i urge u to sell violent videos games like this game, call of duty

#171Ertrick36Posted 12/21/2012 9:18:09 PM
Whatever, this whole discussion will solve nothing. Everyone will just be stubborn and not listen to each other. We'll solve nothing, and then move on... Sad, really... It's almost as if those kids died for nothing...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#172CaliberChampPosted 12/21/2012 9:34:35 PM
Video games have turned into a scape goat to put less bad parenting and blaming on gun ownership which the NRA wants to do and they pay politicians to support them. I do agree though that these kids are too young to be playing "M" rated games like what they have in their collection. Bad parents buy these games if they don't follow the ratings. If these kids were 17 and older, I bet they wouldn't be doing this.
The only way to solve the gun violence is to ban non-hunting guns. There's no need for heavy duty assault rifles that are semi automatic or worse, those guns are used for mass killings. And I have no idea why people feel safe having a tool of death in their home, when some relative that may be mentally ill or is on medication or drugs can turn him from a sane person to an insane person and turn your own guns on you. People just like having entitlements of being a gun owner, and its a piss poor reason for personal protection in case a horde of zombies or the goverment miltia attacks. Please... morons... think. If the government miltia really wanted to kill you there would be 20 assault rifles pointing at you with only one assault rifle (yours) pointing at them. You'll obviously lose either way.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#173nuschler2212Posted 12/21/2012 9:47:50 PM
Hello TC

You have absolutely no reason to post on this hoard again as you will be selling your game.

I wish you well.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#174nuschler2212Posted 12/21/2012 9:50:38 PM
FYI

Nobody played anything violent fifty to a hundred years ago.

Nobody played army shooting their friends or cowboys and indians.

And fifty to a hundred years ago it was so very difficult to lock up the mentally unstable compared to how easy it is today.

Wait.

None of those things are true.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#175Ertrick36Posted 12/21/2012 9:53:27 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Video games have turned into a scape goat to put less bad parenting and blaming on gun ownership which the NRA wants to do and they pay politicians to support them. I do agree though that these kids are too young to be playing "M" rated games like what they have in their collection. Bad parents buy these games if they don't follow the ratings. If these kids were 17 and older, I bet they wouldn't be doing this.
The only way to solve the gun violence is to ban non-hunting guns. There's no need for heavy duty assault rifles that are semi automatic or worse, those guns are used for mass killings. And I have no idea why people feel safe having a tool of death in their home, when some relative that may be mentally ill or is on medication or drugs can turn him from a sane person to an insane person and turn your own guns on you. People just like having entitlements of being a gun owner, and its a piss poor reason for personal protection in case a horde of zombies or the goverment miltia attacks. Please... morons... think. If the government miltia really wanted to kill you there would be 20 assault rifles pointing at you with only one assault rifle (yours) pointing at them. You'll obviously lose either way.

Well, I think the shooter was a full adult (in his early twenties), but I know what you mean. And hell, I think the same thing you described with the "mentally ill... [turning] your own guns on you" was the same exact thing that happened to the shooter's mother (or maybe it was that he just killed her and then took her assault rifle). And I would almost agree with an assault weapon ban if it weren't for the fact that the assault weapons would still be in large circulation. They would all be illegally obtained, though (and less accessible too), but still in circulation. Between the U.S. armed forces and the police, there are plenty of semi-automatic handguns and fully-automatic rifles in circulation. I definitely think that owning a gun has its risks, and assault weapons are not really much good for anything other than mindless fun or fighting a war (or zombies, though I'd prefer a shotgun, which isn't an assault weapon when it's pump-action/double barrel/lever-action). But I don't think an assault weapon ban would work. Bill Clinton tried it, and from that moment to the last year it was in place, there was no measurable difference of assault weapon violence. That makes me very apathetic about another assault weapon ban...

But that's just what I think. Clearly, according to HeartlessCharms, I'm just stupid, so you don't have to listen to my opinion (which is kind of backed up by facts) if you don't want to.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#176Ertrick36Posted 12/21/2012 9:55:26 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
FYI

And fifty to a hundred years ago it was so very difficult to lock up the mentally unstable compared to how easy it is today.

Wait.

And yet, everything is permitted... at least in America...
---
#177Ertrick36Posted 12/21/2012 9:58:24 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
FYI

Wait.

Sorry for the crappy Assassins Creed pun... it has no place in the world of the internet, where debates apparently matter and everyone's extremely sensitive about what you say...
---
#178nuschler2212Posted 12/21/2012 9:58:33 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
FYI

Wait.

Your post makes no sense.

What's permitted?

What does that have to do with my points?

Guns were just as readily available including assault rifles fifty to a hundred years ago. In fact it was easier to get an automatic weapon.

Kids played violent games albeit it not video games. Instead they shot each other with BB guns and toy guns.

So what's your point exactly?
---
#179Ertrick36Posted 12/21/2012 10:00:21 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
Ertrick36 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
FYI

Wait.

Your post makes no sense.

What's permitted?

What does that have to do with my points?

Guns were just as readily available including assault rifles fifty to a hundred years ago. In fact it was easier to get an automatic weapon.

Kids played violent games albeit it not video games. Instead they shot each other with BB guns and toy guns.

So what's your point exactly?

Assassin's Creed... You wouldn't understand unless you played it... I was not aiming to make any point whatsoever with that s***** pun...
---
#180nuschler2212Posted 12/21/2012 10:00:29 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
Ertrick36 posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
FYI

Wait.

Sorry for the crappy Assassins Creed pun... it has no place in the world of the internet, where debates apparently matter and everyone's extremely sensitive about what you say...

You're mistaking sensitive with confused at a bewildering comment.

Why would I know anything about AC by the way? This is call of duty.
---