If you quit out of a game that you didn't join in progress

#41EvilMeatBallNLPosted 12/20/2012 6:01:52 AM
Timmotheuss posted...
gunho7 posted...
The game needs to start actualy rewarding players who stay in games and punshing those who leave.

For those who stay, match bonuses should be bigger, and the matchmaking should only put them in games with other people who don't leave often.

For those who quit. please, make the consequences ridiculous, -10,000 exp, and only put them in games with other people who leave, therefore making their experience terrible because they have ruined so many good games of mine.

There should be bonus XP for finishing consecutive matches in a row, which is reset upon leaving.

This.
---
What's it like to have a robot ass?I mean, that's the only logical reason for an EMP nade to make you so butthurt right?
#42DawgwoodPosted 12/20/2012 6:15:13 AM
I will leave at the drop of a hat if I'm on a team that won't push up in objective modes.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#43_HahaaE_Posted 12/20/2012 6:26:33 AM
Implementing a punishing system for leaving is stupid. This game has more lag and BS than any other COD. If I unload half a SMG clip into someone (which I shouldn't have to do), and about half of the bullets register when they're all on target, it really pisses me off. When this keeps happening I just leave. If it happens in the next lobby I leave that and put in MW2, which runs perfectly.
---
MKSC: 27 WR's :: SC World Champion
SMB3 GBA: 21 WR's
#44mallowPosted 12/20/2012 6:39:02 AM
i play solo ground war all the time. if i quit out because things were going badly for my team, i wouldn't be able to stay in games much
---
I am the truth in boldface style
my gold laced crown don't move until my soul lays down
#45Sputnik1337Posted 12/20/2012 6:50:24 AM
^ IMO it is a big deal.

Not for the reason you seem to think it is.

It does represents a serious flaw in the matchmaking process thats existed for years though. There needs to be much higher weighting (if it exists at all) for matching parties of equal size.
---
z
#46arghhhhPosted 12/20/2012 7:09:41 AM
BTzz posted...
I think this illustrates part of the hypocrisy we tend to have as people who play this game more than normal.

Is it that big of a deal if someone who's playing by themselves backs out when against a party that's clearly going to win? Obviously winning isn't everything, but it's tough to envision a situation when that's fun for someone. Let them back out. It's their enjoyment they should be concerned with, not yours. That's why they're playing the game in the first place.

^ IMO it is a big deal.

When Captain Butthurt quits, it creates an open spot on that team that usually gets filled. How fair is it that the next guy that jumps in has to become the "clean-up crew" (or a Killstreak punching bag) because the previous guy became too "teary eyed" to play?

I mean if somebody is joining up with their friends that's one thing. However if they are leaving because they created a mess and now don't want to deal with it, that's another...

They leave because they're not having fun, end of...its a f**king game, if the game had a decent matchmaking system and stopped putting randoms against a party or bad against good players then you might not have this problem.

To be fair, you rarely see topics from bad players complaining about being matched against good players. First few weeks after the games release some of the so called 'good' players of the board were complaining that the matchmaking system was putting them up against players of a similar 'skill' level and it was ruining their fun because they couldn't s**t all over them like they would bad opposition.
Then you get complaint topics like this. Its clear to see who the 'butthurt' ones are.
---
Con=1, Skill=0, Bad=0
#47RapaleemanPosted 12/20/2012 7:52:16 AM
arghhhh posted...

They leave because they're not having fun, end of...its a f**king game, if the game had a decent matchmaking system and stopped putting randoms against a party or bad against good players then you might not have this problem.

To be fair, you rarely see topics from bad players complaining about being matched against good players. First few weeks after the games release some of the so called 'good' players of the board were complaining that the matchmaking system was putting them up against players of a similar 'skill' level and it was ruining their fun because they couldn't s**t all over them like they would bad opposition.
Then you get complaint topics like this. Its clear to see who the 'butthurt' ones are.

Holy crap. I thought I was the only one that clearly know who the true problematic people in this game/community are. Someone else actually knows what's up.

Seriously. I play to have fun. Not make stupid youtube videos for money or try to be some amazing pro gamer then go online and brag about it. It's people like the TC and their elitist attitudes that ruin a lot of the fun for me.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#48zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/20/2012 10:18:53 AM
I think this illustrates part of the hypocrisy we tend to have as people who play this game more than normal.

Is it that big of a deal if someone who's playing by themselves backs out when against a party that's clearly going to win? Obviously winning isn't everything, but it's tough to envision a situation when that's fun for someone. Let them back out. It's their enjoyment they should be concerned with, not yours. That's why they're playing the game in the first place.

Sadly enough, I find myself agreeing.

If I know I'm not going to win and I'm just getting frustrated playing against a party, I'm going to back the f*** out.

Is it frustrating when 6 non-partied players on the enemy team do it? Yes. Can I really blame them for not staying in the game and getting pummeled? No.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K @4.44GHz || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || Samsung 840 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#49supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 11:10:44 AM
BTzz posted...

It has nothing to do with being in a party because it happens just as often when I play solo or just me and steven in ground war. Full parties routinely quit.

arghhhh posted...

It has nothing to do with good vs good or everyone having good connections. The very moment you call in a loadstar/vtol/dogs/swarm(sometimes even just a VSAT or warthog), regardless of the skill level of the people you're playing, everyone dashboards or quits. Every single effing time. Doesn't matter if i'm playing solo ground war against a full party. They back out. Every time.

I've stated on multiple occasions that I don't have a problem with playing "good" players if they'd actually stay in games and take their beatings when they deserve it. It just doesn't happen. Most people only have good stats because they don't play for the win or they back out whenever they face a challenge. It's sad.

Rapaleeman posted...
Holy crap. I thought I was the only one that clearly know who the true problematic people in this game/community are. Someone else actually knows what's up.

Seriously. I play to have fun. Not make stupid youtube videos for money or try to be some amazing pro gamer then go online and brag about it. It's people like the TC and their elitist attitudes that ruin a lot of the fun for me.

I don't have an elitist attitude. No idea what you're talking about dude. I don't play to make youtube videos or be some pro gamer, and I doubt you've been here long. I'm not one to brag much.

I play to have fun too, it's not fun whatsoever to play hide and seek for a 10 minute game of domination because there's 2 people on the other team the entire game.

Dawgwood posted...
I will leave at the drop of a hat if I'm on a team that won't push up in objective modes.

Randoms do this in nearly every game. If you're lucky you get 1-2 competent teammates. That's it.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#50KunosachiakaPosted 12/20/2012 11:19:34 AM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Sadly enough, I find myself agreeing.

If I know I'm not going to win and I'm just getting frustrated playing against a party, I'm going to back the f*** out.

Is it frustrating when 6 non-partied players on the enemy team do it? Yes. Can I really blame them for not staying in the game and getting pummeled? No.

But you back out when you're in a party yourself.

On topic with the "If you're not having fun you shouldn't have to stay" subject, quitting is just poor sportsmanship. It's not like they just joined, whether in progress or at the start of a match and noticed the connection's really bad for them so they quit. They keep getting slaughtered over and over then when the enemy pulls up a high killstreak, they quit not only denying that person the kills they should be getting from that killstreak they most-likely earned, but also damning someone to join the game in progress and take the blow for them.

If you're not having fun anymore, but you played the game longer than 1 minute, just realize you aren't gonna win, man up, and stick it out. Just keep playing relaxed, see if you can turn the tides, if not then oh well at least you hung in there.

The only exception to this is if you're done playing the game. If you dont want to play the game anymore then yeah, nothing's forcing you to stay, just quit. But dont quit to go try and find weaker competition after you just got your ass handed to you.