If you quit out of a game that you didn't join in progress

#31supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:56:26 PM
rufusdared posted...
So if I am in a game and I keep dying in 1 shot, or shot around corners, or I dump a hole clip in someone just to have them knife me

You're describing almost every game. So yeah, if you're part of the reason the other team has streaks up then you better stick around to either shoot it down or take the beating.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#32JVel91Posted 12/20/2012 12:01:18 AM
Speaking of this. Joel go look at one of my clips I edited it was with you. I defended the B flag like a boss and the last guy I killed got turned on and rage quit.

lmfao GSO!
---
EMS
#33HeartlessCharmsPosted 12/20/2012 12:03:05 AM
JVel91 posted...
Speaking of this. Joel go look at one of my clips I edited it was with you. I defended the B flag like a boss and the last guy I killed got turned on and rage quit.

lmfao GSO!

He straight took the trash out.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#34JVel91Posted 12/20/2012 12:08:28 AM
HeartlessCharms posted...
JVel91 posted...

lmfao GSO!

He straight took the trash out.

L

M

F

A

O
---
EMS
#35Q27Posted 12/20/2012 12:13:45 AM
No. It's Call Of Duty. If there is insane lag or I'm my whole team is leaving or whatever other nonsense, I'm leaving.
If I'm leaving I'm leaving. Which I don't do often. In fact I do it so little that when I do it feels strange & jars me a bit.
So no.
#36jaoman9Posted 12/20/2012 1:44:03 AM
Im not gonna break my disk in half because i wanna play with my friends
#37BTzzPosted 12/20/2012 2:01:32 AM
I think this illustrates part of the hypocrisy we tend to have as people who play this game more than normal.

Is it that big of a deal if someone who's playing by themselves backs out when against a party that's clearly going to win? Obviously winning isn't everything, but it's tough to envision a situation when that's fun for someone. Let them back out. It's their enjoyment they should be concerned with, not yours. That's why they're playing the game in the first place.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#38gucciburrrPosted 12/20/2012 2:23:17 AM
gunho7 posted...
The game needs to start actualy rewarding players who stay in games and punshing those who leave.

For those who stay, match bonuses should be bigger, and the matchmaking should only put them in games with other people who don't leave often.

For those who quit. please, make the consequences ridiculous, -10,000 exp, and only put them in games with other people who leave, therefore making their experience terrible because they have ruined so many good games of mine.

You want people who stay to be rewarded? That's cool. Having people punished for leaving is asinine. You don't implement a punishment system when you have a game with the worst netcode available. You better believe that the atrocious lag and abysmal matchmaking causes many of people to quit. That is 100% the developer's fault who should have enough sense to not dish out punishment over incompetence on their end. Let's talk about punishing quitters when this game ceases to run like a launch title from seven years ago....
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#39anthracite919Posted 12/20/2012 5:43:42 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
gunho7 posted...
The game needs to start actualy rewarding players who stay in games and punshing those who leave.

For those who stay, match bonuses should be bigger, and the matchmaking should only put them in games with other people who don't leave often.

For those who quit. please, make the consequences ridiculous, -10,000 exp, and only put them in games with other people who leave, therefore making their experience terrible because they have ruined so many good games of mine.

Tell others to stop creating lag with their awful connections and I wouldn't quit. The matchmaking system in this game is programmed so poorly that it continues to put me and my excellent internet connection in games with an awful host. That's why I quit and it has nothing to do with me doing bad. Treyarch or any company for that matter has no right to punish a player for quitting until they can ensure I'm put into a game that has not already started and one that has 0% chance of lagging. Until these companies can figure this out than your idea is a bunch of bull****.

I find it very hard to believe that it's everybody elses fault, and not yours. If it was 1 out of 5 games with bad lag, maybe. But you're saying ALL your games are absolutely terrible. If it is indeed that unplayable, sounds like the problem is on your end.

I think a better solution would be to implement a system like DoTA 2. Instead of XP loss, repeatedly leaving a game puts you in a Leaver queue, making it longer for you to join the next game. No XP loss, as that is too harsh. But the amount of dashboarders ruining games is ridiculous. Also ruins your replay last time I checked.

For that person who mentioned "fun", I think BTzzz, although I understand your POV, it goes both ways. If a team had a chance at winning and a teammate or two ups and leaves, it ruins it for them too. With that mentality, everyone would leave their game the moment the lead is lost.
#40Silver17Posted 12/20/2012 6:00:08 AM
BTzz posted...
I think this illustrates part of the hypocrisy we tend to have as people who play this game more than normal.

Is it that big of a deal if someone who's playing by themselves backs out when against a party that's clearly going to win? Obviously winning isn't everything, but it's tough to envision a situation when that's fun for someone. Let them back out. It's their enjoyment they should be concerned with, not yours. That's why they're playing the game in the first place.

^ IMO it is a big deal.

When Captain Butthurt quits, it creates an open spot on that team that usually gets filled. How fair is it that the next guy that jumps in has to become the "clean-up crew" (or a Killstreak punching bag) because the previous guy became too "teary eyed" to play?

I mean if somebody is joining up with their friends that's one thing. However if they are leaving because they created a mess and now don't want to deal with it, that's another...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)