I've yet to run into a single person using a shotgun that was legitimately good

#81JohnWall32Posted 12/22/2012 11:38:39 AM
I swear I'd embarrass you with my R870.
#82supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 11:38:44 AM
igashijin posted...
I see plenty of good shotgunners; but it's not terribly common. A lot of shotgunners just run around frantically looking for something to shoot.

The good shotgunners are those that will outright proceed as if you don't exist, ducking in and out of cover, if you are outside of their effective range, keeping themselves more or less protected from gunshots and baiting you into moving closer.

I'm sure they exist. I've just yet to come across one.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#83supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 11:40:07 AM(edited)
JohnWall32 posted...
I swear I'd embarrass you with my R870.

Post your GT or leave.

There's already one troll in this topic, don't want more.
---
#84rcommeePosted 12/22/2012 11:49:10 AM
Centium76 posted...
I prefer the challenge of a shotgun.

>Challenge
>Shotgun

Pick one.
---
(S) (I) (G) (N) (A) (T) (U) (R) (E)
#85DKryptonPosted 12/22/2012 11:52:49 AM
ITT: enourmous amounts of butt soreness
---
GT: DiceyKrypton
#86NordiniPosted 12/22/2012 11:54:05 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
I swear the only reason 95% of people use shotguns is because they're not good enough with other kinds of guns. They rely on getting lucky one shot kills. Only a handful i've ever seen go positive.

This is not me complaining about shotguns being OP or something. I'm talking about the guy who goes 8-25 and his 8 kills are lucky 1 shots because he was sitting in a corner. Or better yet, the guy who blindly rushes with horrific aim but gets those lucky kills. That's the best.

Well the you've yet to run into me. It's all i use and i run the lobbies. 450 SPM
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#87GandalfTehGrayPosted 12/22/2012 11:56:54 AM
Could it be they check your stats before the game realize that they can't be bothered with using the outclassed shotguns in this game and put on their try hard pants?
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#88NordiniPosted 12/22/2012 11:59:24 AM
rcommee posted...
Centium76 posted...
I prefer the challenge of a shotgun.

>Challenge
>Shotgun

Pick one.

You try using a shotgun against a party of players that knows what they're doing with their orbital VSAT setups and camper AR classes.

It is a challenge.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#89TimmotheussPosted 12/22/2012 12:05:33 PM(edited)
If people weren't so content with their ~1.5 KDs and weren't playing on maps the size of peoples bedrooms we wouldn't be in this mess. A death to a good player is much more significant than a death to a average/bad player, and that's just amplified with the OHK shotguns (more-so the R870, which can be pumped and fire off a second shot before most of my shots even register due to lag, or in some cases poor aim, which I'm not afraid to admit). While it does take skill to put yourself in consistent advantageous positions with shotguns, people who are trying to avoid them are more or less forced into these positions because of how the maps flow and the spawns work.

I don't know how many times I've seen a shotgunner spawn near me, run up and blast me, then die immediately after. The match ends with him going 25-20 and me going 30-7 with me being absolutely furious that I was simply unfortunate enough to end up in this guys line of sight for the majority of the match, knowing full well that if he had used any other full-auto gun that I would have beaten him (maybe not every time, each situation is unique of course).

Shotguns are most annoying to those of us that hold a higher standard to our game than others. I'm more so directing my argument at those that use shotguns consistently game after game and are satisfied with getting a ridiculous amounts of deaths and even not playing the objective at all in some cases, while I am trying to avoid dying at all costs to provide important air support to my teammates who are usually randomly matched and have the minimal amount of fingers required to play. All it takes is one shotgun kill by someone running around blindly or spawning next to me to ruin a streak that would have otherwise substantially changed the outcome of the game.

EDIT: The KSG is the exception to this, after having used it and realizing how difficult it can be to get the hang of. It is what all of the other shotguns should have been, minus the ridiculous range, save that for the single shots.
---
GT: Pipfection
#90supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:06:12 PM
Nordini posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
I swear the only reason 95% of people use shotguns is because they're not good enough with other kinds of guns. They rely on getting lucky one shot kills. Only a handful i've ever seen go positive.

This is not me complaining about shotguns being OP or something. I'm talking about the guy who goes 8-25 and his 8 kills are lucky 1 shots because he was sitting in a corner. Or better yet, the guy who blindly rushes with horrific aim but gets those lucky kills. That's the best.

Well the you've yet to run into me. It's all i use and i run the lobbies. 450 SPM

gt?

GandalfTehGray posted...
Could it be they check your stats before the game realize that they can't be bothered with using the outclassed shotguns in this game and put on their try hard pants?

Definitely a possibility. Never considered that to be honest.
---