In Call of Duty, defense is the best offense

#11Vincent729Posted 12/21/2012 7:39:01 PM
Your strategy would work in a slow paced gamemode like SnD. It definitely wouldn't work in HQ or HP though.
---
GT= Run x Vindex
#12matrix0523Posted 12/21/2012 7:39:08 PM
Mander1861 posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Mander1861 posted...
But the attacker always has the advantage in chess?
Confuzzled now.

not true
the best think ahead then prepare
thinking and preparing ahead is defending, because nothing has yet occurred

the attacker loses, because he fails to see what his opponent's think
he just blindly goes forward

Lolno.
Why do you think peeps roll for attackers?Attackers dictate the pace and defenders are forced to respond.
Stick to be a semi pro at COD because my cat would beat you at chess.

You're taking the chess comparison too seriously.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good competitive player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#13eddiethemcPosted 12/21/2012 7:40:04 PM
This is true in games like risk, but in this game the advantage goes to the player (barring connection troubles) who is best prepared for the encounter, sometimes this is the defender but sometimes this goes to the attacker. if you're waiting in a room for someone to come in from 2 entrances but the attacker is expecting you to be exactly where you are, he will know exactly where you will be and when he will come around the corner. In this case, the advantage goes to the attacker.

The main advantage is of surprise. Flanking and camping have that in common, the only problem is when someone camping, or "aggressively defending a single area" and you don't expect them to be there, for instance, bad spawns or someone lying down on a table in the conference room, haha.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#14NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 7:40:38 PM
Everything I say is from the viewpoint of Team Deathmatch or Kill Confirmed, which I wouldn't call slow paced, it's the spawns I've adapted to.
#15NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 7:44:11 PM
eddiethemc posted...
This is true in games like risk, but in this game the advantage goes to the player (barring connection troubles) who is best prepared for the encounter, sometimes this is the defender but sometimes this goes to the attacker. if you're waiting in a room for someone to come in from 2 entrances but the attacker is expecting you to be exactly where you are, he will know exactly where you will be and when he will come around the corner. In this case, the advantage goes to the attacker.

The main advantage is of surprise. Flanking and camping have that in common, the only problem is when someone camping, or "aggressively defending a single area" and you don't expect them to be there, for instance, bad spawns or someone lying down on a table in the conference room, haha.

Like I described, passive aggressor
They don't really attack, just intercept.
But they definitely do defend.

When a VSAT is up, what do you do?
You intercept the enemy, or a defend an area you see the enemy traveling towards

Even without a VSAT, it works the same
Everyone has different tendencies, but overtime you'll have an invisible percentage over what happens in what situations, and base your next move off that

If you're always trying to attack, no matter what, you'll get rear ended hard
#16CobraKingKillerPosted 12/21/2012 8:09:21 PM
In order to do well in this game, you need the best connection.
---
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
- Tyler Durden
#17Mander1861Posted 12/21/2012 8:17:07 PM
matrix0523 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
NarutoTaio posted...
Mander1861 posted...
But the attacker always has the advantage in chess?
Confuzzled now.

not true
the best think ahead then prepare
thinking and preparing ahead is defending, because nothing has yet occurred

the attacker loses, because he fails to see what his opponent's think
he just blindly goes forward

Lolno.
Why do you think peeps roll for attackers?Attackers dictate the pace and defenders are forced to respond.
Stick to be a semi pro at COD because my cat would beat you at chess.

You're taking the chess comparison too seriously.

Yep busted again taking this board too seriously.
Man I gotta realize this is just a game board.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.