I've yet to run into a single person using a shotgun that was legitimately good

#11White_Knight_01Posted 12/21/2012 10:38:16 PM
the same can be said for any class of weapon in cod. if you're good you can do well with any weapon. if you're bad then you're cannon fodder and they only manage to kill you because you made a mistake.
---
XBL - White Knight 01 ---- STEAM - white_knight_64
1000+ karma at last XD
#12fatclemenzaPosted 12/21/2012 10:39:27 PM
I always go 70+ kills in dom with a full party. Overall k/d is a 3.82. 870 k/d is a 4.07.

That makes it slightly less impressive.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#13LoshadtPosted 12/21/2012 10:40:48 PM
I succeed just fine with an AR.......

and I succeed with an LMG. My point is that SMGs outperform both 99% of the time.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#14RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/21/2012 10:41:28 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I always go 70+ kills in dom with a full party. Overall k/d is a 3.82. 870 k/d is a 4.07.

And the fact he's running shotty makes it even more less impressive.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#15RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/21/2012 10:42:25 PM
Loshadt posted...
I succeed just fine with an AR.......

and I succeed with an LMG. My point is that SMGs outperform both 99% of the time.

what? lol

Exaggerate much
---
#16nuschler2212Posted 12/21/2012 10:42:35 PM
Isaac. Are we still buddies?

I agree with the topic.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#17Centium76Posted 12/21/2012 10:46:08 PM
I run KSG primarily and 870 on smaller maps. I rarely score under top 5 in every match.

It has nothing to do with being "good enough with other guns". I'll run an AR or SMG all day, but I prefer the challenge of a shotgun.

AR's and SMG's have the advantage of range and rate of fire. If you can see me further than 15 yards, you can hit me and possibly kill me. I can't do that with a shotgun. This forces me to play smarter and keep focused on my surroundings. Even the KSG has it's limits, and if I miss you with my first shot, it's most likely game over for me.

Since the maps on BO2 are so claustrophobic, shotguns have a HUGE advantage in the area of twitch-fire. You can't go more than 25 feet without being surprised by an enemy popping up from nowhere. While your spray and pray tactic struggles to get your 3-4 bullet kill, I've already downed you with buckshot to the face. If you ask me, using anything other than a wide spread one-shot kill weapon is putting yourself at a disadvantage in the cramped areas of the maps. Obviously, this does not apply to engagements further than 15 to 20 yards where the 870 is useless and the KSG requires pinpoint accuracy.

You can piss and moan about shotguns all you want. In the end it's about preference and skill with that particular weapon. If they suck with a shotgun, then why are you complaining? Go kill him and call it a day.
#18Made_of_failPosted 12/21/2012 10:47:26 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
fatclemenza posted...

@fatboy Yeah but hey, you basically can't play dom with 5 other randoms.

@whatevername Fact is, I'd wreck you with any gun, using a shotgun all these years has honed my aim to the extreme. Add to the fact I probably have more map awareness than 98% of the people playing cod, it wouldn't matter if I was using a shotgun or not. Fact is, the 870 is merely average. Spas 12 from MW2, Blops, and MW3 all have better range. Usas is better. Striker is better. Hell even the W1200 is better imo. I don't get why you children complain so much about an average shotgun. What you should complain about is the maps, they cater too much to CQC.

I'm done.
---
<3 TGZ
#19fatclemenzaPosted 12/21/2012 10:49:41 PM

Oh I won't argue that, its just you would die a lot more without a full party winning gunfights on your flanks and likely putting up VSATs twice a match each.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#20RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/21/2012 11:13:20 PM
Made_of_fail posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
fatclemenza posted...

@whatevername Fact is, I'd wreck you with any gun, using a shotgun all these years has honed my aim to the extreme. Add to the fact I probably have more map awareness than 98% of the people playing cod, it wouldn't matter if I was using a shotgun or not. Fact is, the 870 is merely average. Spas 12 from MW2, Blops, and MW3 all have better range. Usas is better. Striker is better. Hell even the W1200 is better imo. I don't get why you children complain so much about an average shotgun. What you should complain about is the maps, they cater too much to CQC.

I'm done.

LMAO at aiming shotguns part
---