Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#41heartherevengePosted 12/18/2012 12:32:32 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...
A guy in China slaughtered 23 school children with a knife, with his motive being something like "worlds going to end on the 21st anyway!".

If by "slaughtered" you mean "didn't kill any", then yeah, that happened

Maybe I over-exaggerated, but it said he went on a knifing spree and stabbed an old woman, but didn't mention if any died or if they all survived.

they all were severely injured. their lives will always be haunted by that dude. its not the same as dying... but its just as bad. they will still have nightmares, still fear going to school, their parents will fear the same thing... they will live in fear most of their lives because of it
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
#42BTM4444Posted 12/18/2012 12:33:41 PM
I mean I feel for all of the people effected by that and they have been in my prayers, but if I have time Friday, I'm going to play.
---
Gamefaqs has the worst community ever. I don't know why I still come here.
#43ffgameman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 12:36:21 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
A guy in China slaughtered 23 school children with a knife, with his motive being something like "worlds going to end on the 21st anyway!".

But since it doesn't involve America or firearms, and couldn't be blamed on CoD or any other video games parents might not have heard of (like Assassin's Creed), it only got a small, teensy three line section right after a two page spread on an article on how CoD influenced this guy to kill his mother and these children and teachers.

The last I had heard, no one died in that attack. So, no one was slaughtered.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#44Mr_Yum_YumsPosted 12/18/2012 12:44:22 PM(edited)
Lord_Xandros posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...

If by "slaughtered" you mean "didn't kill any", then yeah, that happened

Maybe I over-exaggerated, but it said he went on a knifing spree and stabbed an old woman, but didn't mention if any died or if they all survived.
Zero people died from that incident in China. Bet if he was in America he would of easily been able to get multiple guns and than it would be a slaughter.

This online shooter cease fire is just dumb and feel like it's just helping the people who say video games are part of the blame in Newtown. I hate to sound like an *** but with all the guns we have in America this isn't very uncommon. Unfortunately this cease fire will be about the only thing done after this. Our Politicians have been sold and bought. More people are buying guns now and wouldn't surprise me if another happens within a few months

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5w4G9qVuek
#45StealthClownPosted 12/18/2012 12:43:24 PM
I'll pass.
---
GT: Lenient Puddle
#46Kakashi_LawyerPosted 12/18/2012 1:04:49 PM(edited)
outlawstar289 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
This cease fire is moronic.

This is like the day of silence for that gay kid who was hung up on the gate, even though he was a little ***** that was murdered for drug related issues, he just happened to be gay

I'm sorry, but if you have kids, tell them how much you love them, not this idiotic form of protest/respect

this

What's it supposed to accomplish? "We don't think games cause violence but we're going to do this symbolic gesture that makes it look like we do"

^ These.

The ceasefire makes no sense. I am going to play my game when I feel like it. If I feel like playing it Friday then I will and anyone should if that is what they want to do.

This "Ceasefire" has nothing to do withe victims. It's like saying you won't eat a sandwich for a day because of the Sandy Hook massacre it does not honor the victims just something you and someothers will do to feel better about yourselves. If you want to help give a donaton to the families that lost a member because of tragedy.

Infact all anyone does this is showing other sick people that they can control the lives of other people from across the world if they go on a shooting spree. Things like this, calling the Aurora shooter "The Joker"(Which is what he wanted btw.), and the way the media talking about these guys lives like celebrities turn them into anti heroes for other disturbed people and vindicate their idea of making themselves be remembered through the slaughter of other human beings.
#47CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 12:51:12 PM
A meaningless gesture from people being hypocritical. They say they don't believe video games caused it but condemn the people for playing it. Also, the guy didn't even own the weapons himself. How the **** is changing gun laws going to change that? Mentally disabled people already have problems getting guns in many parts of the country. The whole point of the matter is he would have gotten a gun one way or another. The Chinese guy attacking the people just goes to show you that a gun is not needed to inflict serious bodily harm. I for one would rather have more people carry guns to help stop rash incidents like this. If an officer had been at that school who could say how that day would have ended? I believe a trained official could easily have stopped said intruder and maybe have saved some lives. If a teacher had a handgun in his/her desk could that have changed it? If the teachers had been trained to react in such an emergency better I could almost guarantee more lives would have been saved. The point is everyone needs to grow from this and stop condemning something that has nothing to do with the incident.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#48CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 12:52:59 PM
outlawstar289 posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
This cease fire is moronic.

This is like the day of silence for that gay kid who was hung up on the gate, even though he was a little ***** that was murdered for drug related issues, he just happened to be gay

I'm sorry, but if you have kids, tell them how much you love them, not this idiotic form of protest/respect

this

What's it supposed to accomplish? "We don't think games cause violence but we're going to do this symbolic gesture that makes it look like we do"

^ These.

The ceasefire makes no sense. I am going to play my game when I feel like it. If I feel like playing it Friday then I will. Infact all you guys are doing is showing other sick people that they can control other's lives of people from across the world if they go on a shooting spree. Things like this, calling the Aurora shooter "The Joker", and the way the media talking about these guys lives like celebrities turn them into anti heroes for other disturbed people and vindicate their idea of making themselves be remembered through murder.

The media is the thing that causes the issues in this country. Shows like The View or The Talk spread so much misinformation about guns and the perpetrators themselves that they should be cancelled.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#49morgul12Posted 12/18/2012 1:01:17 PM
ffgameman posted...
I realize what the real issues are, but there isn't much I can do to change them. Our society's fascination with guns....

Stopped reading right here. The last comment quoted above is a dead giveaway as to this guy's political affiliation.
---
You know, when Jesus died, it took him 3 days to respawn; that's what I call lag.
#50heartherevengePosted 12/18/2012 1:05:51 PM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
A meaningless gesture from people being hypocritical. They say they don't believe video games caused it but condemn the people for playing it. Also, the guy didn't even own the weapons himself. How the **** is changing gun laws going to change that? Mentally disabled people already have problems getting guns in many parts of the country. The whole point of the matter is he would have gotten a gun one way or another. The Chinese guy attacking the people just goes to show you that a gun is not needed to inflict serious bodily harm. I for one would rather have more people carry guns to help stop rash incidents like this. If an officer had been at that school who could say how that day would have ended? I believe a trained official could easily have stopped said intruder and maybe have saved some lives. If a teacher had a handgun in his/her desk could that have changed it? If the teachers had been trained to react in such an emergency better I could almost guarantee more lives would have been saved. The point is everyone needs to grow from this and stop condemning something that has nothing to do with the incident.

we need to grow even from the China incident. because that could happen in America as well. after 9/11 they put locks on the doors, in my HS we would run drills once a month called "intruder" drills, where we would stand away from the door so nobody could see us(with the lights off) to make it look like nobody was in that class. my one teacher kept a baseball bat too. training needs to be done in elementary schools, more than HS because those kids cant protect themselves from an intruder like most HS students
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge