Ceasefire Friday in honor of Newtown

#61Solstice_Posted 12/18/2012 12:48:55 PM
Is this an actual national event? And if so is it specifically geared towards online shooters?
---
No, no, the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Black Ops II/Tekken Tag 2/Skyrim
#62TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/18/2012 12:53:09 PM
Leave it to the Gfaqs keyboard commandos to shoot someone down for using their own way to pay their respects to the victims. You don't have to agree with it, but don't berate them for it. Candlelight vigils and things like that don't do anything to solve the problem either, but people still do them. Just let them be if you don't want to participate, or does that require more maturity than what is typically seen here?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#63TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/18/2012 12:57:04 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
I hate stuff like this. People die everyday but just because it was a bunch of kids this time it's a super for really reals national tragedy? Come on. I'll just keep on not letting it effect my life outside of feeling sorry for the parents.

What a heartless person you are. Do yourself a favor and never say that to anyone in real life, you're liable to get knocked the **** out by anyone who is a parent.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#64Akiba69Posted 12/18/2012 12:57:59 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Leave it to the Gfaqs keyboard commandos to shoot someone down for using their own way to pay their respects to the victims. You don't have to agree with it, but don't berate them for it. Candlelight vigils and things like that don't do anything to solve the problem either, but people still do them. Just let them be if you don't want to participate, or does that require more maturity than what is typically seen here?

Gonna hold a ceasefire every time a kid gets blown up from a drone too? If so, you won't be playing much games at all.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#65CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 12:59:24 PM

A good chunk of them aren't criticizing them for that reason. It is the fact that tc is advocating the banning of guns. You need to read the between the lines to see it.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#66LenneValkiryePosted 12/18/2012 1:04:10 PM
Videogames are not directly responsible but they sure as hell desinsibilize people when it comes to this subject.
The amount of people opposing to the guns ban because "they're cool" is frightening.
#67Akiba69Posted 12/18/2012 1:05:06 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
I hate stuff like this. People die everyday but just because it was a bunch of kids this time it's a super for really reals national tragedy? Come on. I'll just keep on not letting it effect my life outside of feeling sorry for the parents.

What a heartless person you are. Do yourself a favor and never say that to anyone in real life, you're liable to get knocked the **** out by anyone who is a parent.

How is what he said heartless and wrong? He spoke the truth, truth in which i can relate. People do die every day. The only reason why you and a lot of other people are giving this attention is because it is being given attention by the media and thrown in everyone's face constantly. Truth is this isn't out of the ordinary nor is it special. If this happened in another country, say Pakistan, which just this week had a suicide bombing, you wouldn't care half as much as you do because of this. This doesn't effect my life, nor does it effect his. Though he does go on to say how he feels sorry for their parents. So please, explain to me what exactly he did wrong?
This is no different than kids being killed in a drone strike. The only difference it perspective.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#68CaffeineSnorterPosted 12/18/2012 1:09:31 PM
Videogames are not directly responsible but they sure as hell desinsibilize people when it comes to this subject.
The amount of people opposing to the guns ban because "they're cool" is frightening.

Many people actually use guns as a tool. To hunt with and to protect ourselves. Many people enjoy hunting or target shooting. It is a great hobby. Maybe you should check out a gun forum and get away from video game forums and it might change your opinion because it is a little biased right now.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#69MegaCubanPosted 12/18/2012 1:12:24 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
A guy in China slaughtered 23 school children with a knife, with his motive being something like "worlds going to end on the 21st anyway!".

But since it doesn't involve America or firearms, and couldn't be blamed on CoD or any other video games parents might not have heard of (like Assassin's Creed), it only got a small, teensy three line section right after a two page spread on an article on how CoD influenced this guy to kill his mother and these children and teachers.

Or maybe the chinese gov/media have at least half a mind to not "glorify" the killer with 24 hour coverage plastering his face everywhere. But they need them ratings...
---
"Your coffee is terribly nasty"
#70kasbianPosted 12/18/2012 1:21:09 PM
I won't be taking part but It doesn't mean I don't feel for the families of those people who died.

Being British perhaps It's not a close to home as it is to yanks , but I don't think this ceasefire is a good idea as it will reinforce to people that video games were to blame(why have a ceasefire otherwise?) perhaps I'm missing the point, but I read a silly article in a British paper today plastered with BO2 photos which I felt a misrepresentation .

I do hope America look at tightening gun laws , I mean as a Brit I find it ridiculous that you can look on the Walmart website and buy a freakin assault rifle!! I mean Britian had a grenade attack in my city this year murdering innocents and police officers! However going everyone easy access to weapons is asking for trouble when people suffer from a mental sickness.

Also bottom line I feel that things like this ceasefire fuel the media fire which could encourage future incidents as it glamorises it and killers will seethe attention.

But respect to those who don't play , everyone has their own way to show tribute+ let's hope in the future the term "school shooting " will not as common as it is today.

/blogfaqs
---
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12