I've yet to run into a single person using a shotgun that was legitimately good

#41Peoples8201Posted 12/21/2012 11:56:55 PM
I used my first shotgun in FFA and went 30-7. It was the level with the long alley on one side and the construction site on the other. I normally go close to even though so whatever.
---
Currently Serving: United States Air Force (Sensor Operator: Predators)
#42P3rrydPlatypusPosted 12/21/2012 11:59:12 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
J2DK posted...

I think the aim the earlier poster was talking about was that you cannot miss a shot. If you miss or have slow reflexes, you lose.

I understand Shotguns take some aim. By that I mean as long as you aim within 25% of your TV screen you will land a shot. As appose to landing 3-8 bullets with an AR or SMG in a very accurate pinpoint line.

Remembering the good old days in GoldenEye am I right YELA lolz

I will admit there is some true to this. I also rarely find a skillful shotgun user (I will admit I will find one occasionally who does a good job of dictating the fight to their advantage) so I mainly try to keep some distance in the confrontation to give me the edge with my AR, SMG.
---
I will refuse to take this sig down until the Texans win the Superbowl
#43duericPosted 12/22/2012 12:01:57 AM
I've never run into anyone legitimately good.

Until I can play against myself, it will never happen.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#44AngelicTouch99Posted 12/22/2012 12:09:32 AM(edited)
I'm not sure how you cant do good with the R870. I almost got got a third EMP on kill confirmed the last time I used R870 on Drone. If someone cant do well with the R870 they just suck.

I dont doubt that there are alot of bad shotgun users, but its so good I dont believe TC that he is yet to run into a guy who doesnt go negative with it.
#45supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:20:02 AM(edited)
AngelicTouch99 posted...
I'm not sure how you cant do good with the R870. I almost got got a third EMP on kill confirmed the last time I used R870 on Drone. If someone cant do well with the R870 they just suck.

I dont doubt that there are alot of bad shotgun users, but its so good I dont believe TC that he is yet to run into a guy who doesnt go negative with it.

I played one full team using 870's and tac inserts in league play about a month ago. They pushed our **** in lol. Those are the only people i've ever seen do decent with it. And it was only because of the tac inserts.

edit: it was hardpoint on hijacked >_>
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#46duericPosted 12/22/2012 12:21:20 AM
supercoolisaac posted...

I played one full team using 870's and tac inserts in league play about a month ago. They pushed our **** in lol. Those are the only people i've ever seen do decent with it. And it was only because of the tac inserts.

I was there. I can confirm this. However, that was Hijacked and I still won't give them credit. We just underestimated the s*** out of them.

The only map I use the shotty on is Hijacked because everybody uses it.

That's the main issue I have with it. The only counter is the same gun. It sucks when you HAVE to use it to compete. Note: Any shotty users that say I'm exaggerating with this statement, should think twice.

It's by far and away the gun I've been killed by most.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#47GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/22/2012 12:38:44 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
agree 100%

This is true for almost all games not just COD. Guys who are bad with pretty much all other weapons migrate to the shotgun because it atleast gives them a chance at getting some 1 shot kills and not having to be great at aiming while doing it.

Nobody is bad with SMGs. A thumbless premature baby could go positive with SMGs. They're simultaneously the definition of 'pray and spray' and 'jack of all trades.'
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#48Faust_8Posted 12/22/2012 12:38:52 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Faust_8 posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Faust_8 posted...
So these people isaac run into...never use anything else besides shotguns? Are they good when they're not using one?

I used to think TC was all right but this topic just makes me think "Kid I get 20+ kill and single digit deaths with the KSG, crawl back into your hole. You're just pissy that your MSMC isn't the king of close range."

Show me where I said that please.

I swear the only reason 95% of people use shotguns is because they're not good enough with other kinds of guns. They rely on getting lucky one shot kills. Only a handful i've ever seen go positive.

I'm not sure what the point of quoting that is. That is completely irrelevant.

Saying that 95% of people that use shotguns do so because everything else is too hard, that they need instant kills or they suck...isn't relevant to me saying that you think people that use shotguns don't use anything else and that's a bloody ignorant thing to say?

First you say that.
Then I point out how that's dumb.
Then you say you never said it.
I prove that you did.
And that's irrelevant?

Seriously kid I can't take you seriously ever again. You're just butthurt and indulging in illogical whining to feel better.

Yeah, I shotgun. But lately it's only with the KSG and I mastered every weapon type 5 years ago and continue to use all of them to this day--I snipe, I shotgun, I use LMGs, and everything else.

Whining that the weapon is OP is one thing, whining about the people that use it with baseless generalizations, while denying that you did so, is a whole other bag of worms.

You may as well get off the internet and CoD as well because you've clearly entered the "waaah" stage of your CoD career.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#49duericPosted 12/22/2012 12:40:44 AM(edited)
Faust_8 posted...

Saying that 95% of people that use shotguns do so because everything else is too hard, that they need instant kills or they suck...isn't relevant to me saying that you think people that use shotguns don't use anything else and that's a bloody ignorant thing to say?

First you say that.
Then I point out how that's dumb.
Then you say you never said it.
I prove that you did.
And that's irrelevant?

Seriously kid I can't take you seriously ever again. You're just butthurt and indulging in illogical whining to feel better.

Yeah, I shotgun. But lately it's only with the KSG and I mastered every weapon type 5 years ago and continue to use all of them to this day--I snipe, I shotgun, I use LMGs, and everything else.

Whining that the weapon is OP is one thing, whining about the people that use it with baseless generalizations, while denying that you did so, is a whole other bag of worms.

You may as well get off the internet and CoD as well because you've clearly entered the "waaah" stage of your CoD career.

Oh no he di'int.
---
#50Mumble_Posted 12/22/2012 12:40:33 AM
I use shotguns because with this games lag I can never shoot more than once at someone. I need those one shot kills. With snipers it would take me to long to pull up my scope.
---
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.