:05:29 PM
pauly_27 posted...
As harsh as I'm going to sound, I simply don't care.

I'm sorry for those families loss, but this has nothing to do with me.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm not going to make an impact on anybody whether I play or not.
---
GT: DiceyKrypton
#34XT3M3Posted 12/18/2012 12:05:40 PM
im sorry but this is just stupid.

by doing this we arent helping anything. the kids arent going to come back. MURDERS AROUND THE WORLD wont stop.

But hey while we are at it, how bout we dont play Assassin creed for the 22 kids who were stabbed in china? oh wait cause it didnt happen in america........

idk about you guys but i will be enjoying my friday playing the games i feel like playing
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#35forgotten0285Posted 12/18/2012 12:07:27 PM
so if i stop enjoying my weekend hobby for an evening this week 20 children are gonna come back to life? That's amazing, count me in! /sarcasm

the sad part is, if the victims of the massacre would all come back to life if everyone stopped playing Call of Duty for even a half hour it wouldnt happen. Not just because people would keep playing, but also because Activision wouldnt take it offline.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#36TheRisingSonPosted 12/18/2012 12:10:27 PM
Way too much hate for this gesture. After the Newtown massacre, I could not play Black Ops 2 that day because I just didn't have the stomach to play ANY shooting games (I played Arkham City instead).
#37ArtisticChicPosted 12/18/2012 12:15:27 PM
If anyone took the time to red the article, the guy said that sending donations to the families affected would be great. Quit being a douche to TC and those who wish to participate. YOU arent going to change their minds on the issue. If they want to participate, then they can. However, acting like a bunch of pricks because they choose to do so is unnecessary.
---
~Alexus~
#38SECRETSQUIRRRLPosted 12/18/2012 12:16:46 PM
ArtisticChic posted...
If anyone took the time to red the article, the guy said that sending donations to the families affected would be great. Quit being a douche to TC and those who wish to participate. YOU arent going to change their minds on the issue. If they want to participate, then they can. However, acting like a bunch of pricks because they choose to do so is unnecessary.

well said...kudos!
#39DerwoodPosted 12/18/2012 12:19:08 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
A guy in China slaughtered 23 school children with a knife, with his motive being something like "worlds going to end on the 21st anyway!".

If by "slaughtered" you mean "didn't kill any", then yeah, that happened
---
PSN: ZipCity
Gamertag: LightSetDesign
#40Lord_XandrosPosted 12/18/2012 12:25:25 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...

If by "slaughtered" you mean "didn't kill any", then yeah, that happened

Maybe I over-exaggerated, but it said he went on a knifing spree and stabbed an old woman, but didn't mention if any died or if they all survived.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy